Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 102024252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Game Thread - Day Five - Showdown in the Velvet Room

More discussion over less is why I haven't voted yet to end it. I would like to see more info and conversation from people yet all three of the towns in question have all gone silent.

Time and words are our best tool to snuff out and eliminate the mafia.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay guys, sorry I'm late to this. Let me see here.

Koromaru had 4 votes on himself. Koromaru then self-votes (which, while very unusual, is allowed). Day Three then terminates there. Despite Aigis attempting to unvote Koromaru, the Day ends immediately at a majority, so I'm afraid I cannot let vote stand, Aigis.

Therefore:

Day Three has ended. The write-up, reveal, and Night Three will commence shortly.

The only real points of contention are Ken vs Mitsuru as Cop, and Shinjiro vs Elizabeth as the Vanilla Town (from my point of view since I'm Vanilla town).

Mitsuru I'm aware that the host can make up their own stipulation regarding a role, however the condition you're describing isn't the way the sanity mechanic works with the Cop role. So forgive me for doubting your claim. I'm not going to deny that it could potentially exist, I'm just saying it seems very weird to me and maybe even a little suspicious.

I also find the fact that Koromaru came out and claimed Doctor within 15 minutes of your reveal as Cop kind of suspect. His claim just so happened to validate your investigations while simultaneously clearing himself. Either he was caught by the Cop and tried to take advantage of their investigation mechanic, or you were both in on it. I think the former is more likely to be the case.

The problem that we have now is that there's two false claims to check. Aigis will almost certainly be killed. The only confirmed role we have is Junpei as the Tracker. Aigis could opt to protect Junpei although I'm unsure if it prevents roleblocks. I've been trying to think of solutions as to how we could out a mafia with his ability, but every single possibility is full of holes. At this point it basically looks as though Junpei's ability is nearly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Igor View Post
    Koromaru had 4 votes on himself. Koromaru then self-votes (which, while very unusual, is allowed). Day Three then terminates there. Despite Aigis attempting to unvote Koromaru, the Day ends immediately at a majority, so I'm afraid I cannot let vote stand, Aigis.
    Nowhere in the rules does it state that self-voting is allowed.

Blog Entries

Default Night Three - Shadows in the Dark Hour

The Poem for Everyone's Souls

Koromaru - 5 / 5 (Akihiko, Aigis, Elizabeth, Shinjiro, Koromaru)
    Mitsuru - 1 / 5 (Akihiko, Ken)

Elizabeth - 0 / 5 (Akihiko)

(Junpei, Koromaru and Mitsuru are yet to vote)
    (Aigis attempted to unvote Koromaru after the day had formally ended)

"Imma Doctor, pls." Hours of debating and role-play had led Koromaru to reveal his deepest, darkest secret: he can talk!

"Since when can a dog talk?" exclaimed several others in surprise.

"Jnpy, pls!" Koromaru pawed at Junpei to believe his role-claim.

Koromaru moved around the Velvet Room, carrying a stethescope around its neck to complete the facade. No-one was really buying it.

"A dog can't be a doctor! This isn't some lighthearted children's movie!" Almost immediately, everyone started declaring their votes for Koromaru. Knowing that this was the end - and that the dog doesn't always survive - Koromaru quickhammered himself. A majority was reached before the end of the day.

Not all dogs go to heaven.

Unsurprisingly, [M] Koromaru was a Mafia Goon played by Fynn!

| Night Three |

Tonight ends in twenty-four hours, or when all night actions have been submitted (unless it is stated they wish to have room to reconsider in the PM).

This thread will reopen at 16:00 GMT to begin Day Four.

Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 02-23-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Day Four | Drama in the Velvet Room

The mood was high after they successfully killed the traitorous mutt. Everyone decided to rest up for the next day of investigation, thoughts turning to who the other two members of Strega work.

Aigis decided to enter the Velvet Room's workshop to perform some maintenance on her sensors. Over the clattering of machinery and tools, she couldn't hear someone enter the room. Gripping a spanner, the assailant struck Aigis with a heavy blow across the head. Hammering blow after blow, Aigis eventually stopped functioning.

Just before dawn, I entered the workshop and found a mess. Nuts and bolts strewn across the floor. Aigis's shattered body lay prone against the floor, never to function again.

