Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910142454 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    His post didn't suggest that he was assuming this was the case. His post seemed to indicate a certainty that the mafia can communicate with each other, and we have no evidence that this is the case.
    Two can play at that game. What makes you assume that witches CAN'T PM each other and don't know who each other are, when that's standard mafia practice? The only reason you'd have to NOT assume that is if you've been told otherwise.

If you were anyone else, I'd find you a bit suspicious by now, but I know this is how you operate, so it's cool. Lay this level of heat on everyone, so we can see who cracks.

Oooh, I'm all giddy with excitement. I was planning to be asleep by now, but it's Saturday night and a new mafia's started and I am BUZZZED!

So apologies if I get snappy, or have been snappy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I find it pretty amusing accusing others of being adamantly certain about ideas and theories when - and don't take this the wrong way - you're often pretty certain-sounding yourself.

Either way, it is still early days, and a few people haven't checked in yet, so we'll see what others have to think. As it stands, there seems to be two major points of discussion:

1) Should we reveal our purple truths, and who will reveal their purple truths?

2) Can Mafia communicate? Was Mr. Carny being suspiciously certain, or just a simple assumption perhaps spoken too forcefully?

Personally on 2) I'm leaning towards the latter, but at this point, it is still early days.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah let's not go on a witch hunt (hehe) just yet guys

Imma be honest, I just wanted to say that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Two can play at that game. What makes you assume that witches CAN'T PM each other and don't know who each other are, when that's standard mafia practice? The only reason you'd have to NOT assume that is if you've been told otherwise.

If you were anyone else, I'd find you a bit suspicious by now, but I know this is how you operate, so it's cool. Lay this level of heat on everyone, so we can see who cracks.
    Except I never assumed that the Witches can't PM each other. I also never assumed that they could. It was just something I happened to notice that was completely absent from the rules in the OP.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Drop your truths like they're hot, people! Let's see what you got.

Scruffy's making good points. Anyone who makes some kind of statement like I did SHOULD be put under suspicion. I did feel certain that the witches could PM each other and knew who each other were, but it was based on past experience of mafia games, not evidence.

And the absence of it in the OP could be noteworthy, just like Scruffy says. Karifean could be up to his tricks, me-thinks.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But gosh that would be hard though. Because if they can't communicate they can't coordinate their kills and there's a good chance that multiple witches will try to kill, which will result in failure, or that to be safe no one would kill which would also be a challenge? They'd kind of have to luck on to their strategies and make a lot of assumptions about the other witches

It could be trying to make it more challenging but that sounds super difficult

I trust Scruffy as much as I trust anyone at this point. He definitely seems committed to pointing out inconsistencies, which is what we need. Sometimes, though, people just say things without thinking them through. There isn't ALWAYS a big motive behind them.

Where are the rest of them players? LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED, MOTHERSMURFERS!!

I am WAAAAY too excited.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I apologise on behalf of him. I'll be sure to double his daily intake of sedative in the evening.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I was reading trying to decide if I should drop my truth. Really I was wondering if it would help us out or not. I decided it will in the end.
    One Human Player is the Village Idiot. This player will receive a night move but it will always backfire on them.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I will say that I think the witches can communicate. Can't imagine us waking up and seeing the witches off one another. However if they can't that would be fun to witness.