Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake (Part 1?) voice recording is nearly complete.

Default Final Fantasy VII Remake (Part 1?) voice recording is nearly complete.

In the latest issue of Dengeki Playstation, Final Fantasy VII Remake's producer Yoshinori Kitase provided an update on the game's voice recording progress. According to him, the remake's main story voice recording (most likely referring to the first installment of the Remake) is nearly finished.

“The voice actors have almost finished voice recording of the main story. Fans may have the image of the Cloud from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, but since this is the ‘prime’ Cloud from before Advent Children, the performance may feel fresh.”
    The producer also briefly touched upon the key visual released last month, which depicted Cloud and Sephiroth alongside Midgar.

“I’ll leave the meaning of the Sephiroth that doesn’t exist in the original (the black wing?) to everyone’s imagination.”
    Although the Remake has yet to receive a release date, this update seems to suggest that development of the game is going fairly smoothly.

Credit to Gematsu for the original article.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

The second comment is already mis-analyzed as I can see on the website by people who once again did not understand Sephiroth's projection of his consciousness into the Jenova body that he himself controlled.

We will surely see him with the wing though. "The meaning of the Sephiroth that does not exist in the original" "the Sephiroth that does not exist" obviously meant as his depiction in that picture and like this we never saw him before KH. He surely will appear with a wing this time. Too bad that once more people will misunderstand this in the storyline. I really dislike it when people say "Jenova + Sephiroth" because that gives a wrong impression of a headless body that is merely used as a tool and that is even explained the moment Sephiroth's original body is seen. But no, of course only the line "it was Jenova's body we followed" is kept in mind.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-23-2017 at 03:52 PM.

I hope Steve Burton enjoyed saying " Not Interested " every 2 seconds.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I myself still prefer text boxes for RPGs such as Final Fantasy. I like voice acting everywhere else that would use it, and it is kind of interesting to hear what the characters sound like, but it just feels traditional and "right" to have text boxes in an RPG to me.

It would be good if both could be done, like we could choose to play the game with or without voices (and no, turning the sound down doesn't count, because then every sound would be gone).

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I hope Biggs doesn't have the same VA as he does in the Remake trailer!

Also I'm glad to hear that Cloud will sound more "fresh" in the Remake than he does in Advent Children. I understand that he was pretty depressed in AC what with the Geostigma and everything that happened in FFVII but Christ, he was dull to listen to. Don't even get me started on Tifa's VA, so emotionless!