Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314182858 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Now you two have me wondering about day rolls.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They're not terribly common on EoFF. The most common day-role is the vigilante, who is usually x-shot and can choose to kill one person during the day phase by messaging the host.

You can read up more about them on the Mafia wiki if you're more interested. It might be worthwhile to know the sort of things that can happen during the day besides just talking and voting.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I am wondering about Carneys truth. It seems a little paraphrased.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow. 8 pages already? Really?!

And I just got up.

Now I need to catch up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

r u kidding me I gotta read all dis?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Here's mine:

If a Pained's identity or ability is revealed, their goal changes to wanting to survive alone and kill everyone else.
    Last edited by Laddy; 03-05-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

ALSO if there is going to be gore/blood in the results posts can it be put under a Spoiler? I'm not very good with blood/gore and I know the subject matter is so yeah. :/

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not trying to being whiny but I'd just like to ask please.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    The fact that you're pushing so hard to get statements out is similar to pushing for roleclaims
    Just to be clear, I'm not of the opinion that keeping your red statements to yourself means you're a witch. I just think that the net benefit of sharing them is greater for town than keeping them to ourselved. You disagree, and that's fine.

What I will say is that I think that keeping the red statements hidden is what Karifean wants us to do. He wants us to stay all in the dark and confused because that will make the game more interesting. I say we screw that noise and act unexpectedly. Power to the people!

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    I am kinda surprised that Carny is volunteering a tribute which makes me question his flavour. I mean it is true that it is an easy way to find out that Formy is lying or not. However, there are a few flaws. First, we do not know if there is a current Alchemist who has this role to decide since the rule was vague regarding that.

Which is why I said wait until someone is dead.

Second, there are 9 of us so impossible to have a tie unless someone doesn't vote or votes a third way.
    Didn't think of that, but easily solved: wait until there an even number of players. Alternatively, I volunteer to abstain. Still need to wait until someone's dead, though.
    Third, this can easily result in a lockdown after the 24 hour mark if the third/abstain vote switches sides.
    If someone switches after a concensus of us have agreed to a draw vote, then they're probably a witch, so swe learn something valuable even so.
    So this is a really bad idea which either makes me think it wasn't thought through
    I have totally thought this through. I'm not saying we have to do it, but if we feel that it becomes necessary to test Formy's truth, I'm willing to be the one to put my neck on the line

Seems like a bad idea, unless you wanted to bait a witch too while you are at it so if someone decides to break the tie since we are odd that would point to them being a witch.
    Exactly, someone switching their vote to stop a draw would point to them being a witch, and we'd know something new. Also, we'd know for sure whether Formy's red statement was true or not. If it's not true, he's a witch. If it is true he COULD be a witch, but at least we know a valuable rule.

Again, not saying we have to do this, just that we can. I realise that this isn't a normal strategy, but this isn't a normal mafia game. Yes, I might end up dead if we go through with this idea, but I'm thinking strategically here: town can still win whether I personally am alive or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    I am wondering about Carneys truth. It seems a little paraphrased.
    It's word for word. Sorry it's so vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Here's mine:

If a Pained's identity or ability is revealed, their goal changes to wanting to survive alone and kill everyone else.
    Yay, more truths! Even if there were three witches and all of them gave a false statement, that would mean that at least two of the truths we know now MUST be correct.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    What I will say is that I think that keeping the red statements hidden is what Karifean wants us to do. He wants us to stay all in the dark and confused because that will make the game more interesting. I say we screw that noise and act unexpectedly. Power to the people!

Hoh? You believe to know what my piece is trying to achieve in this game?
    Well now. This kind of game is interesting as well. *giggle*

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Rereading the first post, I'm pretty sure that narrative write up isn't the same thing as the hidden rules/red rules. Therefore, if there are 3 people who can mess with how Karifean does his write ups the language is vague enough that we don't know if they're human or witch either. So saying there are three witches seems to be a suspicious conclusion since the evidence is circumstantial at best and open to interpretation. Moreover, Karifean is careful enough when writing that he wouldn't mix the two up (narrative and hidden rules) unless he was purposefully trying to obfuscate.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

This would mean that Karifean is possibly an unreliable narrator if people can mess with his writeups.

True. Also true that people who can mess with the write-ups might not necessarily be witches, hadn't really thought of that.