Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

Thread: EoFF Mafia XXVIII Discussion Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

And with that I'll also return to my old theme. It was fun being Featherine for a while, but Black Battler still feels the most like me =P

Finally, as a thanks to people playing this game, I have a little gift for y'all on Steam. If you haven't added me on Steam yet, feel free to do so, I'll be waiting on you guys~

Edit: On second look, none of y'all have accepted my friend requests yet. Fine then, see if I care >_>

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    My plan was always to betray Nutty and Scruff just happened sooner than later. Giving up the Cynic was the only way I could spin it with a chance to win.
    You were already outed as mafia in multiple ways though. Nutty outed you, you outed yourself, I posted my Red Truth, and then you directly confirmed you were mafia by stating that you've seen the PM (which only a Witch can receive).

So I was always meant to betray. My hand moved a bit faster than I would have liked but what I did seemed my only viable move to my win. A witch victory wouldn't have been a victory for me. So I was never on anyone's side but my own. I was essentially Pained witch already activated, not a reverse Cynic.
    Yeah you were meant to betray, but offing another mafia when there are still 5 townies left in the game is a pretty bad decision. You did it to buy yourself an extra day in a game that you were inevitably going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I think TSoL did really well at defending himself after FFNut got offed. The game wasn't as over as I thought it was
    Nutty put him in an unfortunate position (and one that town should not have trusted him from considering he was outed as mafia by Nutty). He also incriminated himself in multiple ways and a few pieces of evidence against him.

Anyways, thanks again for hosting Karifean. Not sure if my game will have quite the same flavor in write-ups as yours, but I'll see if I can learn a thing or two from you. :P

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well I'm not that good of an investigator

Srs I had a ton of fun thank you everyone

Articles
    Blog Entries

In case anyone is interested, here were some of my drafts for the unused identities' abilities.

• Convince - Nighttime Ability - 2 Targets - Changes target 1's night target to target 2.
    • Judge - Nighttime Ability - Any number of targets - If any of your targets uses an elimination move this night, you will be informed of it. You will not be told which of your targets used it.
    • Repeat - Nighttime Ability - 2 Targets - Uses the ability of target 1 on target 2. Fails if target 1's ability does not require a single target. Copies the innate ability, not the witches' Kill.
    • Expose - Daytime (Pre-Halftime) Ability - 1 Target - Publicly posts the target player's identity at Halftime.
    • Coerce - Daytime (Pre-Halftime) Ability, Single Use - No Targets - Ends the Daytime Phase at Halftime immediately.
    • Glare - Daytime Ability - 1 Target + Vote - Overrides the target's vote with whatever you want to.

The others were pretty much just misleading names for Track, Watch, etc.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm still your Steam friend, Karifean!

Had great fun with this! The statements were seriously interesting and everyone having abilities and stuff like the Pained and the Cynic really made this something exceptional. However, I do kind of think the witches having a betrayer role in their ranks kind of skewed the game in our favor - it's hard to believe, but we actually had a perfect game, with Quin being the only townie dead and that was a modkill.

Like I said, Bobby, you tried Of course, it would've been ideal if you could keep the Cynic around for longer, but in your circumstances, with everyone basically KNOWING you're a witch by the time they executed FFNut, you really did a great job of turning it around - I actually believed your version of the Witch of Truth's true purpose, and you really made me think that maybe the Pained actually was activated. But once I checked Pumpkin, all my doubts were erased.