Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 71721222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Discussion Thread - Strengthen Those Social Links

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who didn't really care about figuring out the members behind the masks. Scruffy was the only one I got instantly and that's because his style of playing is just so distinct.

@Formy You have Junpei as a Vanilla Townie in your opening post.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah honestly it wouldn't have mattered how hard we went on that day because unless aigis got that protection again, we would have won so there wouldn't have been a day 4.

When it flipped I was just trying my best to survive. Blocking junpei and killing shauna was about my only way out. There was just a tiny bit of doubt about her investigation I could have worked with. I tried to somewhat set that up day 4 while still being suspicious of ken.

Again, had scruff not blown up in here and validate his town postion, I think I could have worked that angle. We left him alive for that reason, he was so all over the place we felt it was more of a town distraction then help.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Day two I actually forgot vivi was playing and thought aigis was psy. Then I was like smurf he has to go. Because psy, you're a monster. But then I remembered you weren't and Tyler was soooo

If you know who the person is, you know how they play. It shouldn't happen, that's the point of the accounts. But it's also half the fun

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

Oh and no lynch day one does not mean mafia omg poor bobby.
    <3~

Well it looks like we won. Good game everyone!

Again, had scruff not blown up in here and validate his town postion, I think I could have worked that angle. We left him alive for that reason, he was so all over the place we felt it was more of a town distraction then help.
    Being all over the place doesn't necessarily mean scum. When you're playing a vanilla role, you're kind of free to approach the game however you want. You don't have any way of obtaining information through an ability so you have to do things the old fashioned way: scumhunting.

My play for the first two days was definitely a little bit sloppy since there was hardly anything to work off of, haha. I think Day 3 was when I really turned my game around.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile, look at what y'all all did to me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I really only think you were able to because of the obvious mafia slip up ha.

Playing all over the place doesn't usually help the town, it distracts them. You should have seen us scramble about an old member called demondude. Now his plays were absolutely crazy. Haha

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Also I actually was playing portal 2 ha. Glaados is a bitch. Probably cause I murdered her in the first game. So Sassy

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, no offense, but that play style was actually the least threatening to us throughout since we knew that even if you personally had "pinned down" any one of us, we could hand wave it since I think there wasn't a single person you didn't point your finger at

And YAS, KARIFEAN!!!! PERSONA!!!

Now that only leaves Freya, I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Meanwhile, look at what y'all all did to me.
    Yeah, this is probably gonna be me soon!

I really only think you were able to because of the obvious mafia slip up ha.

Playing all over the place doesn't usually help the town, it distracts them. You should have seen us scramble about an old member called demondude. Now his plays were absolutely crazy. Haha
    The mafia slip up definitely helped yeah. But really when you're playing a vanilla town you don't have much information to go on until someone makes a role claim or you can notice some specific voting and gameplay patterns.

I did notice both you and Fynn vote for me by the end of Day 2 which started making me suspect you two more than other players. I knew my playstyle would get me a lot of heat, and the mafia would almost certainly use me as a free lynch if they needed to. That was kind of my plan in a sense: I was trying to lure out some of the mafia to take the bait (me).

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I actually put myself in towns shoes at that point. To me, even without mafia knowledge, it was obvious theo wasn't mafia. I didn't want to point that out too much though so you guys would kill another of your own. But you on the other hand, had I been town I would have thought it was all a play because it's exactly how you played in your first game here too. Which you were mafia. I underestimated you that game because I thought you were just acting crazy.

I actually put myself in towns shoes at that point. To me, even without mafia knowledge, it was obvious theo wasn't mafia. I didn't want to point that out too much though so you guys would kill another of your own. But you on the other hand, had I been town I would have thought it was all a play because it's exactly how you played in your first game here too. Which you were mafia. I underestimated you that game because I thought you were just acting crazy.
    Oh I totally agree. It was actually when I wrote my big post on Day 2 that I saw a few other players had started noticing the Aigis & Theodore "connection" that ended up not actually being there. I went along with it anyways, but in hindsight I agree with you that it was clear he wasn't mafia.

I dunno, I was just trying a few things this game. Some worked and some didn't. I'll build off of what worked and improve for next game

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

w2g town

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    You missed an obvious one. They're my bff outside of the game so they can't possibly be mafia.

How'd that one work out, Doc?
    Didn't say she couldn't possibly be mafia. Said I didn't believe she was at that point. I admitted it was nothing but my gut feeling because I didn't have a lot to go on and sometimes you've gotta take a chance on something eventually.

I did mention to her several times in FB that is she flipped mafia I'd cut her.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also I actually was playing portal 2 ha. Glaados is a bitch. Probably cause I murdered her in the first game. So Sassy
    You're welcome.

Wait, why did I gift my murderer a game?