Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, sure come on! There's still plenty of room on the mafia bench!

Cmon Vivi, you too! I made some pizza!
    Does it have pineapple?

I think this game is making me want to play Persona 3. I never had any interest in it before, but now it's definitely on my radar. I don't know if it could top Persona 4 for me but I still think I should give it a shot.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I personally prefer it to 4 because of its themes and characters (though I am in the minority, since people usually prefer the more heavily anime-inspired and immediately likeable cast of 4), but it might be a bit harder to get into after 4 since 4 really makes many aspects of gameplay smoother. Your best bet would be to get the portable version if you have a PSP or Vita - what that version sacrifices in anime cut-scenes it really makes up for with huge gameplay improvements, like a smoother equipment interface and controllable party members (not to mention there's a female path which is awesome). If you can't get that, get FES. There is literally no reason to play the basic version of the game at this point.

I personally prefer it to 4 because of its themes and characters (though I am in the minority, since people usually prefer the more heavily anime-inspired and immediately likeable cast of 4), but it might be a bit harder to get into after 4 since 4 really makes many aspects of gameplay smoother. Your best bet would be to get the portable version if you have a PSP or Vita - what that version sacrifices in anime cut-scenes it really makes up for with huge gameplay improvements, like a smoother equipment interface and controllable party members (not to mention there's a female path which is awesome). If you can't get that, get FES. There is literally no reason to play the basic version of the game at this point.
    I actually do have a Vita...which has unfortunately been collecting dust since I finished the two Danganronpa games months ago. Sounds like P3 Portable is the better version so I'll pick that one up.

This seems like a good time to play through it with Persona 5 just around the corner. :P

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

While I do number myself in with the majority who prefer Persona 4 (I can't help it, I just like happiness), I do really enjoy Persona 3. It was the game that introduced me to the entire series, after all, I'm pretty indebted.

As for the version, I played P3P's female path, and the story was fantastic. The lack of anime cutscenes means it is more heavily visual-novelish, which is a shame, but the gameplay improvements are pretty important, so I think it is a decent trade-off.

FES retains the anime cutscenes and has mild additions to the game. I've not played it myself. FES also only has the original male path, which I feel isn't as well-written than the female path which was written after FES was released and allows you to develop social links with every member of S.E.E.S, as opposed to just the women. Also, you can choose not to romance everyone, unlike in the male path.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ken View Post
    Oh my god. I'm an idiot. Igor PM'd me days ago, but I didn't notice it and didn't read it. I'm NOT just a regular cop. I'm a "Corrupt Cop": when mafia roleblock me, rather than me getting no investigation results, my investigation results get switched. A mafia result becomes a town result and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ken View Post
    This changes everything. I'm almost certain that Shinjiro ISN'T mafia now. After I revealed myself as cop, I must have been roleblocked by mafia the next night, making Shinjiro appear as mafia rather than town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinjiro (paraphrased)
    Yeah no.
    Oh, the end of the day is always so full of humour.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

oh dear

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh dear indeed

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You guys are ridiculous. Was that a Suicide pack

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm almost surprised it took this long for Ken to vote for himself.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Alright now that i've wasted most my work day posting here, I'm gonna have to actually work on this T & M