Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28384243444546474849505152535458 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I lost track of whose is whose regarding those. Pumpkin was the Cynic one? Oh yeah Formy was the Pained.

FFXIV Character

Who's is who's*?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pumpkin said there was a Cynic and what their goal is. Then my truth was about the note-passing

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    And there is a purple statement that says the Cynic can send a note to the witches at half time. Go see Fynn's truth, he can back me up here.
    I agree that his statement is true. We've seen the letter be passed. Your point?

You mean the part where you can lie about your purple statement?
    Like I said, we can easily put my Statement to the test. Whether we lynch you or me, it makes no difference. You'll be lynched either way because you're definitely mafia.

Yeah but you sent Nutty that letter on Day One. Sounds like you are the one scrabbling. Even if I was lying, it would be their best lead, wouldn't it? I am their best chance at finding the Cynic. Also, even if I get lynched tomorrow they are after you next.
    Genuinely confused by what you mean. I outed your win condition as killing all townies, and in response you accuse me of being the Cynic. Seems like retaliation which is something mafia loves to do.

And I found the letter Nutty c&p'd me!

Scruffington Here. I'm the third witch.

Pumkin in kind of exposed my role, which is somewhat problematic for me. I will 100% turn up as cynical Human aligned on Cop investigations, but I am going to attempt to use the 'having athe goal of the witch-aligned player to be false.

Im going to use this stragity against Pumkin at some point in order to get her lynched. I can't do it today as it is to risky and she would be revealed as town. But if I do it day two then the total townies will be down 3. (Assuming both kills go through).
    [/QUOTE]

Lmao. Look at all of those basic writing mistakes. When have I ever wrote something like that? I'm a former English major for Christ's sake.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So Scruff, if I recall correctly, earlier in the thread you mentioned how you knew someone was a liar because of your truth or something to that effect. Now that you've revealed your truth, could you elaborate on what you meant?

FFXIV Character

Actually, Karifean pointed out during the game that if you get lynched (or nightkill?) it will only reveal if you are human or witch. That was way back.

Also, the typing could easily be put to cellphone usage. Hell, I did two humanities BA and I still make weird typos on cellphones and occasionally at a keyboard. So moot point.

Consider this Scruff, if you knew that there is a witch whose goal was to survive everyone, then why didn't you share it sooner? You could have caused a rift in the witches. For someone who would win with humans that would have been a HUGE advantage to make the two witches not trust each other and for the Cynic not to reach out to the witches. If you were human aligned to win then it would have been to all the other HUMAN ALIGNED benefit for you to share right away.

Also, we don't need a lynch to prove me right. If we have a cop they could just investigate you. If my letter is right, you will come up cynical human aligned. *blows kiss*

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin has a point, the only known liar you would have know, given that your truth is apparently only connected to Quin's, would have been mine regarding witches. The only way you would have known that is if you were the Cynic.

*drops mic*

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's actually less of a gamble to target Scruff now, tbh.

If Bobby is telling the truth and Scruff's the Cynic and Bobby's the reverse Cynic, so to speak, then we should immediately win the game right after Scruff gets lynched. If the game doesn't end, that means Bobby's lying and we can get him on the next day.

If we follow Scruff's advice, we kill Bobby and he flips witch, but the game won't end yet, since there's still a Cynic to deal with. Granted, Scruff will then get lynched on the next day, so we would have no way of preventing more any more deaths after the one potentially happening tonight.

Tl;dr: if we listen to Bobby, we might win on Day 3, if we listen to Scruff, we won't win sooner than Day 4

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Him saying one of the truths is false kind of fits into the whole "I'll try to frame Pumpkin" thing that was in the note

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    It's actually less of a gamble to target Scruff now, tbh.

If Bobby is telling the truth and Scruff's the Cynic and Bobby's the reverse Cynic, so to speak, then we should immediately win the game right after Scruff gets lynched. If the game doesn't end, that means Bobby's lying and we can get him on the next day.

If we follow Scruff's advice, we kill Bobby and he flips witch, but the game won't end yet, since there's still a Cynic to deal with. Granted, Scruff will then get lynched on the next day, so we would have no way of preventing more any more deaths after the one potentially happening tonight.

Tl;dr: if we listen to Bobby, we might win on Day 3, if we listen to Scruff, we won't win sooner than Day 4
    And everyone, here is a man of reason.

Also, like I suggested. If my information is right, whoever the cop is could investigate Scruff tonight.

FFXIV Character

Also, note I am offering the use of my ability and sharing any information I get at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    So Scruff, if I recall correctly, earlier in the thread you mentioned how you knew someone was a liar because of your truth or something to that effect. Now that you've revealed your truth, could you elaborate on what you meant?
    It actually pertains to TSoL's Statement.

This will all become very clear after I reveal my identity: I am the Cynic - Human Aligned.

However, I want to clear up a few misconceptions about my role:

1. I am able to send a PM to a Witch member. This corroborates with Fynn's Statement.
    2. I do not know who receives it. This contradicts TSoL's Statement (which I was referring to earlier).
    3. I do not have the goal of a 'Witch Aligned Player'. This contradicts your Statement.

I'm unsure what your statement suggests. I'm not the Pained and my win condition doesn't change. There's a few possibilities with your role. Perhaps you're the Village Idiot. Maybe you're lying and a Witch. Or there's a Witch that has planted a false truth in the game. I'm not sure what this means yet.

The way my PM works is I send a message to Karifean that I want the mafia to read. It's somewhat like the Jailer where the prisoner doesn't know who they're talking to. I don't know who received the PM, but I can confirm those were not the contents of it.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah my statement was pasted verbatim so that's a bit strange. If your end goal is not the same as the witches, then why have the cynic role at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Yeah my statement was pasted verbatim so that's a bit strange. If your end goal is not the same as the witches, then why have the cynic role at all?
    Probably because of my ability. I don't particularly want to reveal what it is, but I'd have to have some sort of handicap because of it.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

FFXIV Character

We all know there is no Village Idiot Scruff, that was Nutty's lie. Also, people had a hard time believing it.

The problem is Pumpkin's truth says the Cynic wins with the witches, so you are now saying Pumpkin is lying. Sloppy.

I will give it to you that you may not know which witch your letter goes to, but my truth states clearly that the Cynic knows who the witches are and we do not know who you are. It is not my fault if you put your name in the bloody letter. You might not get to decide which of us received it but you do know who we are.