Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXX Game Thread - DESPAIR!!! At Hope's Peak Academy!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Oooh unless [i]someone[/] is a Godfather, in which case you will flip as town even if you aren't. But you would flip vanilla and not cop so we'll still find out if you're lying if you do get lynched

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

This is dramatic. Okay, so here's what I am thinking currently:

1) We lynch Byakuya. If Byakuya flips specifically as a Cop, then he is telling the truth. We should lynch Chiaki and Sakura tomorrow.

2) If Byakuya either flips as Ultimate Despair or as Vanilla Townie, that means he is either Mafia or Godfather, and thus we have lynched a Mafia. Chiaki is confirmed as Cop, Sakura is likely not Mafia.

Does this sound like a plan, everyone? I'm open to suggestions on this. Let's take today slow and methodical. We don't want to choose incorrectly.

I would like more information however. Why did both of you decide to investigate Sakura?

Chiaki, who was your Night One investigation target?

One of the two people claiming cop is bound to be mafia. I still think it's Byakuya. If he flips cop, we'll know for sure that Chiaki is mafia.

I did both investigations for the same reason: They were players I couldn't get a read on.

Full speed ahead, mateys, it's time for this to happen!

Hmm, Sakura, what is it that makes you think Byakuya is not the real cop?

Furthermore, because it is important to remember there are other Ultimate Despair spies lurking among us, I'd like to understand where both your thoughts and suspicions lie as our Suspected!Cops.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Sonia View Post
    This is dramatic. Okay, so here's what I am thinking currently:

1) We lynch Byakuya. If Byakuya flips specifically as a Cop, then he is telling the truth. We should lynch Chiaki and Sakura tomorrow.

2) If Byakuya either flips as Ultimate Despair or as Vanilla Townie, that means he is either Mafia or Godfather, and thus we have lynched a Mafia. Chiaki is confirmed as Cop, Sakura is likely not Mafia.

Does this sound like a plan, everyone? I'm open to suggestions on this. Let's take today slow and methodical. We don't want to choose incorrectly.
    I wouldn't be too hasty with this either. It is possible that he's a townie lying about being a cop to get us to follow his gut on who mafia is. Also claiming cop if he's a vanilla or a less important role likely means that mafia would target him and they might just kill a vanilla. Seems convoluted but it is possible. Lying about being a cop doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make him mafia

I would like more information however. Why did both of you decide to investigate Sakura?

Chiaki, who was your Night One investigation target?
    I investigated Nagito night one, he is a townie, and I investigated Sakura night two because I really had no idea who it could be, Byakuya seemed obvious, so I took a shot in the dark. Sakura is reasonably active so I figured I'd gain info either way. She came up vanilla townie

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chiaki View Post
    I wouldn't be too hasty with this either. It is possible that he's a townie lying about being a cop to get us to follow his gut on who mafia is. Also claiming cop if he's a vanilla or a less important role likely means that mafia would target him and they might just kill a vanilla. Seems convoluted but it is possible. Lying about being a cop doesn't AUTOMATICALLY make him mafia

I investigated Nagito night one, he is a townie, and I investigated Sakura night two because I really had no idea who it could be, Byakuya seemed obvious, so I took a shot in the dark. Sakura is reasonably active so I figured I'd gain info either way. She came up vanilla townie
    I'm not so sure about this. Town people should never lie because if they are caught out in a lie, then they look so suspicious it is impossible not to lynch them. That then just draws unnecessary attention away from identifying Ultimate Despair members.

I suppose I could see the 'lightning rod' idea, but then again, the actual cop or doctor would go "huh? hang on a minute", out themselves, and then expose them to Ultimate Despair. I'm not saying either of these are impossible, but they are so unlikely and detrimental to be plain stupid if this was actually the case.

Also, those reasons seem fair. Using investigations to clarify ambiguous types who don't swing innocent or suspicious is a pretty good tactic, actually.

Of the remaining people Byakuya and Chiaki, where are your suspicions?

If it sounds like I am a contestant on a blind date television programme (In the Kingdom of Novoselic, our programming is reduced to cheesy soap operas), I'm trying to get as much information as possible in the event that if our cop survives this lynch and they're killed in the night (say a doctor got roleblocked or something): we at least have their final summaries and thoughts from a confirmed Town, and a power role at that.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chiaki View Post

I'm not so sure about this. Town people should never lie because if they are caught out in a lie, then they look so suspicious it is impossible not to lynch them. That then just draws unnecessary attention away from identifying Ultimate Despair members.

I suppose I could see the 'lightning rod' idea, but then again, the actual cop or doctor would go "huh? hang on a minute", out themselves, and then expose them to Ultimate Despair. I'm not saying either of these are impossible, but they are so unlikely and detrimental to be plain stupid if this was actually the case.

Also, those reasons seem fair. Using investigations to clarify ambiguous types who don't swing innocent or suspicious is a pretty good tactic, actually.
    Oh I agree its super sketchy to lie about being a cop if you aren't mafia, I'm just saying its possible. We have lost enough townies to not consider every possibility

My main suspicion right now is Byakuya, honestly. I'm still not getting a good read on anyone else

No, that seems fair to me.

I'm also looking at Nekomaru and Yasuhiro to appear today. Maybe they have something to share in class?

Of the remaining people Byakuya and Chiaki, where are your suspicions?
    Lynch Chiaki, lynch Sakura, and lynch you. Game over town wins.