[M] Aigis was a Compulsive Doctor played by Vivi22!

| Day Four |

Today ends immediately when a majority is reached on either a player or the 'no lynch' option. If no majority is reached, the day will time out 48 hours from now (22:00 GMT, 24th).

The lynch cap for today is four.

So My tracking got blocked. Not surprised in the slightest.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

You all need to know this right away. On a hunch, I did an investigation on Shinjiro during the night, and I found out he's mafia. So, that means that the two remaining mafia are Shinjiro and Mitsuru. I suppose there's a slim possibility that Mitsuru's just a vanilla townie claiming to be cop, but chances are she's mafia.

I'm going to open by voting for Shinjiro, but I'll switch to Mitsuru if more people vote for her.

##Vote: Shinjiro

Quick votes are a suspicious thing.

So here are my thoughts.

Town:
    Mitsuru- Cop
    Shijiro - Vanilla
    Akihiko- Vanilla

Mafia:
    Ken - Goon
    Elizabeth - Role blocker

This is my list of roles and thoughts at the moment.
    Mitsuru what are the results of your investigation in the night?

This whole game you have tried to accuse me of being mafia. This whole game you haven't had any reason to do so! You even said this yourself And now you think i'm the roleblocker of all people? Your whole logic was because I was tied to Mitsuru. You're convinced mitsuru is the true cop, which i'm not entirely sure about because of that weird role claim. But if i'm tied to mitsuru by your logic, how does that still make me mafia?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Junpei View Post
    I wasn't pointing at Ken. I just simply said my suspicions of him are up. I believe Mitsuru to be Mafia, and though Elizabeth has played a decent don't put much on me game. Mitsuru has a few times let a gem fall they are together in my opinion which is why I voted for her yesterday. I will go through the list of who is left from most suspicious to least in my thoughts.

Mitsuru: no doubt in my mind Mafia. This player has let a few things slip that has been damning yet it went just about unchallenged due to the Theodore band wagon.

Elizabeth: This is simply guilt by association with Mitsuru.

I have noticed she tends to go to Elizabeth in thread. Don't know if it is a signal, or what but that is where I grew suspicious of Elizabeth.
    Then when Elizabeth was doing the vote count it was just odd how it was Mitsuru's vote that she messed up on?
    Ken I am wondering about too as I have seen her go to Ken in Thread once though Ken has been extremely quite.

I believe Elizabeth is the 3rd mafia. I'll admit I don't have anything solid on it though.
    I don't want to lose my head and we lose the entire game because you can't find a reason to actually vote me. Come on.

Well then. I didn't think Mitsuru faking her claim was particularly likely, but it's nice to hear confirmation that she's the real cop. As Ken's claim to have investigated me and have it turn up Mafia is literally impossible unless he's an insane or paranoid cop and doesn't know it. Both are unlikely since Ken did not say anything about any other investigation targets (not even people he supposedly confirmed Town, by the way, just to mention that).

Still, just to have this remote possibility out of the way, Ken, who were your previous investigation targets?

These were my thoughts as of day 4. No clue if I am right as last night I tracked Elizabeth but was blocked again.
    Shinjiro I believe you are town and so is Aikido. Mitsuru has a better claim to the Cop then Ken going through all the evidence from day one.

I think Elizabeth is the Role Blocker but it is a pure guess. Ken I believe is the goon but have no way to be sure of the mafia roles as they won't come right out and tell us.

My thoughts for day 4 voting.

If we vote Ken what will happen.

If he is Mafia:
    Mitsuru is the conformed Cop.
    Mafia is down to one member left.
    Mitsuru is the night Kill by mafia as the highest power role town has left

If Ken is Town:
    Ken would be the real Cop and town got hood winked.
    I die at night as the last power role town has.
    Mitsuru is Mafia.

Like I said after last night going over everything from day one on after the roll claims Mitsuru is the more likely Cop.

My thoughts are on voting Ken today, yet I do want to here Mitsuru's results first, also it would be nice to see the answer to Shinjiro's question to Ken.

Yeah but then why in the world would a cop be "insane" or sane based on a doctor protection. That just seems too out there. I mean I get the compulsory doctor. That just means the doctor has to use their power. That's nothing wacky like the doctor protection thing switches their role. All the rest of the roles have been just normal ones. I don't think such a wacky one fits right. I think that's the biggest thing that's hanging me up about Mitsuru's role claim.