Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kefka a pushover?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's why I restricted it to World of Balance rages, because the seriously abusive ones are in the second half of the game. Course, the real challenge here is the fact you don't have a reliable healer, so chances are you'll be using a support Rage for Gau or Gogo since Mog's Dances are finicky.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

If that's the case I would guess Stay Cat would be the go to offensive Rage as Cat Scratch is a damage machine. Not sure about the healing Rage though.

Idk, I would rather have a fun and simple boss than a complete hardass one that blocks you from seeing the final ending for so long, because you are struggling to defeat him for so long.

Kefka is an insane psychopathic monster who enjoys poisoning innocents, but at least he was nice enough to give you a fun and simple final battle with fantastic music.

Dark Cloud, Zeromus and Ex-Death could learn a lot from him.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I've always found it a bit sad that the villains with boss battles with epic presentation and style, are also the easiest battles in the entire series. Kind of makes the hype for the fights less intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Idk, I would rather have a fun and simple boss than a complete hardass one that blocks you from seeing the final ending for so long, because you are struggling to defeat him for so long.

Kefka is an insane psychopathic monster who enjoys poisoning innocents, but at least he was nice enough to give you a fun and simple final battle with fantastic music.

Yep the boss music for the final battle was just so awesome. I still don't know Uematsu was able to create epic music like that on such a limited system. Yes it was a fun battle. I remember the first time I faced kefka and facing the other bosses to get to him. I didn't think I was going to do it. Everything about six was great. Now I want to play it again ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin-101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post

Yep the boss music for the final battle was just so awesome. I still don't know Uematsu was able to create epic music like that on such a limited system. Yes it was a fun battle. I remember the first time I faced kefka and facing the other bosses to get to him. I didn't think I was going to do it. Everything about six was great. Now I want to play it again ha.
    Uematsu was just SUPER talented

and then the merger happened....

I think I'd probably have to agree, if you had to choose between the last boss being an experience over a challenge, you'd probably want it to be an experience. Though ideally you'd wan tit to feel like both. But at least Kefka feels like a memorable experience. Though for me VI was the first game I ever power-leveled with, and I had 6 or 7 characters at level 99 when i first beat it, so there really wasn't any chance of losing, regardless

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Terra at level 99 with the right Espers at level up with the gem box, and earrings could beat a group of 16 Kefka's easily I'd say. Never really tried that though.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He sure isn't a pushover in bed.

Calling him a lightweight is a hard call. Im not sure I remember what fighting him without a full party of LV 99s even felt like.

The way the game is designed I guess it's at least feasible you could go straight to Kefka's Tower with the bare minimum of Celes Edgar and Setzer with whatever level you came out of Darryl's Tomb as.

Is he still a pushover with 3 guys in the 40-50 range?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I was really overpowered when I faced him for the first time recently. It's the way I like to be when beating a game for the first time. I had everyone at level 60 and everyone knew Ultima. Also, two of them had Economisers and one had the Gem Box. It was horribly one-sided. When I play through again I'll definitely make it a bit more challenging.