Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXX Game Thread - DESPAIR!!! At Hope's Peak Academy!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nagito View Post
    You misunderstand me. I have no such thing as a power role. And yet I was gifted with a most peculiar PM this morning informing me that I had been blocked during the night. I figured it was all I could do to inform you of that fact. What you make of that is up to you.
    This seems strange to me since I thought only those with power roles would be informed when they're blocked. So if you don't have a power role then that's definitely an iteration of the roleblocker role I've not encountered yet.

So can I ask why you shared that with us so early? I could perhaps understand wanting people to know there's a roleblocker in play, but even that seems thin to me. If the roleblocker (or one of the roleblockers) is mafia then at best haven't you admitted that you were blocked but don't have a role essentially confirming you shouldn't be targeted again? Exactly what was your play here because it seems like it has the potential to help mafia more than hurt them if you're really town unless I'm missing something.

*sigh* Even when I try to help I just screw things up even further. Go me. All I can really say is that when I saw that message in my inbox my first instinct was to share it publicly so everyone would know. I also figured it'd make me being town more believable, even if the possibility of me being scum making all of this up is of course there. So there was a bit of a selfish aspect to it. I didn't think much of the potential downsides to coming out with it.

I really suck at helping you guys, don't I? Why am I still here.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Nagito, with respect, you must stop this pity parade and maintain a stiff upper eyelid, as the British say. At the end of the day, the main thing we students have at our disposal is our voice, and you must use yours to stop this inward self-contemplation and be productive and proactive.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quick notice: I will be adjourning the class trial to go rest and attend an important royal meeting: Colonialism and You: Why You Shouldn't Invade that Resource-rich Neighbour.

A royal education is never finished!

(Actually, I'll just be sleeping and attending a work meeting. No invading in my immediate future)

No need to waste your breath on trash like me. But don't worry. In the end, hope will always win. That's what I believe. And I intend on seeing this through to the end and witness the birth of a great hope that would not lose to any despair.

My vote for Nekomaru still stands. For an Ultimate Team Manager he certainly doesn't seem to concerned about motivating the team, does he now, Miss Sonia?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Byakuya View Post
    Ignore that last post, hit post quick reply instead of go advanced, which is what I need to do if I want to use spaces in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yasuhiro View Post
    All I'm sayin' is that you stay quiet if you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you. If you're tryin' to keep people from gettin' a read on you, it's probably not for good reasons. Leon hasn't done anything besides try to lynch people with little to no explanation. That's not scumhunting, that's trying to make chaos.
    Exactly -- you keep quiet if you don't want someone to have a read on you. You don't barrel into a thread filled with nothing but roleplay and goofing off and ensure you're going to stand out in peoples' minds by swimming against the current and trying to find scum.

There's clear town motivation in Leon's actions, and no scum motivation at all--what scum would think it would be a great idea to get all eyes on them immediately? That's not a good way to fly under the radar.
    And yet, all he's done is get eyes on him. Looks at the vote tally, bro. My crystal ball is a little foggy, but I'm gettin' maybe two scenarios.

1) Leon's scum, and decides to play it up on the suspicious behavior thing. Why? Because of course, man. It's the ol' switcheroo. Act suspicious and people will think it's too obvious to mean Leon is actually scum.

2) Leon's tied up, somewhere. Maybe literally.

The main reason I haven't voted on him is because he hasn't responded yet. I'm getting the ol' busy signal on trying see where he's at right now. He's basically a dead man at this point either way. That's the part that's starting to not make sense in the ol' noggin'. He hasn't posted once this cycle so far. Which means tuxedo bear is gonna off him. But what he's doin' is so shady that most people want off him even if he does post a vote.

It just doesn't make sens to be this quiet. He's not flyin' under anybody's radar right now, and the fact that you seem to think he is is also pretty strange.

