Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffy is 20

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Season 4 started out well enough, and I definitely liked seeing Angelus so much, but that ending for Cordelia was obnoxiously stupid and bad. It was painful to watch. Really, the writing for her is just terrible after she becomes overtly bad (at least to the viewer).

Season 5 overall is very meh for me. I hated the law firm setting. I hated campy Spike that seemed to lose all of his development from Buffy season 7. I intensely hated the stupid muppets and pro wrestlers episodes. But season 5 partly redeemed itself with the saddest two episodes in the Buffyverse, and Illyria was pretty cool (even though Fred was also cool).

As for Buffy, I'm not sure what my favorite season is. There are arguments to be made for 2, 3, and 5, although season 7 also had some very strong isolated episodes. It's tough to criticize charlie's list of best episodes, though I think The Zeppo is overrated (as well as Xander generally).

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm re-watching Buffy at the moment and Xander is just the smurfing worst and intolerable to me this time around. He gets okay in 7 though when he loses an eye.

I think my favourite Buffy season changes, but 6 is the one I consistently enjoy so much.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Xander was ok as long as he wasn't trying to be serious. Whenever the character tried to be serious/angry, he just ended up being an insufferable dickhead to one of: Angel, Buffy, or Spike. All of whom I like better than Xander.

I also found Riley to be insufferable after they actually started dating, definitely by season 5 (despite being likeable before that). I was cheering for that helicopter to take off faster. Team Spike forever.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, Xander had the best jokes but as Raist said, angry Xander and also horny-after-Buffy-early-Xander were I also agree with Riley. They tried to build him up as this perfect kind guy who can't handle Buffy's trout, and we just never have any empathy for him because Buff's our girl.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Team Spike? He tried to rape Buffy!

Riley was just dull.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Soulless Spike tried to rape Buffy, and that fact horrified him so much that he could no longer live as someone capable of doing that, and so risked his life to find his soul. Yeah, I'll take him over Angel any day.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Eh the rape argument kind of annoys me. Spike was capable of loving Buffy while he was a demon - but he was still a demon. It's heavily implied that Angel/Angelus I guess was a big ol' rapist back when too. Look at their sexual relationship through series 6 too, there are zero boundaries. The two of them destroy a derelict building during their shagging. I find it such a silly reason really to dislike Spike.

Spuffy forever.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Should have listened to the Mayor, mortal/immortal relationships are a bad idea!

With regards to stuff Spike did, as Principal Wood points out in season 7, all the characters seem to have been evil at some point (attempted rape, killing people in cold blood, ripping a guy's skin off, being petty and not telling Buffy that there was a way to get Angel's soul back)
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Team Spuffy all the way! Spike is one of the best character imo, though I think he really shines only in season 2 as villain and in seasons 6-7 with all the developments with Buffy.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

However, I have to say that Buffy is actually 25 now.

buffy_movie.jpg
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.