Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That reminds me - can we assume that it's either a witch or a cynic that can edit write-ups only? Because, theoretically, it could be a benevolent human, but what would the purpose of that be? Can that be combined with being a village idiot? So like, they try to edit it one way but instead end up creating more confusion?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I can't agree to that Fynn. There could be the Investigator role who would want to slug off who they were looking into, or the Doctor role who may wish to hide who they want to protect. I think if the Witch(s) had the power then they couldn't use the kill function making their writing power useless.

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Laddy hasn't posted day 2 but he has on day one. I wonder if he is busy IRL, or if he is holding back to not draw attention. He also didn't vote day one if I am not mistaken. May be time to put him on the hot seat for some information.
    Well if Laddy doesn't post at all and Quin gets modkilled, then we can confirm that Laddy died Night 1 and his death was covered up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    That reminds me - can we assume that it's either a witch or a cynic that can edit write-ups only? Because, theoretically, it could be a benevolent human, but what would the purpose of that be? Can that be combined with being a village idiot? So like, they try to edit it one way but instead end up creating more confusion?
    I suppose it's possible. But personally I don't see how concealing or modifying information is beneficial to town in any way. That leads me to believe that if a town does have that role, it's most likely not an advantageous one.

Also looking back at the Purple Statements...there is something that stood out to me. I hadn't re-read them all in awhile, but there was one claim that I overlooked which I know for certain is false (which would suggest that person is a Witch).

I won't reveal what the statement is or who said it just yet, however.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    I can't agree to that Fynn. There could be the Investigator role who would want to slug off who they were looking into, or the Doctor role who may wish to hide who they want to protect. I think if the Witch(s) had the power then they couldn't use the kill function making their writing power useless.
    I'm not sure it's possible for someone to have two Night abilities. I'd assume someone can have a passive quality (plagued, cynic, village idiot) as well as a night ability, but I really doubt they can both rewrite a statement and have a night skill

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I doubt it too. That's why I think it makes more sense that the town has it. Or if there are more than one witch one or the other has it. I don't think the witch would be so OP that they can kill then cover their tracks in a write-up making them look like they hung around in bed and did nothing. We don't even know if there is more then one witch and that they only have the Cynic to work with as of yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think there's more than one witch. Also remember that each witch also has a different night action that they can use instead of killing while the cynic can only communicate with one of them during halftime

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I don't know if there is more than one witch though. So far nothing has screamed out that there is more than one working, and with not knowing that Pained amount of players and having a cynic it drops the amount of town considerable amounts when you bring in more than one with this many people.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think town could have a write ability. Like what if, let's say, they could change the write-up by changing a target's name to some codeword. Then if they see that code word in the text, they would know who it was. This could be beneficial, especially if it replaces the name of a witch

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Or maybe a codeword could replace an ability used and that would give them more info as well, or something like that.

There's a few ways I can think of that could help a townie is what I'm trying to say at 7 am when I'm half asleep

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Ya I think it is possible for the witch(s) not even to have the write ability. Wasn't the players and ability's chosen at random?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's what Karifean claimed, anyway. Identities have pre-assigned abilities, but alignments are not tied to an identity. So theoretically, every ability can be either human or witch-aligned, though honestly, I don't think that works if someone has an ability that is usually designed to help town, like finding out a person's alignment (if we have that), since Witches already know who's who. Unless they can't communicate with each other.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

If we go through that though, we only see one Written ability which points to Carny as a witch as it makes his truth a lie.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Considering everyone has a Night skill and we only saw a description of three actions (I think), I don't it's impossible that there's more than one at this point.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

So far the top of my list is still Carny as a witch.

Second I have Laddy. He is jumping in the thread, but not really going for information. It is suspicious.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

So far Laddy hasn't posted day two. He had if I remember correctly 3 posts in day one, and never gave a vote day one. That's what I am going on there for him.

Carny... The three Writers is what I think is a lie. It just gives no credibility to the write ups, and really is a little much.