Thread: Unlimited Hammer Suits in Super Mario Bros 3 without cheating

Banned

Default Unlimited Hammer Suits in Super Mario Bros 3 without cheating

Has anyone tried this before?
    I was curious if it might be possible to farm the Hammer Suits from the second Toad House in Ice Land, since that house is guaranteed to give you that suit and it is restored every time you get a Game Over.
    And it turns out that - you can!
    I tried this on my own copy yesterday and I could actually get 3 of them from that very same Toad House by constantly getting Game Overs and revisiting it.
    This was fairly easy to do once I had beaten the first castle and cleared the rubble from one of those first pipes, since this allowed me to jump straight to stage 4.

Banned

Although I am sure a lot of people have tried this before, but some things tend to be overlooked for a long time, so I felt like mentioning it anyway for those who didn't know about it already.

I will have to take advantage of this next time I play through this game.
    I once heard an urban myth that completing the game twice in a row would give you 28 Hammer Suits, but that turned out to be a false rumour, so I guess this is the next best thing.
    Last edited by Bubba; 04-16-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly did not know this was a thing. Pretty cool if you can get it though. I was never a huge fan of the hammer suit though. I could never time my hammer throws very well. Now, if we're talking about unlimited tanooki suits then sign me up!

I always remember collecting a load of P-wings you know... just in case. I never used them except that one level on world 8, I forget which one. The one where flying through the whole level makes it easier. Which I suppose is all of them!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I honestly did not know this was a thing. Pretty cool if you can get it though. I was never a huge fan of the hammer suit though. I could never time my hammer throws very well. Now, if we're talking about unlimited tanooki suits then sign me up!

I always remember collecting a load of P-wings you know... just in case. I never used them except that one level on world 8, I forget which one. The one where flying through the whole level makes it easier. Which I suppose is all of them!
    There is a guaranteed Tanooki Suit in the first Toad House in Sky Land, and if this trick worked for the super-rare Hammer Suit then I am sure that it works for the Tanooki Suit as well.
    Very handy exploit if you are willing to invest some time on it.

Also, in case anyone is curious, I did also try farming Warp Whistles, but their locations could only be visited once;
    the ones from the fortress in Grass Land and from the secret flame guys in Desert Land are gone forever when you have beaten them once, and the secret area behind the goal on stage 3 in Grass Land became inaccessible after the first visit.