Honestly I see Leon as pulling a scummy move. If he does flip scum you telling us all he isn't for a fact off his 2 posts that had no real strategy behind them will make you look really scummy. I am already thinking of changing my vote now as Leon is offing himself.

If we reach the period a few hours before the end of the trial and Leon still has yet to cast his vote, I would recommend that everyone who's voted for him unvote and switch to someone more active and suspicious. With luck, we could conceivably crush two Despairs with one stone.

[QUOTE='[M] Yasuhiro;3661725']
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Byakuya View Post
    And yet, all he's done is get eyes on him. Looks at the vote tally, bro.

EBWOP: slaiked the vote tags.

P.S. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yasuhiro, your argument that having eyes on you somehov being indicative of scum is quite a reach considering the very purpose of his being suspect is his inactivity. I think you may be reading too much intent into his actions or lack thereof

It's very possible he's simply inactive, yes? I agree his gameplay up to this point has been rather lacking in helpfulness, though. I'm always dovn for voting inactives but this seems pretty manufactured. Either vay he is likely to die so ve could mayhaps consider the possibility of a second person being voted for today?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kyoko View Post
    If we reach the period a few hours before the end of the trial and Leon still has yet to cast his vote, I would recommend that everyone who's voted for him unvote and switch to someone more active and suspicious. With luck, we could conceivably crush two Despairs with one stone.
    I think the other side of this is that we run the risk of losing two townies as well

##unvote: Leon due to him about to kill himself.

##: Vote Byakuya

His defensive stand on Leon has me thinking he is Scum trying to save another scum. Really hope I am right here.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Celeste View Post
    Yasuhiro, your argument that having eyes on you somehov being indicative of scum is quite a reach considering the very purpose of his being suspect is his inactivity. I think you may be reading too much intent into his actions or lack thereof

It's very possible he's simply inactive, yes? I agree his gameplay up to this point has been rather lacking in helpfulness, though. I'm always dovn for voting inactives but this seems pretty manufactured. Either vay he is likely to die so ve could mayhaps consider the possibility of a second person being voted for today?
    You're arguin' the same side of the coin, chica. You sound like you're disagreein' or somethin', but you just said the same thing I did. At first he was pretty suspicious, and he still kinda is, but now he's been so inactive it's hard to tell if it's a scheme or if the dude is just out of it.

Only thing I can see, other than he's legit gone, is that he's layin' low and waiting for everyone to pull votes back offa him because they think he's gone. Then when the heats off, he comes in at the last second and puts a lynch vote on someone. He could be hopin' for this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoko
    He'd survive another day, but it'd be pretty obvious he's scummy at that point. It's a stretch, but not totally impossible.

Basically, he's actin' totally weird, but the longer he stays quiet it actually starts to make him less scummy.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Nagito View Post
    *sigh* Even when I try to help I just screw things up even further. Go me. All I can really say is that when I saw that message in my inbox my first instinct was to share it publicly so everyone would know. I also figured it'd make me being town more believable, even if the possibility of me being scum making all of this up is of course there. So there was a bit of a selfish aspect to it. I didn't think much of the potential downsides to coming out with it.

I really suck at helping you guys, don't I? Why am I still here.

Okay, I suppose that's plausible but my gut still doesn't quite feel right. It's been hard to get straight answers from you. Maybe it's just some role play but I feel like you've dodged some questions whether intentionally or not and if nothing else it's confusing to the conversation.

I'm leaving my vote for now just because it's gotta be someone and you seem pretty safe at the moment anyway.

And I've never bought into this whole Leon is scum thing that heavily. Sure, it was a bit suspicious when he disappeared for a while, though still being gone is weird but possibly just a sign of irl commitments. If he pops up at the last second when the heat is off I'll actually be a bit more suspicious of him, but prior to his disappearing all we had was two posts, one of which I very clearly interpreted as scum hunting. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way I'm not feeling comfortable enough with the suspicion levels yet to change my vote to him or anything.