Thread: Game of the First Few Months

Default Game of the First Few Months

So far, 2017 is looking to be a really strong year for games. With the release of critically acclaimed titles like Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, and more, we already have some games being talked about as "game of the year" potential contenders (and some as "best game ever" as well).

While I feel it's far to early to make such claims, I do think that it is interesting to note how many stellar titles we've gotten so far, as well as to see what the community thinks of the games that have been released in 2017.

So, which 2017 game has been your favorite so far? Which do you think is the best?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I. Nier 2 Automata.
    II. Zelda Breath of the Willd

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I imagine it will be Persona 5 when I can get it seeing as it will be the only game released this year that I'll have played.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of the few I've played, Atelier Firis

Two of the three 2017 games I'm most excited about (Cosmic Star Heroine and Divinity: OS2) haven't come out yet, and the third one (Thimbleweed Park) I haven't gotten to yet. So I have no opinions, but those three will all be great.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Though the edgelord driven hype backlash has already begun, I'm gonna say Zelda: Breath of the Wild for me. Just beat it last night, actually. It's not often a game captivates me like that one did. I seriously played it every day from release until last night (since I beat it I am moving on to something else for the time being). It's not often that I play a game as often as I did for that many days in a row, especially given my working hours and other aspects of my free time.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Breath of the Wild is mine. I loved everything about it. The characters especially.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I want to play all those games Skyblade mentioned but I just haven't gotten to them yet. It's been a great couple months for sure!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Two of the three 2017 games I'm most excited about (Cosmic Star Heroine and Divinity: OS2) haven't come out yet, and the third one (Thimbleweed Park) I haven't gotten to yet. So I have no opinions, but those three will all be great.
    Torment Tides of Numenera came out. Not sure if it's GOTY material but it seems like something you'd like.

For me it would probably be Horizon so far. Persons is starting extremely strong as well. We'll see if it can keep pace. Unfortunately I can't play many new games as I'm out of space and refuse to delete stuff

Oh, yeah, Tides of Numenera is also on the list but it's another price tier up, so it escaped my memory when I was thinking about what new games I'd be getting. Gotta wait for it to get a little cheaper. I'm sure it is great, though.