Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678122252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 882

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

  1. #16

    Default

    No mafia accounts is an added challenge. I dig it.

    ##Vote: No Lynch

  2. #17
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Actually, wait, are there 3 witches? I just assumed that based on previous eoff mafias I've seen and played in, but who knows with this one?

  3. #18
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    The number of witches/Mafia depend on the total number of players. in Micro games, there is often just 1 Mafia member. With the 9 of us, I would expect 2 to be Witches, but the GM can always switch up the ratio for balance purposes.

    I'm operating under the assumption that it is 2 witches, but I'm not concerned if that's wrong.


  4. #19
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,305
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post

    ##Vote: No Lynch
    OH MY GOD BURN THE WITCH.


  5. #20
    Pinkasaurus Rex Cid's Knight Pumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Falling on your head
    Posts
    16,876
    Articles
    119
    Blog Entries
    133

    FFXIV Character

    Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)

    Default

    I don't know. For some reason based on the wording I thought the teams would be split equally but yeah it's not usually done that way so I'm not sure why I thought that.

    I think revealing the truths might be a good idea because then maybe another player can confirm, even if just to themselves, whether the statement is true or not and get an idea that way?

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    OH MY GOD BURN THE WITCH.
    Yeah, let's not have another repeat of the Yukari lynch this time please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I don't know. For some reason based on the wording I thought the teams would be split equally but yeah it's not usually done that way so I'm not sure why I thought that.

    I think revealing the truths might be a good idea because then maybe another player can confirm, even if just to themselves, whether the statement is true or not and get an idea that way?
    Really not a fan of revealing so much information so soon. I also don't particularly have any reason to trust any statements made.

  7. #22
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    The more I think about it, the more advantages I can see in everyone saying their truths straight away. Fewer times for witches to come up with a convincing lie, a chance to bring up obvious suspects if two truths directly contradict each other, and as everyone has a truth, revealing it doesn't reveal anything about your role.

  8. #23
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    Really not a fan of revealing so much information so soon. I also don't particularly have any reason to trust any statements made.
    The great thing is that we don't really HAVE to trust individuals: we just have to trust the law of averages. If everyone reveals a truth, most of them will HAVE to be true, because non-witches can't lie.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    The more I think about it, the more advantages I can see in everyone saying their truths straight away. Fewer times for witches to come up with a convincing lie, a chance to bring up obvious suspects if two truths directly contradict each other, and as everyone has a truth, revealing it doesn't reveal anything about your role.
    You're also giving the mafia a ton of power by revealing Purple Statements so early. The more information they have, the easier it is for them to work around said information.

  10. #25
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    And having to put up a truth quickly puts the witches at a disadvantage: once they've said a truth, they can't take it back without obviously being revealed as a witch. And they're more likely to make a slip-up when they come up with their truth if we push them to do it right now.

  11. #26
    Pinkasaurus Rex Cid's Knight Pumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Falling on your head
    Posts
    16,876
    Articles
    119
    Blog Entries
    133

    FFXIV Character

    Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)

    Default

    There is also the fact that witches can tell the truth though, so we can't entirely rule someone out if we learn one of the truths is... well, true

  12. #27
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    The witches already know who aren't witches. And the statements don't say anything about our role, so I really don't see how they significantly disadvantage us. Yes, it gives the witches more knowledge about the rules, but it also gives US more knowledge about the rules.

  13. #28
    Pinkasaurus Rex Cid's Knight Pumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Falling on your head
    Posts
    16,876
    Articles
    119
    Blog Entries
    133

    FFXIV Character

    Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)

    Default

    But on the brightside that means we'd have more truths to work with!

  14. #29
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    There is also the fact that witches can tell the truth though, so we can't entirely rule someone out if we learn one of the truths is... well, true
    Good point. But, if we do catch out someone lying, we can know FOR SURE that they're a witch. And if they tell the truth, then they're helping us by revealing crucial information. We win either way.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    The witches already know who aren't witches. And the statements don't say anything about our role, so I really don't see how they significantly disadvantage us. Yes, it gives the witches more knowledge about the rules, but it also gives US more knowledge about the rules.
    How do you know this?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •