Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, I get it. He was pretty aggressive at the beginning, pushing for everyone to reveal their statements. To be honest, though, considering the format, that's quite understandable. Still, can't help but feel that he's applying stuff he's learned from the previous mafia...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So Fynn what is it about TSoL you find suspicious and do you find Carny suspicious as well?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

just don't trust his truth as real though as like I said, it sounds a little made up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

There's a conflict in Statements. Of the seven statements currently revealed, only two discuss witches: Fynn's and TSoL's.

Fynn's statement makes it sound like there are at least two witches, plus the cynic (who sends them messages). Notice the "to a witch aligned player". That implies more than one.

Meanwhile, TSoL's statement is pretty clear that there is only one witch.

So basically, we have either one witch (and a cynic) or more than one witch (and a cynic). While it is possible that they are both correct and the differences are incidental, I don't think Karifean would make that kind of switch-up.

So basically, one of them is lying.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The main reason I find Mr. Carny to not be that suspicious (besides him being my boyfriend, of course ) is that he was very willing to sacrifice himself to resolve a tie and prove or disprove my Purple Statement.

I mean it could be a bluff and he's a witch trying to make himself look super-innocent, but if we called him on his bluff and decided that - yes, we do actually want to try that out - he would either have to go along with it and risk being lynched or back out and thus look pretty darn suspicious.

I just don't see a witch making such a death-defying leap like that, especially on Day One when the stakes aren't even that high.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Carny a bit, but TSoL gives me a bit more substantial than the simple gut feeling I have with Carn

It's mostly how you drew attention to the fact that not only are there suddenly three statements about the Cynic, but also that he more or less explicitly said there's one witch, which is something that the Witches would probably like us to believe if there were more. Then there's the fact that I'm pretty sure your statement is true because it came before mind instead of afterwards, so you really couldn't have predicted what I would say with my statement, and yet it fits. Of course, this is pretty much a non-argument to anyone besides me since TSoL could basically say the same thing and it'd be his word against mine.

And then there's the thing Formy said that actually confirmed something that I thought right after seeing TSoL's purple statement - that the wording regarding the lying is a bit weird. It doesn't seem to fit the tone of the rest of the statements and looks like it ends pretty abruptly. It's also a pretty convenient thing to lie about.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I trust Mr. Carny's truth because of the rewrite ability on one of the characters and also because OMGSECRETTIMES BUUUUTT he could have taken a truth and changed the wording slightly to make it more believable. Like maybe one person can screw with the narrative but he wrote 3, because 3 does seem like a lot. So I'm not certain but I'm not immediately suspicious of his claim.

I'm also less inclined to believe TSoL's truth because of the one witch thing in his statement and how it seems to contradict with other information.

With that said, I'm also not for killing a potentially innocent and possibly helpful person without being more certain, personally

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

That move is what me look at him closer though. He said he would go up against a No Lynch, which always turns my eye. It is also is a move that would cement him to the town as town while he would be free to kill whoever off. He is number one on my suspect list.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I also think Pumpkin is likely not to be suspicious because her statement came pretty much immediately at the start of the day, without prior knowledge and it fits in with at least one of the later statements.

Not sure about Nutty. 'Village Idiot' doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the flavour here, but then, I've not seen When They Cry so what do I know?

The thing with TsoL's is - and I can't believe I'm using grammar as a point here - there's no commas, only abrupt full stops after each short phrase. All the other statements that aren't very short (like Carny's) have at least a comma somewhere. TSoL said he was using his phone, maybe that explains the abruptness? But then if he was Human he would absolutely have to copy/paste the exact wording.

Ugh. I don't want to accuse TSoL because he got lynched in the first day the last game, and I kinda don't want him to be lynched in the first day again. It's like being eliminated first in those reality shows.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I'll also add that if I was handed the Alchemist role I would always vote for the lynch unless I was 100% sure the other person was innocent town. With all these twists I'm not even sure the witches are the biggest danger. My head has been flipped 180 degrees.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I trust Mr. Carny's truth because of the rewrite ability on one of the characters and also because OMGSECRETTIMES BUUUUTT he could have taken a truth and changed the wording slightly to make it more believable. Like maybe one person can screw with the narrative but he wrote 3, because 3 does seem like a lot. So I'm not certain but I'm not immediately suspicious of his claim.
    One person is an easier pill to swallow than three. If he was a witch attempting to fudge the numbers, it is much simpler to simply say one person could rewrite, as opposed to three. If his statement read one person in the first place, why not just say that? Why make things harder for yourself by saying such a large number?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    One person is an easier pill to swallow than three. If he was a witch attempting to fudge the numbers, it is much simpler to simply say one person could rewrite, as opposed to three. If his statement read one person in the first place, why not just say that? Why make things harder for yourself by saying such a large number?
    Because we're talking about Mr. "Yes We Ken" Carnelian

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That is a good point, I was just trying to say that he could potentially be lying. I personally don't believe he is but I suppose we won't know until we know

Articles
    Blog Entries

Maybe I'm a little biased, but I don't think he would make the lie harder to swallow just because he Ken.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Though going through the descriptions of who is characters on the post only two I counted have a re-write ability. He could have easily added if he looked and counted at least two, and mistook another ability as a written one.