Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 43444484950515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Game Thread - Banquet of the Voyager Witches

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Or there is a Pained triggered, either through Fynn's ability or Pumpkin.

There are two Pained folks!

But who hasn't voted, though?

Is there anyone left who hasn't voted?

Articles
    Blog Entries

You mean Pumpkin?

Thank you, Karifean!

Articles
    Blog Entries

The day had barely begun, and everyone was already pointing at the blue-haired girl. In response, she just yawned and pointed at herself. This fragment was already far beyond saving. She'd find another one to entertain herself.

Scruffington has been lynched, they were Bernkastel, Human Aligned Witch of Miracles.

Finally, everyone went back to sleep. Everything was still going well... right?

Final Vote Tally

Scruffington - 6

Nighttime Phase 3

You have 24 hours to send me a Night Action PM. If I get all of them before the 24 hours are up and nobody mentions that they'd like more time to potentially reconsiders, the phase may end early.

Umineko OST - Solitary Deep Sea Fish

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Welp, there we go. Game isn't over yet. I say we lynch Bobby next, considering he confessed to being a witch. Assuming I don't get killed, I'll try to see if I can find the other witch during night time

FFXIV Character

Or a Pained been activated.

Is there anyone else who we expect might be witches/Pained?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, if it turns out Scruffington was the cynic, then him flipping Town is expected.

Lynching TSoL is the obvious choice, I imagine, but it doesn't really tell us much in the reveal. He'll flip Witch. What a surprise. The main advantage though is that we have some time, so even if lynching TSoL turns out to be a mistake, we still have time. I think.

I don't know. This game is crazy.

I think you're right. TSOL's gotta go. Next day, I'm voting for him straight off the bat.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't worry. Scruff was the Cynic (if you don't take my word for it, there's always his own), so even if Bobby lied, we're one more step towards winning.

FFXIV Character

You are all assuming my win condition is different from yours and it isn't. I'm calling Pained shenanigans.

Formy is right there is nothing to learn from lynching me. You won't win from it. I've been telling you guys this all along. :/

Who to Deduce tonight?

FFXIV Character

Also there are two Pained players and only two people have revealed their roles. If Fynn and Pumpkin are not pained, then one more roleclaim is possible without triggering a Pained.

Also, I wonder if someone admits to being a Pained but doesn't reveal their role or ability would that trigger it?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what to think of the Pained, to be honest. I genuinely believe that people would be informed they are the Pained if they had that label, because it would be so hard otherwise to prevent a Pained activating if they didn't know it themselves. I could be wrong, but that would make the game so much harder. Too hard, I think.

Still don't think Pumpkin is likely to be the Pained, assuming that Pained people have full knowledge of their status. She was the first to roleclaim, was under no real pressure, and only roleclaimed because Nutty was suspicious of her. If anything, I'd be more suspicious of someone who roleclaimed second, slipping in under the radar. I'm also slightly more inclined to believe Pumpkin because she fully roleclaimed. If she wanted to self-activate, she could just name her ability and give one or two vague characteristics of it. Instead, she said everything about it.

Of course, all of this she could've done as the Pained, knowing I would be less suspicious because she was open, honest, and it would be stupid to be third-party at the start of the game. But then all of that is Wine in Front of Me, and I could spend hours going back and forth "but that's what she wanted me to think". I've come to make at least a somewhat firm idea, and I don't think she's Pained. If she is, she is one hell of a player, and she doesn't give herself enough credit.

Of course, who might the Pained be? Difficulty is if you start naming candidates you're in danger of triggering them. I will say I suspect Mr. Carny but I have no real proof other than the fact he's been on the sidelines of discussion, but who knows. He very well might not be. And if he isn't activated, then let's not poke the bear. Also suspicious of Fynn, but again I have no strong basis.

At this point, we most likely have at least one Pained active, as the game has continued. Not sure if both are active. One thing I'm curious about is why there has been no night kills at all so far. Night One, sure, mass-protection. Night Two? What happened?