Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Dirge of Cerberus Worth Playing?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndis Highwind View Post
    Thanks for the summary Sephiroth! I kind of want to play it now just to see how weird it is for myself. I'll probably do what Fynn suggested and get it for really cheap somewhere.
    Yeah, I picked it up for really cheap. I just haven't gotten round to playing it yet. Maybe when I've finished Andromeda I'll give it a whirl too.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    No.

• Bad gameplay
    • confuses the FF VII story even more
    • Turns Vincent from a enigmatic almost poetic character into " LU- CRE-CIAAAAAAAAAAA " !!!!
    That last cry combined with your signature made me picture Lucrecia as having a hot ass.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's in the Compilation so hard no.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

its more linear than ffxiii
    and less fun
    but the yuffie cutscenes were fun

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    its more linear than ffxiii
    and less fun
    but the yuffie cutscenes were fun
    Dirge of Cerberus had tons of optionals so no.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've owned it since I was a kid and have tried to play through it countless times. I always get painfully bored and hit my breaking point a couple hours in. My brother beat the entirety of it somehow, from what I saw the game does not seem to improve at all.

It's garbage. What really sucks is normally I love bad games, half my collection is made up of cheap garbage games I find hilarious and Im always hunting down more cheesy nonsense. This game is sadly the kind of bad thats a chore to deal with. The gameplay leaves a lot to be desired, the color palette is murky and uninteresting and the characters are very not good. The only recommendation I can give is to avoid it and play something actually worth your time.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It has arguably the dumbest story of anything Final Fantasy related, barring maybe the blitzbomb melodrama from X-2.5.

If you want a real laugh, check out The Dark Id's Let's Play of the game. Advent Children and Crisis Core sucked too, but probably not as laughably awful as Dirge of Cerberus.

Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    It has arguably the dumbest story of anything Final Fantasy related, barring maybe the blitzbomb melodrama from X-2.5.

If you want a real laugh, check out The Dark Id's Let's Play of the game. Advent Children and Crisis Core sucked too, but probably not as laughably awful as Dirge of Cerberus.
    Because the Let's Play of a random internet guy is always a valid reference.

yeah, there's a reason i'm opposed to watching those things if you hadn't played the game yourself first... it's better to form your own opinion before checking out someone else's, lest their opinion color your own and ruin what you might have previously enjoyed had you not been subconsciously influenced by someone else's opinion first...

Fair enough, but I actually did play the game. Never finished though, but from the few hours I've sunk into it the general consensus was spot on. I just thought I'd share it because it's the only thing of worth to come from the game.

yeah there were many things about that game i didn't like either, it's in serious need of a remester to fix many of those problems... for example invisible walls over railings and chest-high barriers have got to go... the first time Vincent was killed in Kalm, North Side (that little town square with a small tower in the middle) because Vincent couldn't jump off the top of the little tower or over the railing was a real put-off for me... it's little things like that that bothered me, but there was more i liked from the game too, from it's story to its occasional humor to it's visual style and atmosphere... if i let all the little things bother me, instead of adjusting, i doubt there'd be a single game i'd want to play...
    to me the game was good, not great or a masterpiece, but good... i really need to replay it, but not on my PS2 this time, rather on PSX2 with the resolution set to 4x... i really hate how limited the physical PS2s video output is and the fact it's locked there on the machine, it does the games no justice visually...

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    yeah there were many things about that game i didn't like either, it's in serious need of a remester to fix many of those problems... for example invisible walls over railings and chest-high barriers have got to go... the first time Vincent was killed in Kalm, North Side (that little town square with a small tower in the middle) because Vincent couldn't jump off the top of the little tower or over the railing was a real put-off for me... it's little things like that that bothered me, but there was more i liked from the game too, from it's story to its occasional humor to it's visual style and atmosphere... if i let all the little things bother me, instead of adjusting, i doubt there'd be a single game i'd want to play...
    to me the game was good, not great or a masterpiece, but good... i really need to replay it, but not on my PS2 this time, rather on PSX2 with the resolution set to 4x... i really hate how limited the physical PS2s video output is and the fact it's locked there on the machine, it does the games no justice visually...
    Considering Bayonetta and Nier 2 had fantastic Action Elements I think Square should have collaborated with Platinum Games for DoC. Also the script should not have been by Chiba-san alone (but I loved it nonetheless) but by Nojima-san & Chiba-san.

I really didn't enjoy playing Dirge of Cerberus, it just wasn't fun to me.

BUTTTTT, the story line of it and how Vincent was better understood as a character after I beat it as a huge help and enlightened me on FF knowledge I had no idea about after I played through the main FFVII game years before. Glad I played it, but probably will never pick it up again. I'm not a shooter RPG kinda gamer.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana