Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678122252 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

No mafia accounts is an added challenge. I dig it.

##Vote: No Lynch

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Actually, wait, are there 3 witches? I just assumed that based on previous eoff mafias I've seen and played in, but who knows with this one?

Articles
    Blog Entries

The number of witches/Mafia depend on the total number of players. in Micro games, there is often just 1 Mafia member. With the 9 of us, I would expect 2 to be Witches, but the GM can always switch up the ratio for balance purposes.

I'm operating under the assumption that it is 2 witches, but I'm not concerned if that's wrong.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post

##Vote: No Lynch
    OH MY GOD BURN THE WITCH.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know. For some reason based on the wording I thought the teams would be split equally but yeah it's not usually done that way so I'm not sure why I thought that.

I think revealing the truths might be a good idea because then maybe another player can confirm, even if just to themselves, whether the statement is true or not and get an idea that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    OH MY GOD BURN THE WITCH.
    Yeah, let's not have another repeat of the Yukari lynch this time please.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I don't know. For some reason based on the wording I thought the teams would be split equally but yeah it's not usually done that way so I'm not sure why I thought that.

I think revealing the truths might be a good idea because then maybe another player can confirm, even if just to themselves, whether the statement is true or not and get an idea that way?
    Really not a fan of revealing so much information so soon. I also don't particularly have any reason to trust any statements made.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

The more I think about it, the more advantages I can see in everyone saying their truths straight away. Fewer times for witches to come up with a convincing lie, a chance to bring up obvious suspects if two truths directly contradict each other, and as everyone has a truth, revealing it doesn't reveal anything about your role.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    Really not a fan of revealing so much information so soon. I also don't particularly have any reason to trust any statements made.
    The great thing is that we don't really HAVE to trust individuals: we just have to trust the law of averages. If everyone reveals a truth, most of them will HAVE to be true, because non-witches can't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    The more I think about it, the more advantages I can see in everyone saying their truths straight away. Fewer times for witches to come up with a convincing lie, a chance to bring up obvious suspects if two truths directly contradict each other, and as everyone has a truth, revealing it doesn't reveal anything about your role.
    You're also giving the mafia a ton of power by revealing Purple Statements so early. The more information they have, the easier it is for them to work around said information.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

And having to put up a truth quickly puts the witches at a disadvantage: once they've said a truth, they can't take it back without obviously being revealed as a witch. And they're more likely to make a slip-up when they come up with their truth if we push them to do it right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There is also the fact that witches can tell the truth though, so we can't entirely rule someone out if we learn one of the truths is... well, true

The witches already know who aren't witches. And the statements don't say anything about our role, so I really don't see how they significantly disadvantage us. Yes, it gives the witches more knowledge about the rules, but it also gives US more knowledge about the rules.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But on the brightside that means we'd have more truths to work with!

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    There is also the fact that witches can tell the truth though, so we can't entirely rule someone out if we learn one of the truths is... well, true
    Good point. But, if we do catch out someone lying, we can know FOR SURE that they're a witch. And if they tell the truth, then they're helping us by revealing crucial information. We win either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    The witches already know who aren't witches. And the statements don't say anything about our role, so I really don't see how they significantly disadvantage us. Yes, it gives the witches more knowledge about the rules, but it also gives US more knowledge about the rules.
    How do you know this?

Pull my Devil Trigger!