Thread: Torment: Tides of Numenera

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Torment: Tides of Numenera

Who's played this game yet?? It's so amazing.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm so disappointed in myself because I was 100% sure I kickstarted this but then it released and apparently I'd forgotten so I don't have it I want it so bad but I'm trying to save money. Aaauuugh.

I have it but I have so much else to play at the moment! It's gonna take a while to get around to it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It definitely feels like a Torment game. It's not quite as good as Planescape yet (what is?) but it really did help me grow to appreciate the Ninth World as a setting at Numenera as a system when I previously held little interest in them. The combat is incredibly dull but I've only fought like two or three times in my first 10 hours of playtime which is better than I can say for the original.

My only complaints are the bugs, some of the dialogue and text trying a bit too hard to be flavor that it goes over my head, a few of the Tides seem to be way more prominent and reasonable as options than others even when it seems arbitrarily assigned, and the load and travel times being annoying. Still a great game and highly recommended if you want a more philosophical, detail-oriented, and cerebral RPG experience.

I bought it (twice in fact, since I also wanted the console version), but I've yet to play it. I intend to, but between work and not entirely ignoring my girlfriend, I only give myself enough time to enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn at the moment. It released at an awkward time, with Zelda, Nier, Horizon, and soon Mass Effect to contend with. But I'm happy to support the developers, and I'll definitely get around to it, probably this summer