Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2121617181920212223242526272832 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Discussion Thread - Strengthen Those Social Links

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't know why you two are bragging when you absolutely trouted the bed and made ridiculous and unnecessary claims

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I don't know why you two are bragging when you absolutely trouted the bed and made ridiculous and unnecessary claims
    Shush, you. This was literally my first mafia (in which I didn't die within like an hour of joining). Not sure what Fynn's excuse is...

Articles
    Blog Entries

In Mr. Carny's defence, I think Ken had no choice but to claim cop. Because he couldn't really claim Vanilla, and claiming nothing would've been suspicious as all hell.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I super underestimated Junpei's cunning. That was my bad and I seriously didn't see it coming.

Still, it was my action that made the game actually fun rather than just tense. So I think you're just jealous, Psy

Articles

Junpei made a huge mistake lying like that assuming he is indeed town. He got lucky from you panicking. No townie should ever lie! Assuming Mitsuru is being truthful too, his lie could've cost town the cop and if you'd kept your mouth shut and let the town destroy itself it just might've!

Ya I can bees smarts.

We may not have made all the right moves, but we had a LOT of fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Except it was legitimately a smart choice on his part. Yes, it involved risk, but he lured me out in a way that would pretty much make me suspicious if I didn't say anything

Could I have tried and argue that? Of course. But you can't deny that his move was well-planned and worked well to the point of being a total game-changer, not only incriminating me completely and indisputably, but also presenting him to the rest of town as undeniably saying the truth - to this point he is the only living townie who cannot possibly be mafia

Really well done, Junpei

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

A townie will lie for strategic reasons though? Like when you don't want to be revealed as a role. What kind of logic is that? A townie should never lie? What?

##vote: Psychotic

Articles

Sorry dude, I don't think it was smart to lie and say a random person did something when they didn't. You incriminated yourself under zero pressure. It worked because of you, but it would've failed disastrously if you had ignored the bait - ending with, at best, the cop exposed and at worst, lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    A townie will lie for strategic reasons though? Like when you don't want to be revealed as a role. What kind of logic is that? A townie should never lie? What?

Yes, a townie should never lie. Lynch all liars is a basic town rule. Don't claim at all if you don't want your role to be revealed, don't just pull something out of your ass.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    IN OTHER NEWS. I had a theme idea the other night

So Bachelorette

But the bachelors are like Fabio, Derek Zoolander etc

I think the role playing would be hilarious and I want to watch it
    SO​GUYS. MY IDEA. WHAT THINK

##Vote: Psychotic

Mafia solidarity, yo.

IN OTHER NEWS. I had a theme idea the other night

So Bachelorette

But the bachelors are like Fabio, Derek Zoolander etc

I think the role playing would be hilarious and I want to watch it
    SO​GUYS. MY IDEA. WHAT THINK
    Yaaas!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Sorry dude, I don't think it was smart to lie and say a random person did something when they didn't. You incriminated yourself under zero pressure. It worked because of you, but it would've failed disastrously if you had ignored the bait - ending with, at best, the cop exposed and at worst, lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

Yes, a townie should never lie. Lynch all liars is a basic town rule. Don't claim at all if you don't want your role to be revealed, don't just pull something out of your ass.
    Except his risk payed out hugely, so how can you still criticize it? He managed to say something to make everyone believe him and revealed himself just at the right time to gain back everyone's trust. There's no lynch all liars rule here - and frankly, it's a very stupid one because in this instance, it would have given mafia a huge edge because I was completely pinned down.

The pressure was there because everything he said was aligned with what we knew. Then Mitsuru came in, and everything came crumbling down. Claim whatever you want, but I can assure you, his guess was accurate enough to give us definitely more than zero pressure.

Of course, it's easy to judge when you're on the other side.

Articles

How would you have been under any pressure? Everyone would've been up in arms about the Tracker and Cop claims and you could've sat quiet and let them bicker about the mechanics of Mitsuru's role. If Junpei had then said "Lol I lied I investigated the dog he did nothing" and you hadn't said anything everyone would've assumed you were vanilla and he'd have looked suspect as all hell for lying.

Not trying to be an ass here, just offering feedback and analysis. I get you'd like to have been caught out by a masterplan but I gotta be totally honest and say it wasn't through his genius you were caught out, it was through your own mistake. And yeah you're right it's easy for me to sit on the sidelines and say that. Fully accept that. If I'd been in your position maybe I'd have done the same! Just calling them like I see 'em.