Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lyn's Weekly Art Thread

Default Lyn's Weekly Art Thread

Hey everyone!

So this is my new art thread where I'll be posting at least one picture every Thursday in order to be more consistent and to practice more. The pictures could range from simple sketches to complete drawings. Constructive criticism is of course welcome and appreciated!

I hope you'll all enjoy them as much as I enjoy making them!

So, here is the first picture! It's one of the main characters from the story I'm writing. His name is Kage. (I know it's not a very original name. I named him when I was a younger teenager haha) He's the gentle but proud prince of the eastern kingdom of Azuran. He looks a little boring when it's just his portrait haha, but that's his style. What do you guys think?

Kage.jpg

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

He looks princely! You nailed that aesthetic! I'm curious to see what his full outfit looks like. For some reason, from what i've seen, I see kinda of military-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    He looks princely! You nailed that aesthetic! I'm curious to see what his full outfit looks like. For some reason, from what i've seen, I see kinda of military-ish.
    Thanks Freya! I've actually been meaning to draw his full art, so I'll be posting that soon!
    And yes, he is supposed to look like a warrior, so I'm glad I got that down!

Another picture!

This one is a sketch of the antagonist's helmet from my story. It's actually fairly old, (so it's not very symmetrical) but I touched it up a bit and added some things. I don't actually have much else of his design besides his helmet. I really need to do his full art soon! What do you guys think of the sketch?

More drawings on Thursday!

Helmet 3.jpg

Thanks Fynn! It's just a sketch, so I'm glad you like it!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kind of reminds me of Vanitas' helmet from KH! The jaw part, specifically

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Great work! That helmet is bad ass!

Just don't wear it whilst you're eating popcorn or you're likely to lose a finger or two.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

That's terrifying D:

I'm curious how it'll look colored. Would you go for a darker metal or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Kind of reminds me of Vanitas' helmet from KH! The jaw part, specifically
    It does! I've never played KH, but I just looked it up and I do see some similarities!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Great work! That helmet is bad ass!

Just don't wear it whilst you're eating popcorn or you're likely to lose a finger or two.
    Thanks, Bubba!

Well, lucky for him, I don't think he even likes popcorn haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    That's terrifying D:

I'm curious how it'll look colored. Would you go for a darker metal or what?
    I would definitely go for a dark metal. His colors would probably be black and silver, with a pinch of red. I know bad guys always have those colors, but it just looks so cool haha.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well yeah, they have those colors for a reason! That reason! It just looks so cool!

Well, I said I would have a picture out today, but I had to do errands and I wasn't able to finish it. I was tempted to just finish the picture tonight, but it would've looked sloppy. I will have it out tomorrow though!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, don't rush it!

Looking forward to seeing it

Here it is as promised! It's another one of my characters (I promise the next one won't be of my characters haha). Her name is Alexandria, or Alex for short. She's the cheerful and intuitive princess of the western kingdom of Amatea. I'm the most happy with her expression. I used to be horrible at capturing expressions, so I'm glad I'm getting better at it. What do you guys think?

Alex 2 001.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oooo I like the wind blown effect. I'm always really bad at that when it comes to hair. Oh you even have the earrings blowing too! See I forget those little details. Constructively I think the one thing off a little is the nose. But other than that I think you captured the expression well!