Thread: can someone on a computer with VBA convert my.sgm save to a .sav for me please?

Default can someone on a computer with VBA convert my.sgm save to a .sav for me please?

soo, long story short, I was at the grocery store last night and I set down my tablet for a second and someone swiped it. ...after basically the same thing happened with my phone and my golden sun 2 save. on my tablet, I started playing FFVI Advance on My Boy! after hearing great things about the game and only able to find finished gs2 saves. Im playing FFVI and honestly, Im LOVING it.The story is really captivating as well as the multiple characters and gameplay. seriously, its been awhile since I was enjoying a game's story so much.

REGARDLESS-tablet got stolen. My Boy seems to use .st0 (.st1, st2, etc) quicksaves as well as I THINK .sav files for the in-game save.

I was at the part of the game with the Three Scenarios, and just completed Sabin's with the boss fight with the Phantom Train. I literally just finished that part. (Still had Baron to go.)

I honestly have been having such a crappy hectic life and dont really have the time, nor inclination honestly, to start over.. I looked all over for save files, and all Ive seemed to find was completed (and usually hacked) games...Im almost confused on why anyone would ever even need a finished game save..If its finished...what's there really to do anyway?

Also found a few SNES saves but honestly the "advance" version sounds so much better (minus the lesser sound) with all the extra "megabosses"or whatever theyre called, plus the rest of the additions.

I finalllly found someone who uploaded a save roughly around my spot, and it was in THESE FORUMS out of all places! The user said it was right after he acquired Shadow, which works for me!

So, i excitedly made an account (after finallygetting the mobilepage to correctly display the "human brain requirement test") and see that they are two .sgm saves. Welllllllllll, .sgm is for visualboy, which is for windows/desktop computer.. I sadly have NO access to my computer, nor any "friends" willing to help me.

So this is where I turn to you, eyesonff.. After doing some reading on how to convert .sgm to .sav, I found on a forum post a user stating on VisualBoy you are able to "Export Save State" into a .sav file..

Is there possibly anyone here willing t oconvert the save file for me who is on a desktop computer? Or even possibly just have a .sav/.st0 file around that same area I was at? Im literally DESPERATE to finish my game where I left off, as sad as that sounds. this game really kept me going in this ridiculously rough patch in my life (as you may be able to tell, with me having no home or friends=access to a desktop computer for just a few moments)

here is the link to the forum post where I found the .sgm save files attached by said user:

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....ce-save-needed

If you need me to send them to you please let me know and I'll do my best to.

THANK YOU IN "ADVANCE," hehe the pun wasnt originally intended, and excuse some of the spaces/non-spaces, this external keyboard for this borrowed RCA tablet Im using has a pretty janky space bar. Cant complain though, I just really want to continue playing and forget about this hot Arizona heat Im stuck in! thankyouthankyouthankyou for whoever can or is willing to take the time to help me out.

are these forums dead or....I mean, I have faith people aren't so selfish on here to not even respond... :/

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You have a very specific request and it's only been a day - a Sunday, no less. Give it time.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah man, I saw it but don't have the skills to help you out I'm afraid!

Things are generally quiet here over the weekend. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out this week.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

And we can't even guarantee that anyone will be able to help, I mean I certainly can't.

So apologies if you don't get what you're looking for.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I checked, and those save files are from much later in the game than what you're looking for. Unfortunately.

Oh really? He wasn't talking about when you first get Shadow in Sabin's Scenario?

And I apologize about my whole "selfish" remark, just been having a real hard time lately :/ I apologize..

And appreciate the replies so far! If anyone sees this and has a save around that area please let me know!
    I started a SNES save around there but I honestly already miss the Advance version haha.

In that thread blackmage_nuke says he just got Shadow while playing as Gau, Sabin, and Cyan. Is that not the part of the game where the team gets separated and splits off into threes? It's been so long since I've played though

Edit: Just checked my emulator collection, and I have VisualBoy. I may have to hunt down a copy of Final Fantasy VI Advance, though, as I remember not liking it as much as the original. But it's probably floating around somewhere

Edit 2: Found it on my Wii. Unfortunately, VisualBoyAdvance did not recognize the save states in that thread. As soon as I loaded the game it made a .sav file. I tried to load one of the .sgm files and it threw an error

Edit 3: Turns out those .sgm files are not even meant to be saves. SGM files are save states, not save files. However, booting up FFVIAdvance and trying to load those states still throws an error (note that they have to be named exactly after the game file. So if your game is named Final Fantasy VI Advance (U).GBA, then you would need to rename those states as Final Fantasy VI Advance (U).SGM, and if you can find an emulator that is friends with those save state files then that would work, but instead of loading a save game within the game, you would use emulator options to load the state instead)

Perhaps your MyBoy! emulator on Android can actually use those files if you load a state. If you need me to rename them to something specific for you, let me know and I can rename them and zip them up and re-attach them here and you can give it a try if you like

Edit 4: After re-reading the initial post, I see it was already stated that MyBoy uses .st0, .st1, etc.

We may have come to a brick wall here
    Last edited by Vyk; 03-21-2017 at 03:58 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I loaded the sgm save state files on my VBA just fine, but yeah, that's when I realized they were WoR save states.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    I loaded the sgm save state files on my VBA just fine, but yeah, that's when I realized they were WoR save states.
    Gotcha. Well, we tried. Not sure why it doesn't work on mine, but it doesn't matter anymore then

Are you sure both of them are WoR? He said it was when he first got shadow, which is during the Three Scenarios.. Maybe it was his second .SGM file..? Or the same user I'm talking about?

And Vyk, I read that there's an option in Visual Boy that says "export save state" or something along those lines thatll export the file to a .sav

I really appreciate the help you two!

Ahh I just wanna continue playing, the SNES doesn't feel the same at all.

Hopefully if that second .SGM isn't where he said it was there's a user who will see that who's roughly at the same spot. It could be (preferably) a bit earlier or later!
    Thanks again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I am sure.

In order to export it, I'd first have to import it, or load it at all, and no matter option I choose to load it with, it doesn't work for mine for some reason. Probably because I have a PAL version of the game I'd imagine, because it asks what language I want to use when I boot it up. I bet those save states are for the NA release

I remember now I was trying to patch back in sound quality, color density, and fix framerate issues, and the patches to fix those things were all for one version

Edit: I probably should have noted this earlier, but after trying again, import and export are only for battery and gameshark data, not really game data. And not .sav files (though honestly they may export that stuff as .sav, but even if they did, that wouldn't help at all)
    Last edited by Vyk; 03-21-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well you can just load the save state, save ingame and voila you've got a sav file.

You may be capable. I can't it. It won't load for me :P