Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXIX: Signup Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jesus, Formy, wat to takie it super personalny!
    Pfft please, I'm super bemused. Ever since you started your false crusade I could not wait to reveal all.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Formy was convinced at the start I thought he was Mafia. Lol not for a second did I think that. I did think Fynn was though. Fynn plays a great Mafia member and has the ability to pull votes people's way. I always think Fynn is Mafia though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Formy was convinced at the start I thought he was Mafia. Lol not for a second did I think that. I did think Fynn was though. Fynn plays a great Mafia member and has the ability to pull votes people's way. I always think Fynn is Mafia though.
    Honestly I thought most of the spectators pegged me as Mafia. I mean, Fynn was so damn adamant about I could've sworn he wasn't the only one.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Honestly I thought most of the spectators pegged me as Mafia. I mean, Fynn was so damn adamant about I could've sworn he wasn't the only one.
    I played a few games now and I have gotten better at it. Me not playing in this one but just spectating gave me a different view from a not so enclosed spot to try and read between the lines. Didn't think Sharky was Mafia as he truly is a busy guy. However I was looking at Laddy and was getting suspicious of him. He looked like he was working to fly under the radar.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, though, the "he'll betray us!" thing was kinda weird? The easiest way for me to win with mafia was to just do nothing at all. Purposefully turning people to a wrong vote really seemed counter-intuitive, since I could've easily won by just flinging my hands in the air and saying "lol, you guys do your thing, I'm gonna win this anyway"

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Very true You could jump either side of the fence with your role. It may be a easy claim and not have to work hard.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I actually did consider investigating sharky too. Ultimately though I decided it was more likely for tbe explanation for his posting to be being busy IRL so I went for Squall. sharky probably would have been my next target though. Oh well.

I didn't find Formy particularly suspicious myself but I chalked that up to me being the one missing something when both Fynn and Slothy started ganging on him.

I had Fynn pegged as Mafia on Day 1 too, which is why I investigated him =P

Articles
    Blog Entries

Honestly, though, the "he'll betray us!" thing was kinda weird? The easiest way for me to win with mafia was to just do nothing at all. Purposefully turning people to a wrong vote really seemed counter-intuitive, since I could've easily won by just flinging my hands in the air and saying "lol, you guys do your thing, I'm gonna win this anyway"
    Just to remind everyone again this is the first time a Survivor's cropped up, so I mean, my first instinct is 'he's not Town'. More precisely, my first instinct was 'he doesn't have our win condition'.

This particular survivor was bulletproof, so the only way they could lose was being lynched. So honestly, allying with Town was ideal. Good to get close with the only people who can kill the survivor. Which is why I was always suspicious. Didn't help you were tunnelling me hard. Like wow, you didn't stop. Pretty much every post was a snarky 'heh, I can read you like a book' or something like it. I mean, I knew I was Town, and I don't immediately suspect everyone who thinks I'm not, but you were coming down so hard on me for what I thought wasn't much evidence, I mean, I couldn't help but be wary.

Helping Town was convenient, but there was no real danger if a mislynch happened. As long as the survivor is looking like a good pseudo-Town, they're effectively invincible. I was suspicious - no, more fearful - beacause it didn't matter if your target was Mafia or not. There was no... caution, no reticence. Not a single shred of doubt.

Ultimately though, whatever my suspicions were, the fact was lynching you would be damaging Town anyway, no matter what you were doing. Which, again, I did not.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I was pretty busy and brand new, so since I came up goon on my first play through, I just decided to use that as my personality in the game. I hoped it would come across as real since my confusion and minimal posting were actually real.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That's a nice attitude you have to an Other, Formy
    It's Mafia. You know I love you Fynn, but you were the Survivor. My gut instinct was to not fully trust you, and well, you didn't do anything to dispell that notion to me!

I do wonder how it all would've panned out that day. Given that it was MyLo, with two votes already on me by non-Mafia people (Fynn and Slothy) I could easily see one of Laddy or Sharky giving me three to close out the win.

EDIT: That's not a bad strategy, Sharky. It was very believable. A lie is at its best when it isn't really a lie.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I knew who mafia were after I was lynched because I asked sharky, so I knew everything they were doing.

I was like, hey, since I'm out, might as well get a look at the behind the scenes stuff

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah last game I was a town equivalent and flew under the radar and answered questions asked to me so with my rather expressive communication style I've learned my survivability is way stronger when I rein it in.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My usual play-style is to play cautious, if anything overcautious, so I have been trying since the previous game to be a bit more assertive and more engaging, as opposed to constantly 'umming and ahhing'.