Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to be in love with a fictional character? (Read below)

Not really. Some day I'd like to meet a girl like Tifa, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    Not really. Some day I'd like to meet a girl like Tifa, but I doubt it will ever happen.
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If it is, my love for Aymeric de Borel is a dirty, dirty thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    If it is, my love for Aymeric de Borel is a dirty, dirty thing.
    Naughty girl.

But I am over it now since it came true. It was really in plain sight.

Banned

Katyuska Moonfox is basically Tifa in real life:

tifa.jpg

Also, speaking of Tifa, I have always felt that her personality in the game is a bit overlooked because a lot of people consider her eye candy.
    And well yes, she obviously is eye candy, but she also seems to have a great personality as well.
    Also, she never tries to "act sexy" in that embarrassing self-conscious way that some "hot" characters do - there is not a single scene in the whole game where she comes off as cheap.
    The closest she comes to appearing cheap is when she is one of Don Corneo's "picks", but apparently she was only there to get some kind of information from Don Corneo himself;
    although sometimes it's hard to tell what the hell the characters are saying, since the translation is kinda terrible.
    Last edited by Peter1986; 03-24-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1986 View Post
    Katyuska Moonfox is basically Tifa in real life:

tifa.jpg

Also, speaking of Tifa, I have always felt that her personality in the game is a bit overlooked because a lot of people consider her eye candy.
    And well yes, she obviously is eye candy, but she also seems to have a great personality as well.
    Also, she never tries to "act sexy" in that embarrassing self-conscious way that some "hot" characters do - there is not a single scene in the whole game where she comes off as cheap.
    The closest she comes to appearing cheap is when she is one of Don Corneo's "picks", but apparently she was only there to get some kind of information from Don Corneo himself;
    although sometimes it's hard to tell what the hell the characters are saying, since the translation is kinda terrible.
    She doesn't look that much like Tifa to me, mate. Looks like an AV star

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

She looks like a brunette in a tank top(i guess?) and mini skirt to me.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Banned

...so despite the fact that she has pretty much the exactly same clothes, a very similar hairstyle, and even fairly similar body proportions and is a highly appreciated cosplayer in general she still "doesn't look that much like Tifa"?

Interesting.

In that case it must be her face features that you find somewhat different, because everything else about her is definitely extremely well prepared.
    You would immediately recognise which character she was cosplaying as even if I never told you the name of the character.
    Last edited by Peter1986; 03-26-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1986 View Post
    ...so despite the fact that she has pretty much the exactly same clothes, a very similar hairstyle, and even fairly similar body proportions and is a highly appreciated cosplayer in general she still "doesn't look that much like Tifa"?

Interesting.

In that case it must be her face features that you find somewhat different, because everything else about her is definitely extremely well prepared.
    You would immediately recognise which character she was cosplaying as even if I never told you the name of the character.
    Yeah the features are different.

Tifa-ffvii-field.png
    Hmm, you're right, this doesn't look much like that girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Tifa-ffvii-field.png
    Hmm, you're right, this doesn't look much like that girl.
    I think Ayumi Ito is a good fit for Tifa, appearance wise. At least she could do AC Tifa good.

Banned

To be honest, I highly doubt that anyone who has played FF7 or is even remotely aware of that game would be unable to tell that the girl in my image was supposed to be Tifa.

Let's just say that she looks way more like Tifa than any other female FF character, I mean, that's quite obvious really.
    She had specifically designed those clothes to look like Tifa's clothes, and she frequently receives compliments for being such a talented cosplayer.

So yeah, you would easily recognise her as Tifa in that image, without a doubt.
    I know I did when I was checking out cosplayer images a while ago and saw that image, I was immediately like "yeah, obviously Tifa".
    Last edited by Peter1986; 03-26-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Dude, you're comparing an anime character to real woman.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    Dude, you're comparing an anime character to real woman.
    Yep, I usually don't expect real humans to look exactly like animated characters down to subatomic precision.

But anyway...

I used to be mutually interested in a girl from my school days who was very similar to Rinoa from "Final Fantasy 8" in many ways.
    The look quite similar (except this girl has a Scandinavian look instead of Rinoa's Japanese look - it's a bit hard to explain, but they really do look similar despite being different ethnicities) and she also had the same playful personality as Rinoa.
    The ballroom dance scene is more or less how she would behave during more laidback moments - maybe not that forward, but something like that.
    I remember she once stopped me in the school corridors by standing in my way and started asking random questions and giggling at everything I said.
    I can see a lot of her in Rinoa actually, so that's probably the closest I have come to being "in love" with a video game character.

Another video game character who kind of resembles this girl is Joy from "Shenmue 2".
    She is probably more similar in looks, whereas Rinoa is a bit more similar in personality (except Rinoa seems slightly more immature than the girl I know in real life).
    But both of them are similar to her in many ways.
    Last edited by Peter1986; 03-26-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Look similar? Is this girl a Bjork Scando?