Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 293943444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Yeah my statement was pasted verbatim so that's a bit strange. If your end goal is not the same as the witches, then why have the cynic role at all?
    Because he is lying. He claimed his role because he knew if a cop investigated him he'd come up Cynic. Now he is twisting it so that he won't get lynched. Pumpkin your rule clearly states that he counts as a witch when it comes to victory conditions. And humans need all the witches gone if they are to win, including the Cynic.

FFXIV Character

Also, basically Scruff's post confirmed the information I had already shared. So even if I can't be trusted, I have been consistently sharing information and trying to help the humans whereas Scruffy has been vague to the point of obtuse. Only roleclaimed because he knew if he didn't it would just be confirmed by the next day anyways. However it was a catch-22. If he claimed, he proved me right and if he didn't then tomorrow whoever the cop is would have known I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post

Also, the typing could easily be put to cellphone usage. Hell, I did two humanities BA and I still make weird typos on cellphones and occasionally at a keyboard. So moot point.
    I'm using my phone right now. If I were owning up to my role in the game, why would I try to type differently? It's almost like you don't know how I write.

Consider this Scruff, if you knew that there is a witch whose goal was to survive everyone, then why didn't you share it sooner? You could have caused a rift in the witches. For someone who would win with humans that would have been a HUGE advantage to make the two witches not trust each other and for the Cynic not to reach out to the witches. If you were human aligned to win then it would have been to all the other HUMAN ALIGNED benefit for you to share right away.
    Fair point. I explained my reasoning earlier in the game, but I'll elaborate.

My Statement is the one hard evidence I can use in the game. I was hoping there might come a time where I could expose the Witch of Truth (which you admitted to being). Also, I was saving it for a trump card in case our backs were up against the wall as town. That isn't a Statement that the mafia could really dispute. If they did, they would immediately be outed as mafia.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

FFXIV Character

I mean can't be trusted in regards to Scruff saying my goal is to be sole survivor.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well okay then

I'm convinced Pumpkin isn't lying since her truth aligns well with mine and there would literally be no point to the Cynic if that statement wasn't true. And since Scruff came out as a Cynic anyway, there's no doubt that he'll come up as such in the game anyway.

The only thing I'm worried about at this point is whether the rest of the thing Bobby said are true. Sure, we'll know after Scruff is lynched by seeing if the game has ended or not, but what if he had some ability he's not telling us about that might allow him to turn this around before we get to lynch him on day 4 should the game not end with the Cynic's death?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

What, the, Scruff, is a Cynic supposed to be then if Pumpkin is lying about them (you) having the same goals as a witch?

We all know there is no Village Idiot Scruff, that was Nutty's lie. Also, people had a hard time believing it.
    I'm not so sure. Sure it's possible he lied, but I assume that all players in the game get a truth.

The problem is Pumpkin's truth says the Cynic wins with the witches, so you are now saying Pumpkin is lying. Sloppy.
    I gave a few possible explanations for how she could have gotten her Statement without her lying. However, it's true that it isn't accurate with my win condition.

I will give it to you that you may not know which witch your letter goes to, but my truth states clearly that the Cynic knows who the witches are and we do not know who you are. It is not my fault if you put your name in the bloody letter. You might not get to decide which of us received it but you do know who we are.
    Here you're straight up admitting to being mafia by staying "we" when referring to the mafia. Can the next Day start so we can lynch this fool already?

Also, basically Scruff's post confirmed the information I had already shared. So even if I can't be trusted, I have been consistently sharing information and trying to help the humans whereas Scruffy has been vague to the point of obtuse. Only roleclaimed because he knew if he didn't it would just be confirmed by the next day anyways. However it was a catch-22. If he claimed, he proved me right and if he didn't then tomorrow whoever the cop is would have known I am right.
    I roleclaimed because it's going to be the final nail in your coffin. I'll gladly expose my identity if it means outing mafia, even if it makes me susceptible to a town lynch.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

FFXIV Character

Scruff, no need to insult my intelligence through personal attacks. I merely speculated that maybe you accidentally made typos while in a rush. Like chillax.

That makes no sense since Pumpkin's truth confirms that you win with the witches. You can't spin that any other way, she's a human and she can't lie.

Scruff, no need to insult my intelligence through personal attacks. I merely speculated that maybe you accidentally made typos while in a rush. Like chillax.

That makes no sense since Pumpkin's truth confirms that you win with the witches. You can't spin that any other way, she's a human and she can't lie.
    That's not a personal attack. You flat out admitted you're mafia. That's a foolish thing to do.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Well okay then

I'm convinced Pumpkin isn't lying since her truth aligns well with mine and there would literally be no point to the Cynic if that statement wasn't true. And since Scruff came out as a Cynic anyway, there's no doubt that he'll come up as such in the game anyway.

The only thing I'm worried about at this point is whether the rest of the thing Bobby said are true. Sure, we'll know after Scruff is lynched by seeing if the game has ended or not, but what if he had some ability he's not telling us about that might allow him to turn this around before we get to lynch him on day 4 should the game not end with the Cynic's death?
    The only missing truth was Nutty's and that was about being two Pained. Unless Pumpkin is a Pained, then once Scruff is gone, we win. If Scruff is right, then you get rid of me.

I admitted to my ability and told you what it can do and offered it. You have until the end of the night to decide if you want to meet my terms. If not, then I assume you will all lynch me tomorrow and I will keep whatever I find out to myself.

I mean unless Scruff wants to share his ability with the rest of us and he can offer a better deal. Because if I am the only obstacle to your victory as he is claiming, then why doesn't he share his ability?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Except he said he was a witch at the start of the night? He's to mafia what you are to town. You're not really doing yourself any favors by trying to turn it around like this.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post

That's not a personal attack. You flat out admitted you're mafia. That's a foolish thing to do.
    Actually, I read that sentence as "...almost as if you don't know how to write" than "...almost as if you don't know hot I write". Okay, it is getting late. Sorry about that one.

Why I am admitting to being a witch is what I explained earlier. I need Nutty and you dead to win. Simple.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Well okay then

The only missing truth was Nutty's and that was about being two Pained. Unless Pumpkin is a Pained, then once Scruff is gone, we win. If Scruff is right, then you get rid of me.

I admitted to my ability and told you what it can do and offered it. You have until the end of the night to decide if you want to meet my terms. If not, then I assume you will all lynch me tomorrow and I will keep whatever I find out to myself.

I mean unless Scruff wants to share his ability with the rest of us and he can offer a better deal. Because if I am the only obstacle to your victory as he is claiming, then why doesn't he share his ability?
    See, I get what you mean and I sure as hell find your reasoning way more convincing than Scruff's, but why do you use your ability as leverage? You have the upper hand, Scruff will probably get lynched tomorrow, and that should be the end of the game if you're telling the truth. So why don't you just use your ability to benefit us all even if we can't all give you a guarantee that you won't be lynched tomorrow?

I don't really care anymore. Nutty got upset about Pumpkin and the Mognetting fiasco, so he decided to out himself and TSoL as mafia.

And now TSoL is trying to throw me under the bus when it's of no benefit for him to do so. He's going to die 100% because town has to lynch him in order to win. He's literally doing this out of sheer self-preservation.

I'm not really interested in getting thrown under the bus by a fellow mafia, especially after the game was already over after Nutty revealed who the mafia were.

I was doing my best to keep this game going and make things interesting, but apparently my efforts are futile.

Pull my Devil Trigger!