Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 616202122232425262728293031323646 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

Articles
    Blog Entries

In any case, let's see what the others bring to the table. Maybe TSoL, Laddy, and Mr. Carny will introduce something for us to discuss.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Assuming Intimidate is the skill around, it would see like it was a blanket effect since the character was patrolling the hallways. I would agree that such a thing would be a oneshot otherwise it would be OP and prevent all night actions from occurring.

The adult who got up and walk around might be the the witch since it seemed like they were about to do something then didn't.

The person in the shadows sounds an awful like "Stealth", while the girl in the room, I will leave that to those familiar with this game!

Also, I did a quick wikia search and like some of these characters LOOK like kids but are like +1000 years old. :/

So it would seem that Intimidate didn't prevent ALL abilities from happening but did prevent the nightkill!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    In any case, let's see what the others bring to the table. Maybe TSoL, Laddy, and Mr. Carny will introduce something for us to discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Assuming Intimidate is the skill around, it would see like it was a blanket effect since the character was patrolling the hallways. I would agree that such a thing would be a oneshot otherwise it would be OP and prevent all night actions from occurring.

The adult who got up and walk around might be the the witch since it seemed like they were about to do something then didn't.

The person in the shadows sounds an awful like "Stealth", while the girl in the room, I will leave that to those familiar with this game!

Also, I did a quick wikia search and like some of these characters LOOK like kids but are like +1000 years old. :/

So it would seem that Intimidate didn't prevent ALL abilities from happening but did prevent the nightkill!
    Well what do you know! Look who's arrived!

If the intimidate skill was one-shot, it might be possible that they might have a weaker variant? Like, one-shot mass roleblock, but they could use a regular single-person roleblock each night as well? Because if all they had was a one-shot mass roleblock, I'm confused they decided to use it straight away, especially as we were almost expecting the night kill to see what sort of information we get.

While helpful in that no-one died, it also means we are - if anything - just as much as in the dark as before!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

So the question is who was the Intimidation protecting?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Sorry, I was eating/then showering when the new day started. Then wanted to go to my PC so I can look at the forums better.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I was only joking! I was more referring to how soon you posted after I asked for your input.

If it was a mass-intimidate, then I suppose it wasn't really protecting anyone in mind?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

It may be a lucky strike protection too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't really believe the mass roleblock theory. I am, however, more and more inclined to believe there are more witches, which is why having three people to mask their movements easier. So I'm not so convinced Carny lied anymore. My main theory at the moment is that each person can alter a different aspect of the write-up.

The reason why nobody died is obvious, then - they all used their abilities instead in order to get as much information about everyone possible which, considering all the weird rules, would benefit them. A lot.

I also agree that we should be careful with the Pained. I propose that we don't try to figure out what the actual identities are, at least not at this stage, since I still think it's still possible for us to deduce people's skills without deducing their identities. Of course, it's still possible that someone privately finding out their identity is enough, but we can't do anything about that anyway, so we can only hope

Just checking in to confirm I'm alive before I go to work.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I can't get over that we are putting to much into,the write-ups. We know at least one person can re-write the writings, and up to three people. That's a lot of room for misinformation.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Exactly. I think we should pretty much focus on stuff that is going on in real time because, let's face it - everything we think we know about the rules and the night occurrences can be a lie

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Everyone is alive, Carn
    Laddy and Quin have yet to post (though Quin is supposedly inactive).

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    I can't get over that we are putting to much into,the write-ups. We know at least one person can re-write the writings, and up to three people. That's a lot of room for misinformation.
    I think the ones who are investing the most into write-ups are most likely to be the ones with the ability to edit the write-ups.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Everyone is alive, Carn
    Laddy and Quin have yet to post (though Quin is supposedly inactive).

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    I think the ones who are investing the most into write-ups are most likely to be the ones with the ability to edit the write-ups.
    *side glance at Formy*

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Laddy hasn't posted day 2 but he has on day one. I wonder if he is busy IRL, or if he is holding back to not draw attention. He also didn't vote day one if I am not mistaken. May be time to put him on the hot seat for some information.