Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819202122232737 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

What Fynn said, I trust no one. In this game I don't even trust Karifean.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

For the record, I'm also not convinced it's Carny, but I can't deny that he's given signals that could potentially be suspicious - we need to keep our minds open and consider every possibility. Otherwise, we lose

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh, I can see that things don't add up. But that's kinda what I'm saying. If he was a witch, he's made so many pretty obvious errors: his statement with a high number which doesn't mesh with the abilities, the self-sacrifice thing, being blatantly earnest and excited at just about everything.

And he's done all that without any provocation. It doesn't add up. Which is why I think he's Town at the moment. Mafia/witches should blend in, not run around making themselves vulnerable to suspicion. It just doesn't fit.

Of course, should he do something I think is suspicious, that'll change. For now, he's pretty far down my suspicion list because he's done so many openly dodgy things, I find it hard believing a witch ally hasn't slapped him upside the face.

I'd also prefer not to be lectured on how to do my job. I'm playing Mafia. That involves hunting for witches, but almost as important is looking for cues that may indicate Town, or at least Town-likely tells. All I can say is in my opinion, Carny is unlikely to be a witch.

Though if he is Town, why the self-sacrifice? It could be that he just wants to be that guy, or maybe he feels he won't bring much to the game, and thus he is the most expendable role? What could that be? Maybe he was told his night role is defunct? Or maybe something else?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You know, he could have still gone all "pick me!" precisely because people would think that's way too obvious and gloss him over.

If you find my time patronizing, I apologize, but I felt that needed being pointing out

He still made a statement that's most likely false and hasn't been modkilled for breaking the rules. That means, based on what we think we know so far, that he's most likely a witch or a cynic. Nobody else can alter the statements, as far as we know, so either there's someone else who can do it, Karifean purposefully gave him false data (for what reason?), or there are actually three people who can screw with the write-ups? (Why and how?)

Articles
    Blog Entries

True, he's not been modkilled. As far as I know, no-one has been modkilled yet (that'd be declared, surely).

I still don't see him lying about three people to be terribly likely. The reason we think his statement is sehr dodgy is because of the number three, which doesn't mesh with the names of the abilities. I find it difficult to believe he wouldn't settle for a safer number, like one. I mean, if he said one person could alter the writeups, it wouldn't be seen as suspicious.

His statement seems so self-incriminating, and easily caught out. If he's lying, he's not only shot himself in the foot. He's shot himself in the head.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But think about it. What kind of sense does three people screwing with the write-up make? Do they screw with it one after another? Does Karifean determine the order and send them the ammended write-up? Or do they all screw with the original and we're presented with three versions of the write-up every day?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Talking about the abilities, some of their names are terribly vague. Some of them seem to mesh with power roles we all know and love (Investigate seems like Cop to me) but others are way more abstract, like "Cute". What the hell does "Cute" mean?

Articles
    Blog Entries

To be honest, I have no idea. It could be any of the options you've outlined, or an entirely different one. Until someone is killed, we don't even know how in-depth they are.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Very true Formy. I'm not 100% on Carny, but he is on the top of my list. However how many more times have I been wrong in the past? To many to count. I haven't voted yet because really there isn't a lot to go on yet. Would love to know what other things people come up with. If we can nail the witch day one or the cynical player we will be on easy street coasting.

Woop, woop, I'm back smurfheads. Here are some points I'd like to make in my defence:

1) I know my truth seems dodgy, what with it being vague and all, but it's word for word what Karifean gave me. If I wasn't going to give you my real truth, why would I even put forward the whole "I think everyone should spill their truths" thing on the table? Not like anyone else was pushing for it before me. I could have just kept shtum.

2) The whole "self-sacrifice" thing - which you're all really misreading, as I've said time and again if it went properly I WOULDN'T get lynched - was come up with as a way to test a truth. What would a witch have to gain by testing Formy's truth?

If you've made your mind up that I'm a witch, I probably won't be able to convince you otherwise, so I'm not going to jump through any more hoops trying to prove myself after this. Everything I've said up till now is on the record, judge for yourself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

How much time do we have left? so far only Scruff and I have voted, and I honestly feel we have a lot to go on for a day-one vote.

Articles
    Blog Entries

About 4 and a half hours.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

So 4.5 hours to go, so far Huckleberry Quin hasn't joined the thread at all. That too is very suspicious. Like wishing to hide.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Okay, I've made up my mind.

##VOTE: The Summoner of Leviathan

Mainly on the basis of his Purple Statement being the third statement about the cynic and the unusual nature of the wording and the abruptness with the full stops and "the purple", which seems off.

If I am wrong, and once again you're lynched Day One as an innocent, then I am so smurfing sorry, TSoL!