Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6162021222324252627282930313236 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

I'm just wondering one thing though. If Koromaru is Mafia, why did the tracking show he did nothing on Night 1? Does only one of the Goons go out to kill or what?

I don't believe Mitsuru is innocent. I believe her, Elizabeth, and now for me Koromaru are all the mafia. Her Cop claim wasn't needed, and then Koromaru protection with I'm doctor and voted this way to confuse things wasn't needed either. It was a we were busted move and koromaru claimed to protect his ally to point a finger at me.

Anyway, so here's where I stand. Mitsu is definitely town. Koromaru is definitely mafia. Junpei is most likely what he says as his information gathered on day one matches mine.

Still not sure where I stand on Shinjiro exactly. I wasn't that strongly suspicious of him when I suspected Junpei but if I'm not suspecting Junpei anymore (and honestly, I've gotta take a stand on some things or this isn't going to work well so I'll throw my lot in with him right now) I have to reevaluate Shinji. I still stand by my belief that Akihiko is mafia but he's too insane for me to think him that dangerous if he is so I'm more worried about eliminating one of the other two right now. Not really sure about Elizabeth. I mean, I've figured out who's playing Elizabeth and I literally chat with them on FB every single god damn day so I'd like to think I could pick out genuine confusion and surprise and suss out any lies, so my gut says town. Ken I'm not sure about either though.

My gut feeling is Ken or Shinjiro for third mafia. If I'm wrong about Akihiko then I'd say both are mafia.

There are two goons. They are the killers. Mafia can only kill one a night so only one goon moves to kill. They can switch killers to take away suspicions if people are on to them.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    I don't believe Mitsuru is innocent. I believe her, Elizabeth, and now for me Koromaru are all the mafia. Her Cop claim wasn't needed, and then Koromaru protection with I'm doctor and voted this way to confuse things wasn't needed either. It was a we were busted move and koromaru claimed to protect his ally to point a finger at me.
    In that case, how do you explain the lack of a victim on Night 1?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Akihiko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Aigis View Post
    I'll be honest Akihiko, I don't find any of that from Elizabeth right now all that suspicious. This trout has gone battrout crazy and I love it. If towns people in non-power roles weren't losing their minds and confused as hell right now I'd find it more suspicious.
    How the hell is she not suspicious? There are no more unclaimed town roles left. She has suggested she is town but hasn't offered any specific role.
    By simple power of deduction she'd be a vanilla townie and since I strongly believe you're actually mafia your claim of being a vanilla townie doesn't hold a lot of weight with me. Plus, like I said, I know the Elizabeth player very well and her posts feel genuine to me. Is a gut feeling a lot to go on necessarily? Maybe not, but it's a gut feeling developed as a result of years worth of conversations and I'm going to trust that over your claims anyday when I'm not exactly sure where the evidence points on her.

I believe I know who plays Elizabeth too. However it is just speculation as we really don't know until Igor reveals it.

I'm actually certain because they slipped up with the timing of things in their real life giving them away but I understand not everyone is privy to that level of information.

And honestly, another thing Akihiko, the most concrete reasoning you've given for suspecting Elizabeth is that she seems scummy to you. Sure, if it's actually just a gut feeling you're going with then fair enough but you're awfully obsessed with that notion despite some better arguments to be made against others. Either you're mafia or you're fishing. Either way I don't buy your complete lack of reasoning against her.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shinjiro View Post
    Perhaps the doc-switching-sanity gimmick is some sort of reference to Persona 3, not that I'd know?
    This would have to be the case. Now that I've read the role list, there is a role for "Compulsive Doctor." I'm going to assume that the Cop role could also potentially have a bit of flavor to it.

Her claim makes sense given Aigis' evidence though. Her sanity switching mechanic makes sense since Aigis protected her on Night 1 and not Night 2. This would explain why she got a Guilty result on Theodore in Night 1 and a Guilty result on Koromaru in Night 2.

Still not sure where I stand on Shinjiro exactly. I wasn't that strongly suspicious of him when I suspected Junpei but if I'm not suspecting Junpei anymore (and honestly, I've gotta take a stand on some things or this isn't going to work well so I'll throw my lot in with him right now) I have to reevaluate Shinji.
    Shinjiro claimed Vanilla Townie second after me. Because of this, he is not suspicious to me compared to Elizabeth and Ken who have yet to claim any role whatsoever.

