Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Dirge of Cerberus Worth Playing?

Default Is Dirge of Cerberus Worth Playing?

Just like the title says. Is it worth playing? I've seen very mixed reviews about it. Some say it's good, some say it's horrible. Is it worth playing just to complete the compilation?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I have heard some terrible things about it myself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's a pretty fun game. Not much beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    It is the stupidest FF in existence
    But you also think Kefka is a well written character.

Seriously, Lyndis. Just play it. Or let me tell you what it is about.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

There was nothing memorable about this game at all.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by pudgy bird View Post
    Other than Lucrecia's sheer, unspeakable idiocy

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by pudgy bird View Post
    Other than Lucrecia's sheer, unspeakable idiocy
    I barely even remember her to be honest xD you know, I'm not even sure I got around to completing this. All I remember is disappointment xD
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you want my opinion, Lyndis, it's hot garbage. But everyone likes a little bit of hot garbage once in a while If you have the means to play it for free, go for it and make your own opinion about it. If you can't get it free or really, really cheap, I'd give it a skip

Articles

FFXIV Character

If you want my opinion, Lyndis, it's hot garbage. But everyone likes a little bit of hot garbage once in a while If you have the means to play it for free, go for it and make your own opinion about it. If you can't get it free or really, really cheap, I'd give it a skip
    I whoreheartedly concur!

It lets you know that Vincent was the true badass of Final Fantasy VII.
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

No.

• Bad gameplay
    • confuses the FF VII story even more
    • Turns Vincent from a enigmatic almost poetic character into " LU- CRE-CIAAAAAAAAAAA " !!!!

As someone who played it, beat it, and enjoyed it... I cannot recommend it.

It really is not a well designed game. There are a host of terrible design decisions in the gameplay that largely cripple it. Mostly it was a multi-week grinding session that got me to the position where I found it fun.

The story is bonkers. The characters are wacky, and a huge example of Your Mileage May Vary. The combat is a mess. Jumping is incredibly awkward (fortunately it is rarely required).

I don't really recommend it. The technical gameplay issues are too high to make it enjoyably bad, unless you are prepared work around them (which takes a while).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

It is really impressive how Crisis Core and Advent Children as well as FFVII and FFVIIRemake are all written by Nojima-san but Dirge of Cerberus was written by the director of World of FF, Chiba-san.

Summary for Lyndis:

(SPOILER)In Final Fantasy VII Hojo secretly planned to become god-like by becoming one with the Lifestream - so he did not just want to strengthen Sephiroth with the Sister Ray but actually also profit from the Lifestreams power. Hojo took those Jenova cells because he wanted to prepare his body but those cells influenced his body and mind. When Hojo was about to die he could not accept that he would die and still wanted to become one with "Omega". So he virtualized his consciousness and awoke as virtual entity again. With this he could exist without the body he lost but he still needed a solid body for his plan. He thought of Deepground a place below Midgar and took control of Weiss' body of the Tsviets. He then commanded Deepground to kidnap a lot of people so they could be sacrificed and the planet would be fooled to summon Omega - because when the planet is about to die normally Chaos awakens, ends all life so the planet's energy can gather as one and Omega can manifest to fly to the next thing that is supposed to be born as planet. Vincent in the end realizes that it is Hojo but actually Hojo himself gets destroyed because Weiss brother Nero tainted his body so Vincent has to fight Weiss in the end, who has become connected to Omega. Vincent has to use the power of Chaos that he controls with the Proto Materia and manages to beat Weiss before Omega kills the planet.

Meanwhile we get to know that Lucrecia was depressed from Grimoire's death, Vincent's father. He saved her life from the Chaos genes attacking her but died in this process. This made her mind so fragile that she also agreed to join Hojo iN Jenova Project S.

When Dirge of Cerberus ends, Genesis awakens and takes Weiss with him.

This is a very short version of the story.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 03-09-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks for the summary Sephiroth! I kind of want to play it now just to see how weird it is for myself. I'll probably do what Fynn suggested and get it for really cheap somewhere.