Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I took a backup at the end of Day One, but nothing more recent.

Page 1
    Page 2

Articles
    Blog Entries

I mean, I could predict where the day was leading to (my death) , but yeah, it was

Formalhaut - 2 (Fynn, Slothy)
    Laddy. - 1 (Formalhaut)

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess whenever Scruff makes a new game thread we should just all restate our votes and then go from there?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, we all remember the highlights right?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I suppose so. At the very least I think we'll all have the gist of who we are suspicious of.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I have a few posts saved in my cache. Posts 271 to 290.

Excuse the formatting but this can be moved to a new thread when made. Didn't want to lose it

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut
    I'm concerned that Slothy outed himself as the doctor, as this effectively puts us in a more perilous position. If we lynch incorrectly today, the Mafia are all but guaranteed to kill off a Town, ending the game.
    I'd question why he would do that. The main finding is that Sharky is probably not Mafia, but there are subtler ways of trying to suggest Sharky is innocent. The other protection he made (to me, apparently) unfortunately tells us nothing.
    What I find peculiar is that Fynn earlier stated "the Doctor should definitely not reveal themselves." Slothy proceeds to reveal himself as the Doctor. Fynn has since posted twice, neither about Slothy being the Doctor.
    The absence of "oh my God, what have you done" or "but I said not to!" or "I said not to, but the info helps Slothy" (basically, any commentary about the reveal). Instead he points out my lack of posting again, despite the fact that the time period I described in my last post (bedtime to after work) is when I'm not active anyway, something that happened the previous Day as well.
    Like, how many times do I need to say I work?
    TBH, I meant to post it might actually not be a bad idea for the doc to reveal themselves just when I noticed Slothy do it
    Basically what I'm saying is Slothy's reveal is suspicious because there's no gamebreaking revelation that could change the game (say, a guilty verdict), the info he does have could be insinuated in non-revealing posting (the bit about Sharky), and he was expressly told that the doctor shouldn't reveal, the last reminder being posted earlier today.
    I'm very wary about voting Slothy though because if he turns out to actually be the Doctor, voting your own doctor is just embarrassing. He's definitely become a person of interest to me, though.
    That's interesting, but ultimately impossible to verify. But it might be helpful if you gave your reasons as to why the Doctor revealing themselves would've been a good idea. Personally, I'm still sceptical of the move.
    While we're on the process of heavy hitting revelations, I might as well say that I'm a Vanilla Townie.

I mean, claiming Vanilla is like claiming that I like breathing - everyone would say that. But for what it is worth, that is the truth. Don't worry, I'm not expecting anyone to just believe that straight up, but if it helps fill in people's diagrams and charts, why not.
    Because at this point, we NEED to get mafia. So we need to know as much as possible, or else there won't be a tomorrow, so it doesn't matter if it's the doctor that dies next or anyone else. The doctor's info is way more important at this point since we need to work fast and the chances that he protects someone who got targeted are slim
    Also, like with Karifean, no one counterclaimed. And at this point, its kinda for late for that
    [Vote Lynch Formalhaut]
    I can read you like a book, friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothy
    I would like to point out that my revealing doesn't put us in anymore peril than we were already in. If we mislynched mafia still have Fynn's neutral role claim making it basically impossible they wouldn't lynch another townie tonight. I am very suspicious of the fact that Formy is trying to suggest my reveal put us in more danger when that's patently absurd at this point.

As to why I would reveal when others said not to: again, we lynch correctly today or we almost certainly lose. There's no gain in holding back any information now and as a rule I dislike playing it safe when defeat is almost assured. We'll, honestly I hate playing it safe all of the time but especially when our demise is imminent.
    Just be careful you're not reading the book upside down.
    I would like to point out that my revealing doesn't put us in anymore peril than we were already in. If we mislynched mafia still have Fynn's neutral role claim making it basically impossible they wouldn't lynch another townie tonight. I am very suspicious of the fact that Formy is trying to suggest my reveal put us in more danger when that's patently absurd at this point.

