Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your earliest memory?

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I remember waiting outside a yarn shop for my mother. I remember an intense boredom and walking around in circles on the pavement repeating the word "twelve" out loud to myself over and over again.

This still actually happens on occasion.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sneaking out of my bedroom to go say hi to my grandma. I had been grounded to my bedroom because my parents were mad at my grandma about something. I crossed the hallway anyway, then my parents caught me and spanked me until I was crying.

That, or when I was rubbing my forehead back and forth against the frame of my bed, because it was bumpy metal and had an interesting sensation, and I was so bored and ignored that this was the most fun I could have. My dad came in to find out what the noise was, then left. I, being very young, took this at face value, so I went back to doing it, only for him to come back in a minute later and yell at me to stop.

I can't remember which actually came first, but I'm pretty sure it was the top one.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Somewhere between 2 and 3, in a baby seat attached to my Dad's bicycle, being cycled around Bicester late in the evening. I'm told this was a pretty regular occurence from about two months old until I was about 3, as it helped me get to sleep.

I remember a stork flying me over the city.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can remember bits of my second birthday and second Christmas, and seeing my sister for the first time (which also happened toward the tail end of my second year of life.)

Signature by rubah. I think.

I have an extremely vivid memory of lying on a cot in a dark hospital room watching Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius on a little TV. I was about 3 or 4 at the time and was recovering from one of the many surgeries that made up my childhood, though I can't remember exactly which one that was. I can remember the layout and lighting of the room almost perfectly, though, I think.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

One that I'm not 100% sure about: About 18 months in hospital undergoing a small surgery. I said in pretty good detail to my mother what the details of the room was and everything was correct some years ago.

One I'm certain about: At 2 years of age at an amusement park. I was on the spinning cups and got very sick. Could remember the details of events that day.

Str8 Pimpin'