Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to be in love with a fictional character? (Read below)

Default Is it wrong to be in love with a fictional character? (Read below)

I made my dream goal a long time to find a woman like Rinoa. Is it wrong to feel this way?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

No. I am in love with Strago from Final Fantasy VI and I am unable to sleep if I am not cuddling my husbando body pillow.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart Loire View Post
    a woman like Rinoa
    That's the critical part I think. As long as it doesn't "have to be Rinoa herself" I don't see a problem.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    No. I am in love with Strago from Final Fantasy VI and I am unable to sleep if I am not cuddling my husbando body pillow.
    This but with a different character and unironically, i.e. i actually own a body pillow of my fave.

Everyone who doesn't should step it up.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It's Zevran, isn't it?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

It's Zevran, isn't it?
    No. But I wouldn't mind one of those too, honestly.

It's everyone's favorite mage who blows trout up.

tumblr_om92h1TdBF1ulgolmo1_500.jpg

Come at me, my husbando and I can take ya'll

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So if you have any questions about the cuckold lifestyle I'm here to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    a woman like Rinoa
    That's the critical part I think. As long as it doesn't "have to be Rinoa herself" I don't see a problem.
    Well, it doesn't have to be like the guy in Japan who married his Waifu..

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    It's Zevran, isn't it?
    No. But I wouldn't mind one of those too, honestly.

It's everyone's favorite mage who blows trout up.

tumblr_om92h1TdBF1ulgolmo1_500.jpg

Come at me, my husbando and I can take ya'll
    Who is that?

Glad to see I am not the only daki owner here! Mine is Kagami from Lucky Star and she keeps my cold cold heart warm at night.

In terms of the OP question - I think it's impossible for such a thing to be 'wrong.' OK, your fictional love can't consent, but they also don't exist so you can't hurt them in anyway. Here's an example: how many religions are there in the world? I'd say it's pretty unlikely that they're all correct, therefore anyone following one of those not-correct religion who 'loves God' loves a fictional character.

It's far more dangerous to love your ex than a game character, I promise you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Glad to see I am not the only daki owner here! Mine is Kagami from Lucky Star and she keeps my cold cold heart warm at night.

In terms of the OP question - I think it's impossible for such a thing to be 'wrong.' OK, your fictional love can't consent, but they also don't exist so you can't hurt them in anyway. Here's an example: how many religions are there in the world? I'd say it's pretty unlikely that they're all correct, therefore anyone following one of those not-correct religion who 'loves God' loves a fictional character.

It's far more dangerous to love your ex than a game character, I promise you that.
    I just want a woman who is at least 95% similar to her. In appearance, personality, and some background information as well such as name. She doesn't have to be a virtual copy of her. I have tried studying the Law of Attraction but it seems like BS, especially to someone like me who is anti-spiritual.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just want a woman who is at least 95% similar to her. In appearance, personality, and some background information as well such as name. She doesn't have to be a virtual copy of her. I have tried studying the Law of Attraction but it seems like BS, especially to someone like me who is anti-spiritual.
    It's not wrong to want that, but it's unreasonable to expect it in any realistic way. Such a person, more than likely, doesn't exist and if they did the odds of finding her would be slim at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post

It's not wrong to want that, but it's unreasonable to expect it in any realistic way. Such a person, more than likely, doesn't exist and if they did the odds of finding her would be slim at best.
    It's best to try. I just don't know how to try.
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

As longs as you don't take it too obsessively, don't see anything wrong with it imo. Had a massive crush on Vincent Valentine when was younger imafo, so can't really judge anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    So if you have any questions about the cuckold lifestyle I'm here to answer.
    Everyone knows Anders is gay though.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    As longs as you don't take it too obsessively, don't see anything wrong with it imo. Had a massive crush on Vincent Valentine when was younger imafo, so can't really judge anyways.
    It's just a matter of wanting a woman similar to Rinoa in the real world, that's all. And yeah, she may just be the glorified perfection fantasy woman out of a Japanese dude's head(she was based off Nomura's friend though) but I am sure it's possible to find a woman with similar qualities if you break it down.
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.