As to why I would reveal when others said not to: again, we lynch correctly today or we almost certainly lose. There's no gain in holding back any information now and as a rule I dislike playing it safe when defeat is almost assured. We'll, honestly I hate playing it safe all of the time but especially when our demise is imminent.
    So we're pretty much on the same page
    See, Townie Formy would behave way differently
    Also, I can read upside down just fine, so it's no problem, thank you
    [vote lynch Formy]
    Trying to suggest my reveal was dangerous when I know it puts us in no more danger, and sharing my info could actually reduce today's danger is suspicious as all hell. My but said Formy at the end of day 2 and I'm more convinced now.
    My gut rather. But my butt days Formy too.
    One thing I've noticed now over the past few days has been Slothy and Fynn have both been in lockstep. I'm willing to believe one of them. The person I'm most likely to believe is Slothy, because as they both point out correctly - yes, there has been no counterclaim. Unless Squall is the doctor, in which point he probably couldn't be bothered to claim anything. Or even turn up.
    But then again, there's been no kills both nights, so I also doubt that Squall is the doctor, thus, Slothy's doctor roleclaim rings true. I still don't think it was really necessary to claim though.
    That leaves Fynn. He's either a Survivor looking to bandwagon a Town for an easy victory, or a Mafia who's using a Survivor roleclaim to pass off as a psuedo-Town/passively helpful member. More likely to be the former, if I'm honest. I'll repeat what I said in Day One: survivors cannot be trusted to remain on your side.
    Can I just take a moment to say that yeah, sure, sometimes the theories I suggest, the scenarios I entertain, could end up in later discussion become discounted. I'm willing to entertain the possibility that a few things I said was suspicious. Posting is always a risk. Posting your thoughts and opinions and theories on something is a greater risk.
    Personally, I'd find the people who didn't risk much to be more suspicious. The people who rocks up, agrees with someone else's opinion, leaves. Mafia don't need to risk much when they post. They only need to appear Town. That means they don't need to commit.
    Looking at the list, probably the person that springs to mind most is Laddy. I've looked at his posts. There's not a lot of substance here. In the posts, especially the later posts, there's no real sense of urgency, or danger. Even though we're at MyLo (well, LyLo really but who's being picky?). There's something off with the way Laddy is playing. It is far too casual, even taking into account the odd goofball moments.
    [VOTE LYNCH Laddy]
    One thing I've noticed now over the past few days has been Slothy and Fynn have both been in lockstep. I'm willing to believe one of them.
    Forgot to add this that. The reason why I'm willing to believe one of them is because I don't both of them are Mafia. Two people working together would never be so obvious. Even if neither of them are Mafia, one of them in my opinion is working against Town.
    While I'm here, we all know Fynn and Slothy's verdict of me. Sharky is suspicious. Anyone else want to join in on this Scary-go-Round?
    Reaching hard, I see, Formy
    If you tunnel much further you'll reach the other end of the world.
    Can we get a time and vote check, Scruff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington
    VOTING HISTORY
    Karifean -> No Vote
    Formalhaut -> Laddy
    Fynn -> Formalhaut
    Laddy -> No Vote
    Squall Leonhart Loire -> No Vote
    Slothy -> Formalhaut
    sharkythesharkdogg -> No Vote

VOTE TALLY
    Formalhaut - 2
    Laddy - 1

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm fine with picking up where we left off, or starting over.

Does everyone want to keep going, or have Scruff "re-roll the characters" and play again? (I don't know mafia terms, some I'm just going to go with DnD slang until I pick it up.)

Articles
    Blog Entries

I mean I remember what was going on. We can keep going as far as I'm concerned.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah I'm fine to continue. Also, I'm happy for Scruff to take my place in the signup thread so he can host a game that isn't interrupted by freak occurrences.

Trust me, Mafia games usually go much better than they have been!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Nah, I'm fine continuing. It's just fair to be flexible and open to what others might want. Especially Scruff, since he's the one running the show.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh, I'm back from work and I've checked my cache, and I do have items that relate to the Game Thread. Should I save them to my laptop? I tried opening one of the cache files but it said I didn't have permission or what have you.

Uh yeah...so the Game Thread got deleted.

To be honest I don't really have much motivation to continue after the forum got rolled back with no warning whatsoever. I would have really liked an opportunity to backup the thread.

I'm not really sure where to take things from here. There's a few ways we could go about it.

1. We could move onto the next game (Fynn's) and call that Mafia XXIX.
    2. We could completely restart this game from scratch.
    3. We could start the game up from Day 3 again with a new thread, and everyone who has any of the game info can PM it to me.

I'm really not a fan of option 3. The game thread is completely gone, and I'd like for there to be records kept of all of the games.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Fair. It's your game after all.

Fynn, what do you think?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm fine with any option. Just letting you guys know that if we move straight into my game, we're still gonna need some time to set up. We need a whole sign-up thing and it'll use mafia accounts again so