Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516172131 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

About Formalhaut's statement: There's no indication as to the alignment of the 'Family Alchemist' role.

Also I forgot to change my vote yesterday.

##: Vote No Lynch

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well yeah, the Family Alchemist could be Town or Witch.

If the player who died was Town, they would try to elect someone they at least thought was also Town. You wouldn't want to be giving a witch a tie-breaker power. Therefore, if a Town player who died elects someone, they believe that person to likely not be a witch.

Of course, Town players operate under false theories and assumptions so it shouldn't be taken as absolute.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default EoFF Mafia XXVIII - Halftime Day 1

Many people were fervently trying to get everyone up to speed on what they were up against. Some laid back for a while, only jumping into the conversation when necessary. Others seemed to be completely absent-minded, as if they weren't even there at all most of the time.

Somewhat exhausted, they decided to take a 30 minute break. Everyone paced around the mansion for a while, but everyone was still cautious and observant of one another so no one was free to act as they pleased.

Eventually they all reconvened in the parlor. One person noticed something hidden under their seat when they returned. Surprised, they took it and went outside for a second. Just afterwards they came back in as if nothing had happened.

Finally, it was time to start round two.

Umineko OST - Dancing Pipe

Halftime (Day 1)

24 hours remain in the voting phase. Majority lockdowns are now enabled.

Voting Log

Scruffington -> No Death
    Scruffington -> Mr. Carnelian
    Scruffington -> No Death
    Last edited by Karifean; 03-06-2017 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Added Title for consistency

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Here's mine:

If a Pained's identity or ability is revealed, their goal changes to wanting to survive alone and kill everyone else.
    While we're on the purple statements:

What does everyone make of this? It sounds legitimate at a first viewing. From what it sounds like, there's a player - who is either Town or a Witch, but I'd guess they were Town as it would be harder to keep you identity/ability secret in a witch's circle - who becomes something that is basically a serial killer if either their identity (who they are) or their ability (what they can do) is revealed and attached to their EoFF account.

Let's not be hasty. The moment that person is revealed, it'll be dangerous for witches and especially dangerous for Town.

Of course, assuming that the statement is true, but an activated serial killer is very Karifinese.
    I do not think it is a serial killer, but sounds more like a "survivor".

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

SOMEONE GOT A NOTE UNDER THEIR SEAT????? What kind of shenanigans is this?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

So now I am wondering what the smurf was in that letter. Ohh another twist.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd think it was a survivor type if the 'kill everyone else' thing wasn't there.

I guess it is possible by 'kill everyone else' it is implied that the person wants them all to be lynched/nightkilled, but the phrasing of that suggests to me at least that they have some direct hand in the killing.

Of course, hopefully that won't happen.

Intrigued about the note though. That seems suggestive of... something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh good, a letter. Not like that could be ANYTHING

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

So this letter. Who sent it? Whoreceived it? Was it sent by a player or was it sent by Karifean? What is in it, and what is the results of it?

The letter would suggest that someone has a daytime ability. So we definitely can't assume that everyone has a night time ability.

I wonder if there are other daytime roles out there. Also...am I really the only one to have voted?

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, this might give us all a clue:

The Cynic can send a private message to a Witch Aligned player every day at Halftime.

Combined with what Pumpkin said about the Cynic, I'm pretty sure this is what happened.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I also think I should clarify this now, however much it pains me to do so, but it's probably important that we don't get any false leads at this point.

I made a mistake. I got confused with my role PM and my red statement to the point that I was convinced that Pumpkin's statement contradicted mine. But I was wrong. So I have no solid basis for claiming that someone was lying anymore. I know flip-flopping like this won't do me any favors, but in my defense, this mafia format is kind of a doozy.

However, I still agree that we should take all these rules with a grain of salt. 6 people out of 9 have revealed their statements, with only Scruffington, Quin, and TSoL still not revealing their statements. Again, we don't know how many Witches there are, but I'd imagine it's safe to assume some of them have already revealed their statements. And yet, just because a statement was made by a Witch doesn't automatically mean it'll be a lie. Of course, the Witches gain the advantage by spreading misinformation among us, but maybe there is something to be gained strategically by revealing their actual rule?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That would explain how the Cynic can communicate with the witches? Unless they were able to from the getgo, but then that might make this ability redundant. I dunno.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

With Fynn's truth revealed lets assume there are two witches and the halftime message is how one can communicate to the other. That makes scenes with the Karifean twists and also puts the rule on the double kill cancelled out rule that's in play if the miss their halftime move and fail to communicate to each other.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Except if Pumpkin's truth is true, that would mean the cynic isn't actually a witch, just a human aligned with the witches - which means they can't kill, just communicate with them, and their goal is the same as that of the witches.