Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXIX: Signup Thread

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not really a fan of the restart option. I would have been fine with just keeping going from where we were but if scruff doesn't want that that's fine. If we restart I'd prefer we find someone to take my place. I won't have a much time as I did come Monday or so for a little bit and I don't want to be a detriment to the game due to inactivity.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, this sucks. I'm really sorry Scruffy. Whichever option you decide is fine by me. My offer of giving you my spot in the sign-ups still stand!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sorry Scruff, this really really sucks that this happened :<

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Yeah, sorry Scruff. I think we're all fine with picking up where we left off but I knew this game was important for you, so that's why I was trying to get your feelings on what you wanted to do.

I'd like to continue, but if it's really eating at you don't feel pressured to continue. No hard feelings from me on that decision. Thanks for all the hard work, either way!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Since the game got lost in the EoFF Time Machine I guess I should reveal.

I was The Godfather and sharky was the goon. We targeted Fynn and Bleys each night in that order and had the Formy lynch panned out we would have a lot of work to try and target the person who isn't being protected to squeak out a win since our under the radar strategy seemed to start proving old and ineffective. I deliberately was tying to play an appeaser which worked relatively well at first but in a longer game would probably screw me, so who knows how things would have turned out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh, are we sharing now? Fair enough. Sadly, I don't think this game will be continuing. As Laddy has insinuated, I was a Vanilla Town in this game. Ha, suck it, Fynn.

I'm impressed my final vote was on a Mafia, and the Godfather no less. I wasn't initially suspicious of you Laddy, but after Bleys flipped Town (and thus could be trusted), I re-examined his posts and remembered the very direct question he asked me about your behaviour in another game. It felt unusual, so I examined your posts and thought it sounded very much like 'active lurking', which Bleys mentioned with Pumpkin, but we know she was Jester so that was kinda a given.

I was also pretty suspicious of Sharky, come to think of it, and I included him in my 'top three' suspects list. Granted, all I had to go on was 'he does nothing' but I'd hope more stuff would come about. Never found Slothy to be too suspicious, though I felt his buddying with Fynn to be something of interest. I found Fynn hella suspicious though. Like, constantly piling pressure on me for one post he thought was scummy. He really milked that one dry. Well, that and apparently I was playing differently with my style but I didn't see it.

I mean, I guess I was playing more assertively, but when someone's constantly challenging you it's natural to defend yourself. Actually Fynn's constant goads inside and outside the game thread slowed me down. Instead of theorising about Laddy, Sharky and anyone else I found suspicious, I was having to defend myself. And even then I couldn't immediately point the finger anywhere else, because that might be viewed as 'reactionary'. In the end I voted Laddy but by that point I probably would've been lynched.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be fair, sharky is actually just a busy dude, so just keep that in mind for future games. He might be mafia but he just won't be as active as some players because of work and errythang

I'm trying to switch up my play style based on my character because that's fun, but hopefully that'll have the side effect of it not being obvious when I'm mafia because I changed my play style. Because I'll often try and change my play style for role playing! Like I got to be super trolly as Tingle

I'm sorry your game got messed up Scruff, but hopefully you can host another one in the future, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. This one was fun too! And I won, yay!

I'm hype for the mafias to continue and extra hype to get to host soon

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't think Laddy was the other mafia, tbh! Sharky was hard to read tho, and it didn't feel fair judging him because it was his first game and he did legit seem busy. So that flew under my radar, but at least i got Laddy right!

And it would've been easier to trust you, Formy, had you not been so adamant about lynching me sooner or later!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought you were on to me and just wanted to keep me around cause it means a shorter path to victory.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I considered PM'ing you and saying "vote for x and we win" assuming the game lasted another day but idk if that's legal.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Defo not legal And honestly, it wouldn't work because I wanted Town to win As long as I couldn't be killed, I would win either way, so I decided that I'd try to make Town win, but it also meant that the stakes were lower for me so I could go wild with my suspicions, which is why I wasn't too careful when deciding on my lynch - I just had little to lose

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The reason I wanted to rant in a Dead QT was that YOU WERE ABOUT TO LYNCH TOWN IN A POSSIBLE MYLO WITH A LIVE, PROTECTED COP.

When it's MyLo you no lynch, always, unless there's an unprotected, confirmed town player. Due to the lack of counterclaims, you had two confTown players. Yes, they were confTown, since any town PR who didn't counterclaim in MYLO would have been throwing the game.

I didn't actually suspect Laddy, but I had a medium-strong townread on Formy based on my interaction with him D1. Were I Kari, Sharky would have been my scan target N3 based on PoE. Had he done that, Laddy's optimal play would be to shoot Slothy and you'd wind up in probLyLo with live confTown. Scum rarely wins in LyLo with live confTown. So yes, we were steaming to a win, and you were going to piss it all away by doing the one thing you never, ever do in MyLo.

Tl;dr version: MyLo = no lynch.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Form watching on the sidelines I was half right. I had Laddy and Fynn as the Mafia. I wanted to tell people don't vote for Formy as he is town but I couldn't jump into the posts to do so as an outsider reading the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I kinda want people's opinions on this because Fynn keeps saying I was adamantly trying to lynch him but I genuinely don't think I was, or even intended to? Like I made one post outlining what we could do after Fynn claimed survivor, didn't vote for Fynn, and allowed conversation to deliberate further, which resulted in the consensus that Fynn shouldn't be lynched at this stage. Like as far as I'm aware I didn't keep hammering Fynn after that, with the main exception being I thought he was suspcious because he was so adamant about lynching me (and dragging Slothy along for the ride).

If you didn't keep hammering away at me both in thread and outside, I would've left you well alone after the consensus on not killing yet.

At the end of the day though, I did warn everyone you were anti-Town, and good intentions or not you were leading everyone down hard towards a mis-lynch. Sure, I advocated for lynching you eventually, but I've never encountered a survivor before so how the hell was I supposed to know proper etiquette?

While we're having this nice little debrief, who did Karifean think was suspicious?