Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird things you've eaten

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    A moth, a smurfing MOTH. One got inside my drink when I was looking, and went to take a sip of water and ended up getting a large moth in my mouth. ughhhhhhhghgh. Never again. I always look before drinking now.
    Pretty much the same thing happened to me with a bee. I got lucky, and it didn't sting the inside of my mouth.

I had eaten a PB&J, "crunchy" pb. While finishing up my glass of milk, I felt what I thought was a peanut remnant. I chewed it up, despite the texture being "off". Once I'd finished the milk, I noticed a large wing from a "Daddy Long Legs" at the bottom.

That must have desensitized me because...

I caught a large leaf hopper during a break while watching "The UFC" with friends. Cut it in half and shared it with a friend.

We were attacked by very large beetles while sitting around the camp fire. I felt one graze my head, smacked at it, and it thumped against a log in the fire, stunning it. It sat there for a moment, just outside the flames, it began to hiss, then sizzle. I grabbed it, snapped it in half, and threw the front portion to one of my brothers (middle). Not bad at all.

Some might find this weird, but a hotdog with just sourkraut and mustard is heaven.

I had to replace jelly/honey with thick maple syrup in a peanut butter sandwich. That led to adding Maple Bacon potato chips, and later the addition of maple bacon. Do not try this at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    My nails. Bit them a LOT when I was younger. For the most part, I've substituted it with picking at my nails. Still catch myself biting them when I'm nervous, though.
    To this day I still bite my nails & the skin along the edge.
    Me, too. All the time often to the point of bleeding and slight discomfort. Then I allow them to head and begin all over again.

There are also times when the paper wrapper sticks to the food and I look at it like, "I just don't care this time" and eat it anyway.

Just a few days ago I felt something not-liquid in my water. I don't know what it was, but it was past the point of no return and I swallowed.