My gut feeling is Ken or Shinjiro for third mafia. If I'm wrong about Akihiko then I'd say both are mafia.[/QUOTE]

By simple power of deduction she'd be a vanilla townie and since I strongly believe you're actually mafia your claim of being a vanilla townie doesn't hold a lot of weight with me.
    I'm not mafia. I was the first one to claim Vanilla Townie today, and I was literally grilling Koromaru even before Junpei revealed himself as the Tracker.

Plus, like I said, I know the Elizabeth player very well and her posts feel genuine to me. Is a gut feeling a lot to go on necessarily? Maybe not, but it's a gut feeling developed as a result of years worth of conversations and I'm going to trust that over your claims anyday when I'm not exactly sure where the evidence points on her.
    People in game =/= people outside of the game.

And honestly, another thing Akihiko, the most concrete reasoning you've given for suspecting Elizabeth is that she seems scummy to you. Sure, if it's actually just a gut feeling you're going with then fair enough but you're awfully obsessed with that notion despite some better arguments to be made against others. Either you're mafia or you're fishing. Either way I don't buy your complete lack of reasoning against her.
    No, that isn't at all what I said. Did you even read my posts?

I said she is suspicious because she has yet to claim a role. Every single other town role in the game has been claimed. There are two other Vanilla Townie roles (claimed by myself and Shinjiro), one Tracker (Junpei), one Doctor (you), and one Cop (Mitsuru).

There aren't any other roles available. She has to be mafia.

I'm sorry, I did claim? Why do you keep trying to misdirect to me like that? I did say I was town in reference to shinjiro and you. Just cause you claimed it "first" doesn't mean you're actually a town. Koromaru claimed doctor and we know that's most likely to have been a lie. You have been acting so erratic this whole game. It has to be a tactic.

Unless Elizabeth is a cop as a townie. That being said I can't shake mafia.

I had no suspicions on Koromaru as like I said I tracked him with negative results of movement night one. Then his claim as doctor put him number one on my list. Have no clue why he would out himself unless Mitsuru's claim was false. Makes no sense.

First off, you started the day accusing her by simply saying she seems scummy to you.

Second, claiming a vanilla town role does not mean you are town. Like I said, I don't actually believe you're a townie so I'm not going to believe your claim of the role now am I? For that matter, there's no guarantee Shinjiro is town either. It could be Ken. Seriously, if you're trying to convince me that because some people said they're vanilla town she can't be then I'm more convinced than ever you're mafia and she's town because that is the single worst piece of reasoning I've seen this entire game.

Third, no, of course people outside of the game =/= people inside. But unless you're a sociopath most people have a hard time maintaining false emotions and reactions over a long period of time. And I know what her reacting genuinely looks like. So either she's a damn good actor or I'm trusting my gut for now.

Unless Elizabeth is a cop as a townie. That being said I can't shake mafia.

I had no suspicions on Koromaru as like I said I tracked him with negative results of movement night one. Then his claim as doctor put him number one on my list. Have no clue why he would out himself unless Mitsuru's claim was false. Makes no sense.
    Maybe because Mitsuru said Koromaru turned up Mafia on her Night 2 Investigation, so he claimed he protected her twice to make both her investigations make sense with him being Town? :P

Either way, I'd like to hear your explanation for how there was no Night 1 Kill in your theory either way. I still just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Elizabeth View Post
    I'm sorry, I did claim? Why do you keep trying to misdirect to me like that? I did say I was town in reference to shinjiro and you. Just cause you claimed it "first" doesn't mean you're actually a town. Koromaru claimed doctor and we know that's most likely to have been a lie. You have been acting so erratic this whole game. It has to be a tactic.
    You said "town." There are 5 town roles left in the game. I understand now that you meant "Vanilla Townie" but you didn't say or claim this at all. Be more specific next time.

I claimed Vanilla Townie right away because I didn't want to give the Mafia any leeway when it comes to claiming Vanilla Townie roles. By claiming the role first, they only had one more "available" Vanilla role to claim.

Also I firmly believe we should not lockdown the vote until Ken speaks and Mitsuru responds to a lot of the conversation.