So, my Breath of the Wild Let's Play has met with less than resounding success, even by my standards.

I've been thinking about the utter failure of this project for a while, but there are a lot of areas I'm unclear on, partially because I just don't get people that well.

So I thought I'd lay out some of my thoughts, get some feedback, see if I can figure out what went wrong, and how I can improve future projects going forward.

First is choice of game. Was Breath of the Wild a bad choice? A lot of people who seemed interested also seem to have wanted to stay unspoiled to get the exploration and discovery on their own. So a title that features such personal elements so strongly was maybe a bad idea. Then too, even the discussion thread for the game is dead, so maybe I just picked a title people don't care much about.

The second issue I'm looking at is formatting. The most successful LPs on this forum have been written summary style. This allows more game progress per "episode", as well as being faster to read through than it is to watch a video episode. Is the video format just a bad idea for the forums?

I have a few other thoughts which I'll probably cover in a follow up once I've gotten them into clearer focus, but I thought I'd put this out and get some feedback. What do you guys most look for in an LP? What did I do right in my Pokémon LP that I have missed in Breath of the Wild (and, before both of those, in Mark of the Ninja)? What games would you like to see? What sorts of games do you think work better here?

Feedback and thoughts are appreciated. I'll probably end BotW (I have some general thoughts for formatting improvement that may help some, so if interest ever was there, I'd just restart, probably), and return to Sun/Moon once I can put down the shiny new system. But if I want to do a new project, I'll clearly need to do better than some of my old ones, and I'll need help with that.