Thread: Starcraft Remastered

Default Starcraft Remastered

Well, this is interesting. They're updating the art, but keeping it in the same 2D style. New art for the campaigns, new matchmaking, etcetera. It's supposedly coming with both the original game and Brood Wars. Updating things, but not really changing the mechanics, which should make a lot of people happy, as long time Starcraft players should find everything translates directly.

Personally, I'm hoping this has some success just so that Blizzard might try to do it for some of their other old games, like the Warcraft series.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I want a warcraft prequel RTS series. WC1 and 2 are like the first and second wars but there's soooo much warcraft history, we could have the Nelfs during the sundering or the trolls or there's a lot they can do without messing up the overall warcraft story that WoW is moving forward with.

The SC remaster is nice but I gotta finish SC2 first haha

Later Warcraft "lore" took the world so far off the rails that it's unrecoverable anyway.

I'm not really interested. SC was great when it came out. The world has changed since then.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Honestly I still play Brood War. It's been almost 20 years and the gameplay still holds up. It's my third favorite video game of all time for a reason. So yeah I'm hyped for this and its widescreen support.