Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two new FF7 Remake screenshots revealed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You completely misunderstood me, pudgy. I have nothing but nice things to say about XV, so this wasn't me saying "guys, this is gonna blow", it was me saying "guys, this game is probably gonna be developed for VERY long. Don't get used to anything."

Squall, though? Nah. I'm not sure there's anything he isn't negative about

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    You completely misunderstood me, pudgy. I have nothing but nice things to say about XV, so this wasn't me saying "guys, this is gonna blow", it was me saying "guys, this game is probably gonna be developed for VERY long. Don't get used to anything."
    Ah ok, sorry I took it the wrong way. Yeah I'm pretty sure development will take a while and realistically I doubt we'll have any major updates until at least TGS.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I'm just going to quit gaming just like I did anime/manga. Too smurfing mainstream for me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    I'm just going to quit gaming just like I did anime/manga. Too smurfing mainstream for me.
    I can't wait to see your reaction if a Final Fantasy VIII Remake were ever announced!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

looks like you can change between characters, yes ! Missed that so much in FFXV.

Quote Originally Posted by pudgy bird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    I can't wait to see your reaction if a Final Fantasy VIII Remake were ever announced!
    If it's a boring WRPG wannabe I would end myself. I never would want VIII to get remade. They'll bastardize the game.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

As with the limited footage we've seen, it all looks very XVish. Which isn't a bad thing, the battle system in XV was fun for what it was.

I wouldn't even want them to remake Xenogears, which is my favorite mothersmurfing game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    As with the limited footage we've seen, it all looks very XVish. Which isn't a bad thing, the battle system in XV was fun for what it was.
    I disagree. I don't mind them trying to change up the battle system a little bit, but I thought XV's combat was easily one of the worst in the series. Really don't want them to copy or imitate it in any way.

The first screen kind of turns me off a bit. Cover mechanics have absolutely no place in a Final Fantasy game.

Also considering this footage is probably from the first 20 minutes of the game, it definitely seems like it's still a very very long way off. People have already started calling this Versus VII.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Fair enough, to each their own. I don't think the cover mechanics will be any different from XV, which were a far cry from traditional third person cover based shooters and as such I don't have a problem with its inclusion for those reasons. However I think the ability to use white magic would make the use of cover to restore HP a la FFXV redundant so who knows.

looks good to me, i like how sleek the interface is... for the cover, i don't think it'll be any different from XV, basically never used because curatives do a faster job, unless the player just doesn't stock up... also notice how in both of the screenshots "Materia" is grayed out, my guess is it's a placeholder for another command to be added later or removed entirely... i also think the "Guard" command will be absent and made entirely automatic, since it seems your party members go on autopilot when you change lead party member ala XII... looks like situational and positional awareness will be necessary too, look at all the targets on the ground around Guard Scorpion... so far looking good, i expect things to change between now and release but, right now i like what i see...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The cover mechanic worked fairly well in The Last Story, and that game had a pretty FF feel, since it was made by Sakaguchi

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I have no feelings toward this, either way.

After FFXV I'm taking anything they release with a massive grain of salt, my consumer confidence in the FF brand is at an all time low right now (not just because of FFXV, before anyone lynches me).

Plus in the past when publishers like EA and Ubisoft have released screenshots only it's because they touched them up to the nines in Photoshop.

For a purely speculatory point of view, it's interesting that there's an ATB bar with what looks like a charge indicator. Maybe the battle system will be similar to Eternal Sonata's where you're free to run around and use abilities (within limit) until the turn timer has depleted (and incidentally in that game there were elements like light and dark patches on the battlefield which would provide buffs/debuffs).

Those comments here.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Looks cool, but I'm with Fynn that we shouldn't read into any gameplay related stuff from what we see here. Fool me twice Nomura, shame on me.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum