Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix (PS4) | Official Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

I can sympathise with the 'side-game' position because I held it for quite a long time as well, but Fynn is right. Pretty much all the games are a sizeable piece of the puzzle in the overall KH arc. Though if I had to judge which games were utterly essential to understand III, at a bare minimum I'd go I > CoM? > II > BBS > All of 2.8 > III. Though you might as well get the collections and play/watch all of them.

I played II before CoM, and the main thing that gets fleshed out is Riku. The core stuff with Sora, Namine and the Organisation is picked up in II well enough, but much of the Riku plot is confusing without CoM, so I do see that now. I still struggle with CoM's card system (especially with card duels), but you know. I just play on Beginner.

358/2 Days is also very important in fleshing out the relationships seen in II. You don't have to play 358/2 Days, but it really aids understanding for II and as a stand-alone entry, it is very good story. you lose nothing watching the movie version on 1.5. From what I hear, the actual gameplay of Days isn't that great.

BBS is probably more essential to the main arc. It is surprisingly long though. I kinda got fatigued part-way through Ventus's story (having completed Terra) and I kinda gave up. I'll get back to it. It can get slightly repetitive going through the worlds with another character (who you have to build from scratch again).

I also haven't played DDD either, but from what I hear that's also tied strongly to the main arc and sets up III. Pretty much all of the 2.8 set is set-up for III. When the price gets down, I'll grab 2.8 after completing BBS. It isn't as if III is getting anywhere fast

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, though, I get how this was a problem before since you had to have all the different platforms to play them all, but now everything is here in one place, so it's easier now to get into this series than ever before.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Plus 358/2 Days is purely cinematic based in HD 1.5 ReMIX. Much like Coded is in HD 2.5 ReMIX. So those are easy to digest now (which is great as they were arguably the weakest of the handheld installments too).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be fair, though, I think coded's gameplay is its sole worthwhile feature. And I'm also one of the few people that actually really enjoyed Days' gameplay

Hm..well, if I'm really into Kingdom Hearts by the time I finish the first game I'll definitely consider playing the rest. Although I still only have interest in three games currently.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm replaying Days right now and am enjoying it so far, but I do wish it could have been tweaked a little and still playable on the remaster. Most of my issues are just due to it being a DS game I think. I don't mind the cinematic on the collection, but I don't think you get the full effect of the story as you do from actually getting to play through the bosses and such.

Knowing me I'll get the collection again on PS4 despite owning each game individually and owning each collection on PS3.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I've read this thread on reddit about there being some major glaring technical issues in the Japanese version. I really hope it's all patched up for the western release.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If my understanding is correct, they didn't do much to fix any issues with the PS3 release, so it doesn't look good for the pa4 release. It's disappointing though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But II.5 had patches didn't it?

The only issues I heard about was that some sections are too fast because of the 60fps. I'd imagine it's possible to fix it

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

First play through of kingdom hearts 1 for me on PS3 had all sorts of sound issues where the sound would just cut out or act like it was skipping kind of. This time thankfully it only happened once to me where the sound completely disappeared. I never personally ran into issues on 2.5 I don't think, but I never really beat any of the games on it yet. I don't think the US ever got any patches for those games but I could be wrong

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I've played through the PS3 remasters a few times now and have yet to experience any glitches or technical issues. The only problem (if you want to call it that ) is in KH2 when you shift drive forms and the game has to load for a few seconds, rather than it being instantaneous like the original PS2 version. Other than that, they've all been perfect.

Speaking of which, if the gameplay videos I've seen are anything to go by, that's actually been fixed in the PS4 version. I did see a video where Sephiroth's meteor attack was doubled in speed though, but honestly that doesn't sound like a bad thing to me. It makes the battle sound more cruhrazay and fun.
    I like Kung-Fu.