Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Thoughts

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Gaming Thoughts

I have some random commentary about games i'm playing sometimes that don't seem like they deserve a full thread but I still want to comment on. I guess kinda like the rant thread and the happy thread. Share some of your random gaming thoughts or experiences.

I was playing Sims 4, you know how hard it is to get the $350,000 household life aspiration goal? Hard. I put in big tvs and big appliances and lots of art and a pool and two stories and ugh. That's super freaking hard and you're still $150,000 behind. I ended up just putting expensive $12,000 bathtubs across the top of my house until I hit the $350,000 cap. So my entire top floor was just bathtubs. Tons of bathtubs. Hit the cap, deleted them all and threw the roof back on. Problem solved!

Share your random gaming thoughts/experiences!

Articles
    Blog Entries

So I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins on PC because it is so much better than the console version like they are two completely separate games.

They've added a move to point button, which the console version desperately lacks, a tactical mode which is great, and AoE targeting can be centered on an enemy so even if they move it'll go to them. Then my list of mods add many improvements and bug fixes beyond that!

The one baffling thing they omit in this version though is the junk button. The junk button. Such a simple yet helpful inventory tool, and they remove it in the PC version. What!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

They just want to make sure you carry all that junk in your trunk

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh I have so many of these that come up!

Like Firis is adorable and games like Dengeki Bunko and Nitroplus Blasterz make much more sense if you know the source material which, in my case, I usually do not

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So yesterday in Dragon Quest IX I did this quest that rewarded me with a Flamenco Shirt. At first I thought that's so lame. Then it turned out it boosts the stats of my main character who's a Minstrel (not actually a bard, more like a jack-of-all-trades). And then it turned out it looks fantastic on him and suddenly I'm way more into the game. Because my pink shirt looks great.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

In Horizon the separate the quests into categories and I love that. Where am I in the main quest? Oh here I am. Where was that last sidequest at? Over there, omw.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I have some random commentary about games i'm playing sometimes that don't seem like they deserve a full thread but I still want to comment on. I guess kinda like the rant thread and the happy thread. Share some of your random gaming thoughts or experiences.

I was playing Sims 4, you know how hard it is to get the $350,000 household life aspiration goal? Hard. I put in big tvs and big appliances and lots of art and a pool and two stories and ugh. That's super freaking hard and you're still $150,000 behind. I ended up just putting expensive $12,000 bathtubs across the top of my house until I hit the $350,000 cap. So my entire top floor was just bathtubs. Tons of bathtubs. Hit the cap, deleted them all and threw the roof back on. Problem solved!

Share your random gaming thoughts/experiences!
    I feel like there's a commentary on the futility of consumerism in there somewhere.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Atelier Firis should update quests locations as you progress through them, not just keep it on its original objective point

Why do so few multiplayer games have local splitscreen these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    They were pretty rare last generation for most of the life of the systems. But after a while there was a bit of a revolution and even pc games started bringing it back. I developed a pretty big collection of local co-op games of last gen and even a fair few this generation. Are you looking for cooperative games or just multiplayer? And if cooperative then what types would you prefer? Borderlands, Tales games and Divinity Original Sin Enhanced will probably be your top tier experiences. But there are also a lot of indie and lesser known titles as well

Edit: I actually have a worksheet on my computer cataloging my collection and I've helped out some other forum members. Maybe I should make a thread and request it be stickied and list all the good local co-op games that went under the radar in the last generation or so

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Because it's a surprising technical difficulty and the usage numbers just aren't high enough to justify it for most companies. Since online multiplayer became such a big deal, the local audience has become relatively tiny. The trouble with splitscreen is you have to do everything twice: rendering graphics, calculating physics, processing audio. All of which completely tanks the performance, and it takes a lot of work to get it back.

Back in the day when it was the only way people ever really played together, it was seen as a worthwhile investment to do that. But nowadays online always takes priority.

So yeah, there's your answer. It sure does suck though

Articles
    Blog Entries

Maybe I was underleveled, but the Tartarus Level 36 boss ("Change Relic") was one of the most brutal boss fights I've been up against in a long time.

So this was Breath of the Wild. I don't want it to be over. Hopefully story DLC will be actual story DLC.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

There's this character in Persona 5 and all I could think was, "I want her hair in FFXIV."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Why does everyone let me loot their homes and houses all the time? Oh it's the protag, yeah that's fine. It was my last 30 gil but whatever