Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if you could stop time?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    Whenever I see someone about to use their computer, I'd stop time and sabotage their computer by pressing the Insert key.

That is just evil.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Well if you're the only thing that has stopped, electronics can't work cause they can't get power etc. So you can't play any games. So i'd use my free stopped time to sleep that way I don't have to waste hours of the day doing so.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    Whenever I see someone about to use their computer, I'd stop time and sabotage their computer by pressing the Insert key.

That is just evil.
    But you're fine with Hitlering people.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Convince that dazzling sorceress to fall in love with me. Obviously my time powers wouldn't work on her and she could teach me about kompression.

I have dreams okay.

Ultimecia.png

I would have chaeted on tests if I was still a student. I think I'd use it to have fun at work, procrastinate, you know, read fanfiction and/or books I never have enough time to read.
    Life is as good as you make it

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I'd find a lovely day and just go hiking. And of course, sleep, like everyone else.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    I wouldn't have to wait literally 5ever at that crossing in central Reading near Great Expectations. OMG, that crossing is like, super annoying.
    I don't remember going that way and spending less than about seventeen minutes waiting to cross We legit tried to avoid going that way and dandered up the canalside into town instead.

Dress up and pretend to be Zack Morris, the most powerful of all mutants.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would change clothes noticeably like 32,768 times per day. Come in dressed normally, you turn your back, and bam! dressed like a pirate. Then a Starfleet officer. Then a viking.

The real problem is how do you keep it secret while in the view of other people? How do you get back into your previous position without anyone noticing? I think this would only be possible to use outside of the sight of anyone. Otherwise the government would probably scoop you up and test you to find out how you could do it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Change while time is stopped. People don't have time to see what's going on when there's no time.

Yeah I meant just in general - sure you could go to the bathroom or something to change clothes, but for anything that required you to be in sight of anyone you'd have to have no one around or be completely out of sight. So transportation would be an issue. How would you drive to work without your car suddenly being in sight? You'd have to walk or just take transportation while time is moving. Unless you have a teleportation device stashed away it becomes pretty tricky. Sleeping is probably the best use.

Also: with prolonged usage without aging, you'd age way too slowly and people would notice eventually.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Sleep is the main thing, definitely. I'd walk to and from home, probably, and binge a lot of TV and film. But the thing I want to do most right now is spend time with certain people, so more than anything, I'd just be wanting to try and maximise my recharging between social occasions by just having lots of time for me, and then once done I can re-open time and get back into things.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Considering time is stopped it would probably be pretty much impossible to move anyway because everything that surrounds you, every particle, will be frozen, no matter if you perceive time as not stopped for you. You could not even blink as that also is rearranging particle's poistions below your eyelids and therefore it would still very much be like time is stopped for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    What if you had a massive heart attack while time was stopped and couldn't snap time back? Would people come back to find you suddenly dead? Would time come back at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Well if you're the only thing that has stopped, electronics can't work cause they can't get power etc. So you can't play any games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    The real problem is how do you keep it secret while in the view of other people? How do you get back into your previous position without anyone noticing? I think this would only be possible to use outside of the sight of anyone. Otherwise the government would probably scoop you up and test you to find out how you could do it.
    You guys are no fun.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Considering time is stopped it would probably be pretty much impossible to move anyway because everything that surrounds you, every particle, will be frozen, no matter if you perceive time as not stopped for you. You could not even blink as that also is rearranging particle's poistions below your eyelids and therefore it would still very much be like time is stopped for you.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    What if you had a massive heart attack while time was stopped and couldn't snap time back? Would people come back to find you suddenly dead? Would time come back at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Well if you're the only thing that has stopped, electronics can't work cause they can't get power etc. So you can't play any games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    You guys are no fun.
    Agreed. No kidding it's not possible and that there would be impractical things about it. That's why in these instances you use your imagination instead of using a silly hypothetical situation to show off how smart you are.