So... I just came back home after watching the live action for GitS.
First thing first, I'm a huge fan of the franchise and I watched everything about it. Judging from the trailers, my expectations were below zero, I knew it wasn't going to be the movie I wanted it to be.
After watching it, a few things came to my mind.

(SPOILER)Despite having done a mix between the two films made by Oshii and SAC 2nd Gig, I thought that the overall plot wasn't so bad. I appreciated the tributes to Oshii's movies here and there, they were done very well in general. Also Scarlett Johansson did a fine job as the Mayor. I mean, I think people were expecting a bit too much considering how hard is to portray a character like that. Just to clarify, I'm a not a SJo fan in general.
The visuals were stunning. The movie looked very beautiful and the production values were really high.

As for the negatives, the worst aspect of the movie to me were the dialogues. They were banal and not so interesting, miles away from how they should have been. One thing I really didn't like was how, in the first few minutes of the movie, some characters kept repeating that the Mayor does indeed have a ghost/soul, thus nullifying her search for her own identity, which was relegated to regain her past/memories. This over-simplified the philosophical core of GitS leading to a bit of a letdown. But then again, I was expecting something similar so I'm not going to rant too much about it.
Now, the music: I mean, c'mon ffs, why they didn't use the score from the movies?? It would have been a lot better that way.

Overall it wasn't so bad, but it could have been a lot better.