Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 51519202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF XXVII Discussion Thread - Strengthen Those Social Links

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Oh God. I am at the edge of my seat. Was my investigation legit?!

Hey guys, sorry I'm late. What did I miss?

...oh.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Aw snap. Town got its hustle on the last couple of days, well-played!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Now that it is over, I can freely admit that before Day Three, Town was - respectfully - getting smushed. From the middle of Day Three onwards, Town got their act together and were in the ascendancy. It was so interesting seeing the reversal happen.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

They were not getting smushed. We failed to hit a single role before the end of night 2, and we didn't manage to kill anyone on day 1. Town really had a good start.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

We couldn't get a single role before they all got revealed. That was the opposite of a good start for us.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The inability to hit a power role did hurt, to be sure, but in the first two days, you guys didn't really need to do much. It's telling that not a single one of you jumped on the bandwagon for Yukari, for example. You simply didn't need to. None of you were on the Theodore bandwagon either.

Whether or not the lack of killing a power role would've hindered your lategame chances (I would say it did), I do think it is fair to say that Town were under some pressure in the first third of the game. And besides, power roles are no guarantee. Mitsuru's cop investigations only really became useful in Day Three because of the unique mechanic. You guys basically made Junpei a Vanilla Townie.

I mean yeah, it wasn't the best start not killing someone Night One, but that's just the luck of the draw. Vivi can confirm his protection was very arbitrary. Going into Day Three, no-one from Town seemed suspicious of you guys, at least, not above the usual level of suspicion, though I might have to re-read the latter part of Day Two to see where things were at.

Ken was actually playing a great game until he needed to claim, because most were happy enough to leave him be.

Honestly, I think Mafia had a good enough start. Not hitting a power role probably hurt your long term chances, as power roles tend to get more powerful over time, but in the short term, I can think of worse starts.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah I agree with Formalhaut. Success for mafia isn't defined by taking out the powers necessarily - I mean, if you do, happy bloody days, but it's a crapshoot - in the early days if your head is down and the town are focused on squabbling over lynching townies without thinking about you then you are doing a damn fine job. And that's exactly what happened.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sure, but failing to kill ANYONE on night 1 is a big blow to morale

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I can't believe I survived that game. I thought going into night two and day three I was done for.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I said I'll explain how I was able to bait Mafia into claiming too.

Here is how I did it.

i was shocked when I survived night two. I made a mistake by mixing two different members who I didn't know this at the time, but were town. If you look at the thread I laid low for a good chunk of time after that.

When I survived night two I figured it was because Mafia thought they had a more powerful kill then me, yet them Role Blocking me showed them I too had a night role as that would have come back succeful to them. So when I claimed I said Smurf it anyways as half the town was looking to lynch me next, and Mafia knew I had a night move.

At this point my suspicions of Shuana had dropped a good deal as I had mixed her up with another player. (Why you shouldn't drive and Mafia) but I kept them up to set up the farce. I knew Fynn was the puppy and I had a feeling he was a goon because he had no movement night one and I have played against Fynn before when he was Mafia, and he was acting in the same way. It is why I tracked him night one.

When I claimed I insinuated that I had evidence against Shauna as the tracker to see what would go down. It was desperate I will admit but I thought nothing to lose. That's when Fynn popped his head up out of no where and dropped the I am the Doctor and helped her night one. It was exactly what I was looking to achieve. Someone to lynch who wasn't me, but Mafia. After that I was still suspicious of Shauna a bit, but when I really read what everyone else wrote about Mitsuru I had to admit she was the cop. Sorry Shauna I made this game a little hard on you.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Screw you Freya for making me doubt myself pretty heavily.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

But honestly, after Theo flipped town, it put a major dampener on my confidence in my results. Even if I couldn't be protected two consecutive nights (maybe not the best thing for Igor to slip me this information xP), I still had massive paranoia. Although, Igor's slip cemented that Koromaru defos was mafia because I suddenly had information I probably shouldn't have had.

Also, not sure why Ken roleclaimed. It just made him suspicious. Like, obviously I knew, but nobody else really bought it.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I wondered the same thing. If anything he could have claimed tracker and tossed me under the bus. More people were for killing me on day 3 then you. It would have destroyed my game.