View Poll Results: Funniest Final Fantasy?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • FFI

0 0%
  • FFII

0 0%
  • FFIII

0 0%
  • FFIV

0 0%
  • FFV

7 36.84%
  • FFVI

2 10.53%
  • FVII

0 0%
  • FFVIII

0 0%
  • FFIX

7 36.84%
  • FFX

2 10.53%
  • FFXII

0 0%
  • FFXIII

0 0%
  • FFXV

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funniest Final Fantasy

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Funniest Final Fantasy

So I'm still playing through FFVI and I'm legit laughing out loud at some of the dialogue! There have been plenty of comedy moments across most of the games.

Which one stood out the most for you?

I am torn between FFVI and FFIX. They have both really funny dialogues!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yes, the twelve legendary weapons. They are weapons. They are legendary. There are even twelve of them.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

V hands down, followed by IX as a close second and VI rounding out third place.

VIII or IX. It is Laguna vs Zidane really.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

None of the above, FFTA 2 made me laugh more times than like all the other games in the series combined.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I actually don't know! FFV and VI are hilarious, and of course VII has the delights of Mukki and cross-dressing. FFVIII had the instruction to make sure the hot dogs were okay as well as the tap dancing, and IX had the Quina-Vivi wedding. In more recent iterations I loved the Shrek-Donkey dynamic of Lightning and Sazh, and Prompto is a non-stop stream of comedy in XV.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    FFVIII had the instruction to make sure the hot dogs were okay as well as the tap dancing.
    Its curry bread, not hot dogs.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    FFVIII had the instruction to make sure the hot dogs were okay as well as the tap dancing.
    Its curry bread, not hot dogs.
    In the English language version (i.e. the one 99% of us will have played), it's hot dogs.

And the answer to this is FFIX. All FF games have funny moments, but I don't think any have as many as FFIX has.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

For me VI is the funniest for one reason only. Ultros! It is like they snuck in one of their fetishes, then teamed it up with a disease that sneezed you out of disgust. The Original (Labeled III) even had the line Don't tease the Octopus Kids while hitting on Terra.

Probably IX actually. Quina and Steiner made me laugh many times. XV had the funniest moment for me, but it's not the funniest for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post

In the English language version (i.e. the one 99% of us will have played), it's hot dogs.
    As if it was necessary to tell me that. Just because someone uses another word for something it does not magically become that. Its the same with Tifa's "Orthopedic Underwear" that was not at all what the text said or how Yuna did not say that she loves Tidus explicitly but said it through a "Thank you". Zell is even eating the bread in the final scene so we can't even say "well, whatever" if we would have the power to do so.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 04-17-2017 at 08:06 PM.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

As if it was necessary to tell me that. Just because someone uses another word for something it does not magically become that.
    Actually, in this instance, it does. This isn't some fan argument like 'who does Cloud really love', it's what the actual English language game says! You act like what Psy said originally was wrong.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Actually, in this instance, it does. This isn't some fan argument like 'who does Cloud really love', it's what the actual English language game says!
    That has nothing to do with a fan argument. It is flat out not the word translated to what it means but exactly what you said: What the English version says. What the English version says has no value for the game's "true content". It is just something a translator decided to write to make it appealing to the West. And as said, it is not even up to debate, because Zell eats the bread in the finale making it even something that can be seen. Yuna did not say I love you to Tidus, she said Thank you. You are totally missing the context of me saying "they don't say it" by thinking "we can see it so they say it" and therefore totally aiming for something else - even though you very well know what I am talking about. I am talking about what they are actually saying. And yes, it is significant because the question is, does Psy actually find Zell's love for bread funny?

EDIT: Also it is not open to debate who Cloud truly loves. He "loves" Tifa but his feeling for Aerith goes way deeper. He has a soul connection with her so she can actually reach him and what he associates with her is his Promised Land. The answers exist already.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 04-19-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It's an interesting bit of trivia that it was originally curry bread, but it doesn't change anything for me. The English version improved on the Japanese version because hot dogs are funnier. It's a minor throw away gag and not a major piece of dialogue like the Yuna "Thank you/I love you" example.