Thread: Magus Sisters ?

Default Magus Sisters ?

I picked up a old save of FF X HD on the Vita, and I can't seem to get Magus Sisters ?

I have the Flower Scepter and the Blossom Crown.

Do I need to get Anima also in order to get the Sisters ? :/

I'm thinking of doing a save of the Expert Grid, so should I just re-start because I don't have any of the destruction Spheres.

Though I swear having the Sisters without Anima. ( Because European version with Dark Aeons and stuff )

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sadly, you do need Anima to get the sisters. Which destruct spheres did you miss? Not all of them are guarded by dark aeons so you can still get them back, and if not, dark aeons can be killed with Zanmato and some patience

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Sadly, you do need Anima to get the sisters.
    FUu. UUU.

all that work for nothing

Which destruct spheres did you miss? Not all of them are guarded by dark aeons so you can still get them back, and if not, dark aeons can be killed with Zanmato and some patience
    All of them. Really ? Because the game won't let be Zanmato Dark Valefor or Bahamut. They overdrive before I can do anything.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

All of them. If you sink tons of money into Yojimbo he'll show up and perform Zanmato immediately, regardless of overdrive gauge level

Still, that requires time and patience

All of them. If you sink tons of money into Yojimbo he'll show up and perform Zanmato immediately, regardless of overdrive gauge level

Still, that requires time and patience
    I do that though,but Valefor still Overdrives. I think you need to have a better relationship with Yojimbo in order for him to perform Zanmato faster.

I might just re-start and have some fun experiencing the Expert Sphere Grid.

smurf you game though, wow. You shouldn't need Anima to unlock the door when you already have the crown and scepter.
    Wow, smurf you.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    I do that though,but Valefor still Overdrives. I think you need to have a better relationship with Yojimbo in order for him to perform Zanmato faster.
    Nah, you just need a weapon with First Strike. If it's not on Yuna, you can just keep her out of the party and swap her in first turn and it's the same as if it had been Yuna who had the First Strike weapon. Of course make sure Yojimbo has overdrive, it massively increases your odds.

It is recommended to increase your compatibility with Yojimbo (i.e. fight random battles with him and have him perform Wakizashi and Zanmato as often as possible, and Daigoro as little as possible; never have him die, never give him 0 gil) until he uses it very regularly. Remember to always give him gil in powers of 2, otherwise you're just wasting your money. I usually give him 128 Gil in random encounters.

Yes, Yojimbo is a killer for all. But he follows a very complicated algorithm.

He also pins down Penance. Or you could do it like me, the boring, long way:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/75420320

Not that I have never used Yojimbo against him. I did.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Destruction Spheres are nonsense because some of them are a pain to get and DARK AEONS block your way to some of them. It is very annoying, especially as Dark Shiva blocks the way to the one people tend to need (Macalania Temple's sphere being the hardest to get, in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    The Destruction Spheres are nonsense because some of them are a pain to get and DARK AEONS block your way to some of them. It is very annoying, especially as Dark Shiva blocks the way to the one people tend to need (Macalania Temple's sphere being the hardest to get, in my opinion).
    Yeah agree, this is why I've always hated the Dark Aeons. They just get in the way. They are grand if you want to grind for months and max out the Sphere Grid- but if you just want to get Anima and The Sisters they are a total pain in the ass.

Update ! Managed to get the Besaid and kilika Destruction Spheres and got up to Luca, though I accidently deleted my saved game. Re-doing everything now and is up to Kilika again- but I feel like fate doesn't want me to get Anima and the Magus Sisters at all.