Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151929 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

Never mind, misread your post.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Theodore View Post
    I stand by that my logic from last night was reasonable and I wasn't trying to bandwagon as much as I was trying to put pressure on Yukari, whom failed to convince me.
    What do you mean put pressure on her? How much more pressure can you put on a person who has 4 votes, exactly? She was getting hammered from everyone posting. She was already over the half way mark. And despite all this, she wasn't exactly jumping to change her mind. So what was your plan here, other than to push her a hair away from majority lynch and keep the focus on one person's single vote? Also, you casually pushed for roleclaims. Why? That is an incredibly stupid move for town power roles.

So it's your turn, Theo. Convince me that you didn't just bandwagon on Yukari. I'll change my vote if you manage it.

##Vote: Theodore

Akihiko: I understand your reasoning in pushing these people. I don't see any sign of Shinjiro standing firmly by any decision to vote Yukari, though. He voted Aigis, then voted Yukari, and then unvoted Yukari, with no posts of any real substance in between. His posts with votes in them are his most substantial. So where are you getting all that conviction Shinjiro supposedly had?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

I have been trying to glean information from Day 1, but it's just people pointing and saying "NO LYNCH IS ONLY SOMETHING THAT MAFIA WOULD CALL FOR". Haha well, here we are. Thanks Junpei, for getting that ball rolling!

I stated straight up we have little information to go on, and the argument I made was that if we do lynch someone we have more evidence to work on than if we simply went for a No Lynch. Considering the Doctor was targeted and presumably protected themselves, it's clear the Mafia might have an idea of who it may be unless they elected to forego a Nightkill

As for me bandwagoning, yeah it looks pretty apparent that's what I was doing, but I'd like to think even a bad Marian knows not to do that. If it makes me look suspicious, so be it. I'm willing to bite the bullet to help the town. In that case, there's a pretty good shot some scum can be found in those who led the charge as I was led astray. They'll rarely vote the same always, however.

Also, I never asked for a roleclaim. I predicted it but my argument was merely is that if we know the roles, we have more knowledge in our possession with every flip, good or bad.

I made a mistake and used bad judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mitsuru View Post
    His posts with votes in them are his most substantial. So where are you getting all that conviction Shinjiro supposedly had?
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shinjiro View Post
    *If* she does, absolutely. I'm a human, and I'll be damned if I just let you decide I'm scum from that.
    Now that I see this bandwagon developing, I'm starting to think Theodore is innocent and the mafia were planning on throwing him under the bus today.

##Vote: Shinjiro

Allow me to answer on my own behalf. My conviction was as such: if you believed I was a Mafia for making a call that turns out to be bad, I would not stand idly by while you think I'm a Mafia for just that. However, that doesn't mean I'll stick with the call if I already believe it to be bad before confirmation of it comes.

I went to bed when my own and Koromaru's votes were on Yukari. Imagine my surprise when I returned and found three extra votes piled onto her. Not just that, but Yukari was defending herself quite desperately with no one coming to her aid. That doesn't automatically mean she's a Human of course, but it does mean I'd rather investigate someone else who stood out to gather more information. And those three extra votes? They're goddamn bulltrout, that's what. I instantly unvoted so we wouldn't have a majority lockdown (which would only stifle the exchange of information), and since there is little to no reason to pile FIVE VOTES' worth of pressure onto one person, I thought that maybe, just maybe, some of the bandwagon hoppers might have been Mafia.

I mean seriously, Theodore, what was the point of putting those votes on her. Was there *any* reason at all?

That's why I switched to Theodore ultimately, and my suspicion of him has hardly lifted. In hindsight it'd have been interesting to bait and see if anybody did dare to trigger the majority lockdown, but at the time I still hoped we could switch to someone else. Unfortunately, it seems nobody heeded my call to re-evaluate their suspicions.

Mind you, I'm also a tad bit suspicious of Mitsuru. Someone speaking on someone else's behalf either knows more about them than they should (i.e. Mafia) or is a pretty damn trusting town. And the fact that I know said trust is most certainly *not* misplaced by chance is what makes me suspect the former.

Anyways, if any of the people who are still being mostly quiet are watching our exchange, please don't hesitate to jump right in, interrupt, and bring something else to the table. We still know very little about you guys.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Arf!

[The thing is, I still think it's hard to judge who mafia is simply based on who did and didn't vote for Yukari considering, and this is my personal reasoning here, so I may be wrong, that we needed to lynch somebody in order to get discussions going.]

Ruff!

[So for that reason, I am still very suspicious of Akihiko. I don't buy the whole "I was just testing you guys". I realize I may come across as defensive, since he was accusing me among others, but the way he tried to shift the guilt on those who first voted for Yukari really did seem like he was trying to throw off all the suspicion his hostile attitude got focused on him.]

Bark bark!

[I'm still not casting my vote since we haven't heard from about half of the other people, and I think it's always s good idea to wait a bit. After all, our chance of lynching an actual mafia member has grown - much more than we expected since no one died tonight - so if we keep an open mind throughout the day, we might as well get lucky!]

I am afraid I'm still not quite sure what to make of Akihiko-senpai. It seems as though any action or lack of action is suspicious to him. One would wonder whether he's actually mafia and throwing suspicions at everyone or simply indecisive. Time will tell I suppose.

I am disappointed by our error in judgement from day one. I have to agree that bandwagoning from here on is a bad idea, and will lament the loss of Yukari-chan. I was suspicious of her I'll admit, and much of it came down to her erroneous interpretation of the math involved, so as a machine I will stand by that decision. It is unfortunate that I have no "gut feeling" to go with. Perhaps that human characteristic would make this easier.

As it stands, I'm more interested in gaining information about those who may have stayed relatively quiet or went out of their way to not draw too much attention on day one. I feel we are gathering a good amount of data about everyone else thus far but do not want these people to simply slip by for too long. My tendency will always be to want as much information as I can get. So far, it seems to me that Minato and Ken have been the least active. Perhaps they are merely busy and we'll see their activity pick up on day two. But just the same I do not like having little to go on with them while most others either have been or are now being fairly active.

I can understand the natural suspicion of people who jumped on Yukari, though I can't discount the idea that perhaps only one or possibly even no mafia were really involved there and mostly just let a bad decision on our part play out as it readily deflects suspicion from them. There are many possibilities for me to consider. Hence I shall hold off on any votes at this early stage and seek out more information. I do not wish a repeat of last nights tragedy.

As an aside: to honour our fallen comrade I shall be referring to Junpei solely as Stupei from now on. I feel that's what she would have wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Koromaru View Post
    [So for that reason, I am still very suspicious of Akihiko. I don't buy the whole "I was just testing you guys". I realize I may come across as defensive, since he was accusing me among others, but the way he tried to shift the guilt on those who first voted for Yukari really did seem like he was trying to throw off all the suspicion his hostile attitude got focused on him.]
    At this point I'm left wondering if there's anyone he hasn't thrown accusations at. It seems a very strange strategy and one that would be expected to cast suspicion on him. But then I'm left wondering if it's all a mafia bluff to deliberately appear too suspicious from a strategy that obviously is suspicious. Or if he's just seeking out information but drawing more attention than he intends. I confess I'm still not sure what to make of his efforts yet. Not with any certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shinjiro View Post
    Allow me to answer on my own behalf. My conviction was as such: if you believed I was a Mafia for making a call that turns out to be bad, I would not stand idly by while you think I'm a Mafia for just that. However, that doesn't mean I'll stick with the call if I already believe it to be bad before confirmation of it comes.
    Except you didn't originally believe it to be a bad call. You said "I've gotten a little more suspicious of a certain other person" before voting Yukari. It wasn't until 4 hours later that you suddenly realized it was a "bad idea" and decided to change your vote when it was already inevitable that she was going to be lynched.

Had you stood by your initial suspicion and not changed your vote, I would be more willing to believe that you simply made a mistake despite believing you were correct.

[The thing is, I still think it's hard to judge who mafia is simply based on who did and didn't vote for Yukari considering, and this is my personal reasoning here, so I may be wrong, that we needed to lynch somebody in order to get discussions going.]
    So just lynch someone for the sake of lynching someone? That's a pretty anti-town way of thinking.

I don't really care if you suspect me. I own my moves and mistakes. But instead of reaffirming your decision and standing by it, you instead tried to dismiss it and deflect suspicion back onto me. All I'm advocating for here is for you to own your move. Not doing so makes you untrustworthy and therefore come across as fairly scummy.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aigis View Post
    I am disappointed by our error in judgement from day one. I have to agree that bandwagoning from here on is a bad idea, and will lament the loss of Yukari-chan. I was suspicious of her I'll admit, and much of it came down to her erroneous interpretation of the math involved, so as a machine I will stand by that decision. It is unfortunate that I have no "gut feeling" to go with. Perhaps that human characteristic would make this easier.
    It's easier to say this in hindsight, but I thought it was fairly obvious Yukari was not mafia. She put in a considerable amount of effort towards justifying a no lynch vote, yet people used this extremely minor point against her. While I also agree that not lynching ultimately doesn't help town, she boldly chose to take the other side of the argument. She was heavily outnumbered, yet she did so willingly. Almost no mafia player would ever do that on the first day of the game.

Also if it wasn't already clear, at least one of the mafia members is an active player. The mafia submitted their actions early, which means that the mafia are actively participating in this game.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Bark!

[Considering anyone trustworthy in this game is a huge mistake anyway, so I'm fine if you think I'm untrustworthy.]

Arf!

[Regarding the activity comment - that may be true and we should consider that, HOWEVER, we should also consider that it's possible those less active during the day (Minato, Ken, and to a lesser extent Junpei) could still be watching the day phase closely but only acting a time Night. After all, all of our accounts are marked as hidden, so there's no way of knowing who is actually around. Mafia might be composed entirely of very active members, just inactive members, or any combination in between.]

[Considering anyone trustworthy in this game is a huge mistake anyway, so I'm fine if you think I'm untrustworthy.]
    Well you do need to examine every player at least someone skeptically, but what lynches ultimately come down to is who you trust the least.

[Regarding the activity comment - that may be true and we should consider that, HOWEVER, we should also consider that it's possible those less active during the day (Minato, Ken, and to a lesser extent Junpei) could still be watching the day phase closely but only acting a time Night. After all, all of our accounts are marked as hidden, so there's no way of knowing who is actually around. Mafia might be composed entirely of very active members, just inactive members, or any combination in between.]
    I think what you said is pretty fair. My main point is that while Minato and Ken are the least active players in the game by a considerable margin, the other players have all at least somewhat participated in this game. Since there are 3 mafia members, even if those two are both mafia, at least one other person is a more active player.

Koromaru, whom do you suspect?

Hey everyone I'm up. Was out for drinks last night and decided not to drink and play mafia.

Alihiko you yell you claim all your moves, yet demonize anyone who makes any other move. You were the one that wanted to lynch people on how they said hello if I'm not mistaken. That being said I don't think your mafia even though you have been very wishy washy. I think you are just playing aggressive.