Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Collector & Limited Editions & WoFF news

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndis Highwind View Post
    The Judge Magister busts remind me of chess pieces. A Final Fantasy XII edition of chess would be neat!
    Yeees, that would be perfect!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I quite like those Judge Magister busts tbh. I expect the final version will be crummy plastic, but if they were metal I might seriously consider dropping the money on a Stupid Edition.
    For that money, they'd better not be plastic!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

For that money I'd say there's no way they aren't plastic.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

What exactly is in the steelbook? A guide? Seeing updates like this only refreshes my excitement for the game.

Pre-ordered this the second I heard it was available. This is the first FF release I've been excited for in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    What exactly is in the steelbook? A guide? Seeing updates like this only refreshes my excitement for the game.
    I think the "steelbook" is simply the game case. It look similar to the steel case for the collector's edition for when XII first came out.

I would imagine that it's been used for other FF's since as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, a steelbook is basically the game case but with fancy metal. Mr. Carny has one for ME: 2, with the collector's edition. They are a nice touch, but they can look awkard in a video game shelf, especially if they're bulky.

Apparently it is Steelbook® though. Wasn't aware Steelbook was a brand name as opposed to a general term.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

rant/ranton

Have to say I'm finding it difficult to vouch for SE as a company these days, as much as I love the FF franchise. Their marketing department just seems to have no respect for consumers anymore.

€199.99 for a CE of a HD Remaster is just ridiculous. I found the €129.99 tag for Heavensward to be at the upper edge of acceptability. The statue that came with HW was a troutty piece of plastic.

I sunk money into the FFXV UCE because I knew the quality of Play-Arts Kai figurines, and thought the price was reasonable including the rest of the contents and limited print run. Even then they pulled a bunch of retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses, so despite sinking a metric smurf ton of cash on a UCE, I still don't have access to all the "content" they made for FFXV - but whatever, I'll deal with it.

This one, however. Sorry, you're having a laugh SE and you're not taking me for a ride with it. We have no indicator of the quality of those busts, and a set of art cards is hardly expensive to produce. Also no indicator of how limited a print run it is, I remember the XIII-2 CE they charged a fortune for at release, which they also overprinted to oblivion - so it's practically valueless these days.

Much like Stormblood (which they also hiked up to €199.99, and that includes a statue - which could be trout quality again, a reprint of the 1.0 CE map, a ... sticker... lol), I'll just be opting for the standard edition of FFXII HD.

Honestly just look at Overwatch for a decent quality, reasonably priced, CE. €199.99 is also more than the Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition and the Mass Effect Andromeda CEs.

I've said it a few times, but SE really seems to be going the dark path that EA went down in the late 1990s/early 2000s that destroyed their brand image for several years.

/rantoff

Can't wait to play the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    rant/ranton

Have to say I'm finding it difficult to vouch for SE as a company these days, as much as I love the FF franchise. Their marketing department just seems to have no respect for consumers anymore.

€199.99 for a CE of a HD Remaster is just ridiculous. I found the €129.99 tag for Heavensward to be at the upper edge of acceptability. The statue that came with HW was a troutty piece of plastic.

I sunk money into the FFXV UCE because I knew the quality of Play-Arts Kai figurines, and thought the price was reasonable including the rest of the contents and limited print run. Even then they pulled a bunch of retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses, so despite sinking a metric smurf ton of cash on a UCE, I still don't have access to all the "content" they made for FFXV - but whatever, I'll deal with it.

This one, however. Sorry, you're having a laugh SE and you're not taking me for a ride with it. We have no indicator of the quality of those busts, and a set of art cards is hardly expensive to produce. Also no indicator of how limited a print run it is, I remember the XIII-2 CE they charged a fortune for at release, which they also overprinted to oblivion - so it's practically valueless these days.

Much like Stormblood (which they also hiked up to €199.99, and that includes a statue - which could be trout quality again, a reprint of the 1.0 CE map, a ... sticker... lol), I'll just be opting for the standard edition of FFXII HD.

Honestly just look at Overwatch for a decent quality, reasonably priced, CE. €199.99 is also more than the Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition and the Mass Effect Andromeda CEs.

I've said it a few times, but SE really seems to be going the dark path that EA went down in the late 1990s/early 2000s that destroyed their brand image for several years.

/rantoff

Can't wait to play the game itself.
    Japan.
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

The busts and cards seem like a bit much, will probably just get the steelbook edition.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Karifean alerted me on Discord with some news about the remaster:

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5513-fin...ge-screenshots

So apparently, each character can have both a primary and a secondary job, which they can unlock after boosting the primary a bit. Also map overlays for easier exploring, which is a real boon.

I also saw some of the screenshots and it seems as if Vaan's abs are being fixed, so yay!

That two jobs thing sounds great. I was a little put off about being confined to only one for the entire game.

I am so damn hyped for this that I've already booked time off work for it, which I've never done before. I need this now!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    That two jobs thing sounds great. I was a little put off about being confined to only one for the entire game.

I am so damn hyped for this that I've already booked time off work for it, which I've never done before. I need this now!
    Yeah, I mean there's like what, 12 jobs or something? With just six characters, about half the jobs would go unplayed. With the two job system, more jobs can be experimented with.

I'm really looking forward to it! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post

Yeah, I mean there's like what, 12 jobs or something? With just six characters, about half the jobs would go unplayed. With the two job system, more jobs can be experimented with.

I'm really looking forward to it! Can't wait!
    I didn't even think of it like that, more just generally being confined to one job but that's a really good point. And another reason to celebrate I guess!