Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223242529 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There seems to be some confusion about the day end conditions, and I recieved a Mognet just now from someone else who was curious so I'll just briefly clarify how the day ends.

As I state at the beginning of each Day, the day phase ends when one of two things happen:

• The majority lynch cap is met, in which case the day ends immediately. This varies depending on the number of living players, but is always announced at the start of the day. For today, the lynch cap is six.
    • The day also ends after 48 hours have past. In this case, the player with the highest number of votes is lynched.
      • If there is a tie at the very end of the day, it goes into sudden death. Whoever has the highest number of votes in that phase is immediately lynched. So if say, Player A and Player B both had three votes going into Sudden Death, Player A having four votes would have Player A immediately become lynched.

All votes being cast is not a valid reason for the day ending, as votes can always be changed or retracted. But it is a reasonable enough thing to think.

I hope this helps anyone who was unsure!

Of course even had I not voted Theodore you would have found a way to twist it into me being a crafty Mafia player Minato. You like loaded questions and things like that. Your accusations mean little to me at this point.

At no point have I twisted any information. I have only stated it and made deductions from it; I have also worked hard to show my logical process.

I'm having difficulty finding any loaded questions. Please point me in the right direction, and I will happily either take them back or explain them. I have certainly argued my position, as well as been very open about my thoughts and presumptions. I hope that is not what you feel comes across as loaded.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Seriously dudes, there has been far too much "Oh I thought it was you who said this". Actually read who is posting and what is being said. This has been going on from Page 1.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mitsuru View Post
    Hold the phone, when the heck did I ever come across as trusting Junpei?
    Which is why I assume this whole accusation was another big ol' mistaken identity, since the only interaction I had with Junpei before Akihiko's post was

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mitsuru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    I am wondering why people jumped on Theodore at the end of day one. It was just two jumped on votes with the intent to have more people jumping on? They really gave no real reason for it, then day two it was just business as usual for them and jumped on again with no real reason for it.
    Perhaps you should read the posts again. There have been reasons given. You may disagree, and you can challenge the reasoning given, but don't try and say that there is no reason for it. Trying to save your mafia bro by sowing seeds of doubt about his accusations?
    which isn't exactly friendly.

We can't have conversations if you all don't know who is even in play.

Honestly you've rarely explained the logic behind your deductions. You'll certainly explain things like if person A is Strega then person B must be as well, and do your best to find some logic to justify it which is fine. But you've rarely explained why you feel person A is Strega in the first place when multiple characters take actions that are at least as fishy just as often. Then when challenged to explain it you give vague answers like it being a guess or it being the only thing that makes sense. You'll never explain why it's the only thing that makes sense though.

And of course, every action I do take you'll say indicates I'm Strega. Using my vote for Theodore as an example, you of course say while I was in the process of posting that if I vote him I must be Mafia throwing him under the bus. But if I didn't vote for him you'd no doubt then argue that were I to vote Akihiko I'm a Strega member trying to eliminate a threat, or trying to appear as though I'm protecting Theodore, or that I'm trying to force a sudden death scenario in an attempt to come out looking like I don't have blood on my hands.

All valid things to consider to be sure, but since we're all largely in a no win scenario with every action we take as soon as people start casting suspicions and picking apart every single action, anyone taking any action could be made to look guilty after you make these accusations and argue them with a certainty of your convictions that the evidence doesn't really support. Hence why every time you're challenged on that certainty you try and claim you're not really that certain but rarely weigh in on any other possibilities. You try and direct your accusations in such a way that anything I do can be construed as guilt. I'll admit, if you are Strega you're doing a better job of trying to pick and choose the evidence that supports your accusations than Akihiko is doing if he turns out to be Strega.

Yes, the number of cases of mistaken identity here is quite amusing, if also extremely dangerous Mitsuru. Perhaps since I was programmed with knowledge of the language I fail to understand how hard reading can be? Or how fragile human memory is?

No other characters have taken actions that at at least as fishy anywhere near as frequently and consistently as you three.

Common Key Mafia tells:

1) Consistently on the same page
    2) Consistent use of vague language to provide escape when challenged
    3) Bandwagoning

Presently, only three characters meet these three criteria. This is the reason for my suspicion.

When other characters meet that criteria, I will suspect them. And when any of you don't, I will stop suspecting you.

I have consistently weighed in on other possibilities. I admit I have been more fervently on your back than any others. I simply believe you to be the most dangerous Mafia, but I in no way want to make you feel unwelcome.

I have attempted and will continue to attempt to predict the actions of the Mafia. Every action you take that indicates you as Mafia I will call out. Every action you take that indicates you are not Mafia, I will review my deductions openly.

You still have done nothing to challenge my reasons for your guilt, and are continuing only to attempt to cast doubt on those reasons, and play the victim. This - again - makes me feel you are Mafia, because it is a typical Mafia move.

Ultimately, I can't guarantee anything, I can just play the numbers as best I can, and you continue to make yourself to best bet. If you feel the evidence doesn't support my theory, find it.

So we've got a little under two hours before the day ends. As it stands there are five votes on Theodore (one away from a lockdown) and three votes on myself.

Let's see if any last minute scrambling goes down.

##Unvote

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Minato View Post
    You still have done nothing to challenge my reasons for your guilt, and are continuing only to attempt to cast doubt on those reasons, and play the victim. This - again - makes me feel you are Mafia, because it is a typical Mafia move.
    I actually provided a number of alternative scenarios if you recall. Aside from that I have to wonder what else you would actually consider a challenge. Challenging your reasons is a challenge. Opening the discussion to alternative possibilities is a challenge.

What exactly would you consider me challenging your resasons? Somehow proving that mine and Theodores votes didn't coincide on day one? Impossible since there's a written record that they did. I can only deny that it was intentional but you're hardly going to believe that. Argue we're not working together and why? Did that. You found that suspicious as well as though a member of SEES who has been declared suspicious so vehemently by another player wouldn't offer alternative explanations for the circumstances. Hell, you even consider the act of voting for him suspicious and as I explained earlier, would likely argue any other alternative available to me was suspicious to varying degrees.

And you accuse me of vague language but my language has never been very vague. You seem to consider it vague that I state my suspicions of everyone as well as alternative reasoning I consider, but it's hardly vague. I'm not exactly going to feel bad about considering multiple possibilities and thinking on several levels. If being overly suspicious is sufficient reason to accuse someone then accuse away.

For the record, I'm not overly bothered by the fact that you would find reason in anything I do to see me as suspicious at this point. It's always been your extreme conviction that I found the strangest and obviously somewhat dangerous to my well being. But I don't blame you for questioning everything. It's perfectly reasonable to do so and I'd be more concerned if you didn't.

For what it's worth, I'm actually less convinced you're Strega than ever. Some of your other deductions actually fall in line with some of my thinking and that leaves me undecided on if it's a ploy by Strega or we're picking at some of the same threads. We'll see how those play out should we both make it to Day 3 I suppose.

There is one hour left in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    There is one hour left in the day.
    Thanks, Mr. Timekeeper. Any last words before the day ends?

Over the course of these last few hours I've actually also grown more suspicious of Aigis over Theodore, but smurf it. As Yukari showed yesterday it seems rather futile to try to get an opposite movement going this late in the day. And I still think Theodore is Mafia even now, unlike with Yukari, so this is fine.

Well, let's see how this turns out.

##Vote: Theodore

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Day Two has ended. The write-up, reveal, and Night Two will commence shortly.

You guys are absurd.